Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth is a great MMORPG does exists out there that...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Has open world with housing that you can build/buy and customize.

Be a murderer or hunt murderers for bounty or join a faction to war another for cities control and NPC economy. PvP system with full loot.

Free to play.

Can craft anything from armor/weapons/furniture/food/potions/clothes and more... with the strongest potential.

No Auction Houses or global chats that break the immersions. Players sell their stuff through hired vendors at their houses or go to the cities.

Be a treasure hunter a fisherman or a thief that makes people rage when you've loosen their pockets...

Be a rare/artifact collector and display your wealth for many to envy at your lovely decorated home.

Powerful bosses randomly spawn 1-2 times a week at a random times/location that reward with more than just items, but ways to further train and exceel in your professions.

And many other staff run events occur through the year from PvP tournaments to what not.

And there is probably a lot more, but anyways such game today exists and if you've already guessed which one I'm talking about, why are you not playing it?

Cuz I sure I'm and most likely will until 2015+ cuz there is nothing close to its complexity that's coming in near future... 

Comments

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Thanks for the mystery.

I bet you were expecting me not knowing, to ask what you are talking about... but right now, I have no time, so... let me dream of the perfection.

Do not ruin it for me. Its perfect right now.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• loltacololloltacolol Member UncommonPosts: 26

Uhhhhhhh.......

PvP tournaments!?

Housing?

Useful craft?

What game is this and why am i not playing it?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    And its fatal flaw is what, 2D isometric crap graphics?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Iselin
    And its fatal flaw is what, 2D isometric crap graphics?
    For me it is :)
    (If I am guessing correctly.)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    I could live with UO graphics, but the outdated UI is just a complete no-go. Get it working with SA client and I'm game.
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Does he mean EQ2? or EQ1? 5
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    tom_gore, what is "SA client"?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• NurofenNurofen Member Posts: 32

So maybe take the "artisan" crafting from SWG, add in the combat graphics and animations of SWTOR, combine with the eloquence, robustness and sheer square footage of WoW, provide a loot system as good as in Diablo 2, give us a skill set as versatile and complicated as in Path of Exile / Diablo 2, have a very low subscription like 2 pounds a month but still allow for new content  and development to stay alive, give all new players at least "30 hours gameplay" for free without subscription. Do away with "realms","servers" and all that old-fashioned shit that pins your characters on specific servers, or maybe use the GuildWars instant server port, provide LFG and LFR as from WoW to allow almost all players to see all the available content, all gear and equipment freely transferable between characters as in Diablo 2. Have I missed anything?

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

At some point in 2014, I'll probably dip into these mmorpgs: UO, SWG and maybe even a MUD or two. It's probably more interesting than the usual batch of new mmorpgs bar a few indie titles scrapping away in production on a budget that could be interesting.

I'd rate the OP as a good tip-off.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

NEWSFLASH

SWG WILL RISE AGAIN FROM THE DEAD

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I think the official name is "Enhanced Client", which supports larger resolutions, proper hotkeys, etc. Some freeshards support it, but most don't.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I think the official name is "Enhanced Client", which supports larger resolutions, proper hotkeys, etc. Some freeshards support it, but most don't.

Geez, that client has gone through a lot of names! Kingdon Reborn, Stygian Abyss, Enhanced Client... it's like the product protection plan of game clients. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Be a murderer or hunt murderers for bounty or join a faction to war another for cities control and NPC economy. PvP system with full loot.

Free to play.

Can craft anything from armor/weapons/furniture/food/potions/clothes and more... with the strongest potential.

No Auction Houses or global chats that break the immersions. Players sell their stuff through hired vendors at their houses or go to the cities.

Be a treasure hunter a fisherman or a thief that makes people rage when you've loosen their pockets...

Be a rare/artifact collector and display your wealth for many to envy at your lovely decorated home.

Powerful bosses randomly spawn 1-2 times a week at a random times/location that reward with more than just items, but ways to further train and exceel in your professions.

And many other staff run events occur through the year from PvP tournaments to what not.

And there is probably a lot more, but anyways such game today exists and if you've already guessed which one I'm talking about, why are you not playing it?

Cuz I sure I'm and most likely will until 2015+ cuz there is nothing close to its complexity that's coming in near future... 

What game is this? I really would love to play it, lol. 2D or not.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Free to play.

I would say Age Of Wulin but it doesn't have housing although you can build forts.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

*checks* Nope, that key does not fit my lock. So much for the simple answer.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

It's SWG.

Best MMORPG ever made.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    UO is a bit too archaic at this point for my taste.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    SOrry for double post :(
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229

Whatever game the OP is talking about, it definitely isn't Ultima Online because it isn't free to play.

I'd really like the OP to speak up though and tell us what this proverbial game is....

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    He's talking about AA... Would be Wushu except for the personal housing and pick pocketing.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by bcbully
    He's talking about AA... Would be Wushu except for the personal housing and pick pocketing.

ArcheAge has auction houses, in fact the games has 9 A/H. Five on the eastern mainland and 4 in the west.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Obvsly means minecraft! Totally, only thing he could mean.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Anything PVP has more negatives than positives.

No auction houses is a good thing,i think not.

making people RAGE is a good thing,see the problem with ANYTHING pvp?

EVERY single thing you just mentioned aside from housing is in FFXI and done very well.There is moghouses where you can store items and show case your collectibles or rewards.You can be a Thief  which btw also has the skill TH=treasure hunter.

I really hoped that FFXIV was going to be a BETTER version of FFXI with added great graphics,sadly it was not,it conformed to the WOWish type game design.Still since every game is doing it,the better textures and graphics alone makes FFXIV a better product.

It sounds to me that the OP is moire worried about selfish gaming...PVP than a GREAT all around game.

You will NEVER convince me that causing other players anguish/rage or to be angry is better than PVE bringing players together.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Anything PVP has more negatives than positives.

No auction houses is a good thing,i think not.

making people RAGE is a good thing,see the problem with ANYTHING pvp?

EVERY single thing you just mentioned aside from housing is in FFXI and done very well.There is moghouses where you can store items and show case your collectibles or rewards.You can be a Thief  which btw also has the skill TH=treasure hunter.

I really hoped that FFXIV was going to be a BETTER version of FFXI with added great graphics,sadly it was not,it conformed to the WOWish type game design.Still since every game is doing it,the better textures and graphics alone makes FFXIV a better product.

It sounds to me that the OP is moire worried about selfish gaming...PVP than a GREAT all around game.

You will NEVER convince me that causing other players anguish/rage or to be angry is better than PVE bringing players together.

No one gives a shit if you're a care bear. Some people like PvP and some people don't. Just because you aren't competitive doesn't mean it's a bad style of gaming, and calling it "selfish gaming" is completely retarded. Most PvP games encourage teamwork and playing with people on your side against other real players for more of a challenge.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

a thief that makes people rage when you've loosen their pockets...

This part I found curious.  Wasn't Shadowbane notorious for this?  Never played it myself, but I have heard stories from friends recounting the glory days of this game and this in particular was something they would always bring up.