Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I will play Elders scroll

Simply because i look forward to play a new mmo with my old friends and those who stumbles by My/Our path.

Try this game out, it seems to have many things I / We like to go explore.

Wish you all a great day.

Om Shanti

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I will try it because I try them all... "Hi, my name is Iselin and I'm a MMOholic" image

If it's fun, I'll keep playing it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65
    I'll check it out, looks interesting at least. Interesting to note that some media outlets are already calling for it to flop, and there hasn't been a whole lotta hype just yet. Seems like an underdog...be mighty interesting if it becomes a sleeper hit in the long run. If it's fun I'll stick with it, but I will also be checking out other moms too.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

It is pretty much just a gap closer until other mmos I look forward to come out but I certainly hope it is good enough to survive on it's own. If entertaining it should offer interesting story and lore and the end game doesn't likely have to attract me for long anyway.

What I am most interested though is if the areas were the game is trying to be different end up working as planned. I am too damn tired of the recent themepark games forced upon us since the early days of mmos.

You stay sassy!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

As I managed to not play any new MMORPG's in 2013, figured I'd give ESO a try, mostly due to it's DAOC tie in for 3 faction PVP combat at end game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    If I play this it will be for the pvp.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    Same- for pvp 
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Currently enjoying lotro.... And Eso PvE promisses the same story depth 

finally a combat sytem withouth cooldowns,  no more watching hotbars instead of the onscreen action

not a full free skilltree system, but the closest an MMO ever got

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Unless it is hailed as the next big thing since sliced bread post-launch by players (not review sites,) I plan on waiting until the first big discount on the box price (at least 30% off) before I give it a shot - which should be within the first 30-60 days. :)  But if WoD is close to release before it goes on sale, I will probably have to pass until later in the year.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by azurrei
    Unless it is hailed as the next big thing since sliced bread post-launch by players (not review sites,) I plan on waiting until the first big discount on the box price (at least 30% off) before I give it a shot - which should be within the first 30-60 days. :)  But if WoD is close to release before it goes on sale, I will probably have to pass until later in the year.

Every MMO is hailed as the next big thing since sliced bread by players. Just depends on how many players or which players you're talking about. In that same vein every MMO launched is also panned as being the worst MMO in the history of MMOs by players.

Not really a good way to judge a game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Every MMO is hailed as the next big thing since sliced bread by players. Just depends on how many players or which players you're talking about. In that same vein every MMO launched is also panned as being the worst MMO in the history of MMOs by players.

Not really a good way to judge a game.

So true.... same with review sites or even Metacritic scores (although the metacritic review numbers are a bit more useful.) 

Only way I ever really know is by playing it myself.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• OP, if you like to explore then this is not the game for you. Yes, it has Elder Scrolls in the name but no, you will very little to no exploring. It's a hub and funnel to the next hub game.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by Brisky29
    I'll check it out, looks interesting at least. Interesting to note that some media outlets are already calling for it to flop, and there hasn't been a whole lotta hype just yet. Seems like an underdog...be mighty interesting if it becomes a sleeper hit in the long run. If it's fun I'll stick with it, but I will also be checking out other moms too.

Yep always fun to be checking other "moms" out too  but  seriously Yes ill be playing as well  game as announced has my blend of pve/pvp(RVRVR)  ability to  be in multiple guilds helps the crafting and the auction needs as well.

So far no turn off to the game as seen up till now.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Lateris
    Same- for pvp 

My self hype (hope image) is getting high....

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Iselin

I will try it because I try them all... "Hi, my name is Iselin and I'm a MMOholic" image

Pretty much my thoughts.   Plus, I love the Elder Scrolls world.  If while playing it, it feels like I'm playing an Elder Scrolls game, I'll keep playing.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I will play it once it goes free to play. I would have played it as soon as it comes out if it was B2P. I am still tired of hearing the excuse that it is "only" $15 a month. lol ... sorry I am not stupid. In the long term ... that is very very expensive. XD I am not new to P2P.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987
    I will play it once it goes free to play. I would have played it as soon as it comes out if it was B2P. I am still tired of hearing the excuse that it is "only" $15 a month. lol ... sorry I am not stupid. In the long term ... that is very very expensive. XD I am not new to P2P.

Sorry but couldn't disagree more. The facts are if you do almost anything for fun it probably cost at least $15 a month or more. Do you have cable? If so I'm betting your bills far more then $15 a month. Do you drink or smoke I'm betting either will run you far more then $15 dollars a month. Do you eat out? Most likely one good meal a month at a restraunt will cost you $15 dollars a or more with a tip. Do you watch movies? One movie with  popcorn and a drink will cost you $15 in the states at least. So either you are super cheap and do basically nothing for entertainment or your deluding yourself.

End point you want a good MMO expect to actually pay for it don't expect anything good to be given to you for free, and if you can't be bothered to pay much of anything for your entertainment don't QQ when all you get is cheap crap that nickles and dimes you every other min with their cash shop to play.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

I will try the open beta then decide if its worth buying.

