Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally fed up with this game now

gunjinngunjinn Member Posts: 24

Playing from the beginning, 3 lvl 60s, main is cleric with 14k gear score. Did all elite dungeons, so yeah, I can call myself advanced player here.

I painfully finished Sharandar hoping that after grinding there will be some magic "puff" and I will see some point of my stupid dedication.

Now Dread Ring came, and guess what - it is basically the same grind, with dumbed down mini (or should I say micro) dungeons where I kill boss in less than 2 minutes with my cleric without any pet or stone or cat (?????) and get well-deserved crap reward for it.

Waiting in random queue during Dungeon Delves to do anything else than Pirate King is pointless now (well VT wasn't just after the patch because it was popular and people used final boss exploit so there was quite dedicated group every time, but now it's over). Why? Because of jerks who jump in and out, go afk, disconnect, and you have next to 0 chance to replace them with someone due to deeply flawed matchmaking system.

So, what to do in this game? Winter festival? Another mega grind with crap reward. Any other content? Like, 2 lvl 60 skirmishes? Make ranger alt (you cannot even just shoot your bow you need red mob for it...)

So what is the point of playing, I do not know now. Solo content is TOO EASY and basically non-existent at lvl 60, group content is partly limited to guilds (for some people it is a problem to watch/listen stupid guild chat), with crap matchmaking, PvP is a bad joke...

So, after spending, like 6-7 (or is it more now?) months doing stupid grind for nothing, I can rightfully call myself stupid and naive, too. it comes as a shock, because I thought I am smarter than that, but obviously Neverwinter team did outstanding job of fooling me into their game.

No one will give me back my time I invested in this game. But people who are considering sacrificing time to this game and expecting something in return, please acknowledge:

there is NO REWARD in this game, just grind, grind and then grind which is endgame grind to get ready for next patch grind.

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    How can you be fed up?  Don't you know this game was nominated for Game of the Year?  By one of our posters...but still. 
  • NymandusNymandus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Exactly the same thing I'm going through. Grinding the 'F' key to get a Fawn right now. Completely pointless.
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Or you got to play a game you enjoyed enough to stick around playing for 6 months, that's what you got from it. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you spent 6 months doing something you hated. If that's the case maybe you should re evaluate how you spend your free time.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I would not be surprised to find out that many of the posters on here are sado-masochists in real life.

You know when you should stop playing a game? When it stops being fun.... Why do you have to turn it into such a drama?

You enjoyed the game enough to play it for 6 months and now you are burnt out, just move on. There's nothing to stop you from trying it again in 6 months to see if you like it enough to play again.

Also, are you new to MMOs? Endgame grind to move to the next endgame grind... you pretty much described every themepark MMO ever. What other reward were you after? Which other themepark MMO offers this reward?

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

I stopped playing a while ago, yes I still log in to collect the daily reward of praying once or twice (sometimes) a day just to build up the AD's

But other than that I don't play, guild is dead, people don't do anything much apart from complain but mainly due to what you mentioned as the deeply flawed group system, 1 goes afk or leaves and you will NOT be able to replace that guy, may as well disband and start queuing for umpteen hrs all over again. Am not a pvp player but aye bots, afk'ers and multiboxing seemt o screw this up anyways.

Lost interst after the last exploit was taken up but again  servers were not rewound back. so in this game if you exploit you can get away with it, they will just fix the problem but let you keep ill gotten gains anyways, in my eyes that's being rewarded for doing it.

I tend to play Rift right now mainly, there was an exploit but that was rewound so nothing was gained from it and it was immediately blocked by that section being taken offline temporarily. I liked that. Cryptic aka Craptic are just lazy

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    @OP.i think the problem is you took the game far too serious.I realized very early on it was a shallow game meant to deliver a bit of quick in and quick out fun,but not to take it as a serious triple A game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Torcip
    Or you got to play a game you enjoyed enough to stick around playing for 6 months, that's what you got from it. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you spent 6 months doing something you hated. If that's the case maybe you should re evaluate how you spend your free time.
    That is absolutely right. I've lost count of the number of ridiculous posts I've read over the years that say things like, "I've been playing this game now for four straight years and I can tell you it is complete shit...".
    Honestly OP, as this poster says, you hate the game but you've been playing since launch or some such, I can't remember, your post was such a load of whining old crap I can't be bothered to look back at it.
    The point is, why did you stick with it for so long if it was so bad? It's not the game, it's you. People burn out on MMOs then they round on the game and start pulling it to bits. You really should re-evaluate how you spend your spare time - do something you enjoy.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

My retort to anyone and everyone that complains about this game...

It was designed to be a continuation from the last Neverwinter with a slightly better multiplayer experience than previous titles. Developers went bankrupt and Perfect World bought it, bastardized it into a cash-shop wonder machine like all their other titles, and flushed it out the pipes to make money.

Don't get me wrong, game is interesting and actually fun to play for awhile....but it has no staying power and Perfect World doesn't need it to. They have other titles which they try and draw your attention to on their site when you're getting down on any of their other titles like a perpetual revolving door.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by evilastro

You know when you should stop playing a game? When it stops being fun....

Very much this. Games are no second jobs, nor "a commitment" as many stated in the early 2k's. You play to have fun. If it's not fun, just stop and jump into an another one.

I agree with you on the queue mechanics, it's pretty weak. But the rest was obvious right from the launch... Neverwinter's endgame is only a grindfest? Hell yea it is. Simril festival is an even worse grindfest? Exactly. So, just skip them, easy as that.

I like Neverwinter, also have 3 lvl60s like you and 2 more on the way, but I never went near to the Sharandar grind, same to DR. And I occasionally visit the festival for some ice race, because it's fun - but I don't grind for the (lame green) rewards. Probably I'll have the Sled automatically in the end, if I go there a few more days, dunno.

So, what to do in this game? - simple, what is fun to you. I personally go back for the Foundry most of the times. Or leveling a new toon and goofing around with the powers.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    How can you be fed up?  Don't you know this game was nominated for Game of the Year?  By one of our posters...but still. 

Lmao

• TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Keldor837

My retort to anyone and everyone that complains about this game...

It was designed to be a continuation from the last Neverwinter with a slightly better multiplayer experience than previous titles. Developers went bankrupt and Perfect World bought it, bastardized it into a cash-shop wonder machine like all their other titles, and flushed it out the pipes to make money.

Don't get me wrong, game is interesting and actually fun to play for awhile....but it has no staying power and Perfect World doesn't need it to. They have other titles which they try and draw your attention to on their site when you're getting down on any of their other titles like a perpetual revolving door.

More true words have never been spoken... Damn you, Perfect (imperfect) World... Damn you.

RAWR

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

Well, thankfully for me it only took 2 60's to realize all that. :)

Upon realization I uninstalled this game so fast I think it was uninstalled before I set my glass of soda down lol.

• blubstererblubsterer Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by gunjinn

Playing from the beginning, 3 lvl 60s, main is cleric with 14k gear score. Did all elite dungeons, so yeah, I can call myself advanced player here.

I painfully finished Sharandar hoping that after grinding there will be some magic "puff" and I will see some point of my stupid dedication.

Now Dread