I have been burned to many times and will never buy another MMO without trying it first.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I'll play Open Beta just to try it but I don't believe I'll p2p, I will continue with FFXIV:ARR. Of course if I enjoy it immensely I would make the switch.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Yep I am in the same boat.  I prefer to make my own mind up about each game. If its fun, I stick around until it stops being fun.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I've yet to find a single B2P or F2P game upon release that was worth the small amount of money I spent.  Haven't found a good game yet with that pay option out of the gate.  On the other hand, I've found a few P2P games that were worth every penny I spent on them, regardless of how long I actually played them.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by winter

Sorry but couldn't disagree more. The facts are if you do almost anything for fun it probably cost at least $15 a month or more. Do you have cable? If so I'm betting your bills far more then $15 a month. Do you drink or smoke I'm betting either will run you far more then $15 dollars a month. Do you eat out? Most likely one good meal a month at a restraunt will cost you $15 dollars a or more with a tip. Do you watch movies? One movie with  popcorn and a drink will cost you $15 in the states at least. So either you are super cheap and do basically nothing for entertainment or your deluding yourself.

End point you want a good MMO expect to actually pay for it don't expect anything good to be given to you for free, and if you can't be bothered to pay much of anything for your entertainment don't QQ when all you get is cheap crap that nickles and dimes you every other min with their cash shop to play.

Agree 100%.  15 bucks a month for hours and hours of entertainment is dirt cheap.  Cant even get your car washed for that.   Crap my last date, dinner bill was $108 and dinner lasted 1 hour vs many hours of fun in an MMO.   A movie doesnt get me near the hours of entertainment, it lasts 2 hours for the same price i can get 40 hours of MMO fun out of.  Entertainment costs money period and i will gladly pay 15 bucks a month for hours of it because i cant get that anywhere else for that cheap.

Despite the bugs and server queues, I find launch periods to be the most fun as the games are buzzing.  The only reason I would wait to play this game is if Wildstar, EQN or Pathfinder launches at the same time, or Blade and Soul finally makes it over here, as those games are higher on my personal hype level.

But given that none of those have solid release dates yet, I would say its a pretty safe bet that I will be in ESO at launch.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Guilty as well.

I will try it LOL. The worst case scenario is that I won't sub after 30 days. Looking for filler MMO when I need a break from my addiction to SWTOR.

Tried TSW, GW2, Final Fantasy XIV - none of them kept my interest for more than few days - with FFXIV less than 1 h, after realizing that majority of quest are mute which made game not playable for me - SWTOR can spoil ya. TSW was promissing but I really hate zombies.

I was in last Beta and althouth I was disappointed, I might play for a bit. No way though that it's going to keep me out from SWTOR.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by flguy147
    Originally posted by winter

Agree 100%.  15 bucks a month for hours and hours of entertainment is dirt cheap.  Cant even get your car washed for that.   Crap my last date, dinner bill was $108 and dinner lasted 1 hour vs many hours of fun in an MMO.   A movie doesnt get me near the hours of entertainment, it lasts 2 hours for the same price i can get 40 hours of MMO fun out of.  Entertainment costs money period and i will gladly pay 15 bucks a month for hours of it because i cant get that anywhere else for that cheap.

There is also an additional point: for some people who claim that the $15 is too much for a game they seem to want to make the point that this cost "for one game" is too much wheras there are other games that only cost the $60 or so  for the complete experience.

Part of their argument is that "connection costs for game companies are much lower than years past (some argue "practically non-existent) and that all that extra money is just miling the customer.

The point that I and others bring up is that it's very costly to create, launch and continue a successful run of these games and that the game companies are going to need to get this money "one way or another". 

To that others then like to point out the guild wars 2 example. Yet we know that Guild Wars 2 added a cash shop.

So in the end, even arena net needs to have this extra money.

Additionally, these game companies are aware of "the whales" who pay for the majority of their income. This of course is bad because having a small minority make up the majority of your continuing income is not a great idea.

Where part of the larger issue becomes evident is having a sub AND a cash shop. Presumably to make more money (of course) but how much money do they need?

Would it be more realistic to have a sub , no cash shop, but to increate the sub to better reflect the increasing costs of these games?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Guilty as well.

I will try it LOL. The worst case scenario is that I won't sub after 30 days. Looking for filler MMO when I need a break from my addiction to SWTOR.

Tried TSW, GW2, Final Fantasy XIV - none of them kept my interest for more than few days - with FFXIV less than 1 h, after realizing that majority of quest are mute which made game not playable for me - SWTOR can spoil ya. TSW was promissing but I really hate zombies.

I was in last Beta and althouth I was disappointed, I might play for a bit. No way though that it's going to keep me out from SWTOR.

FYI, zombies only make up a small proportion of TSW.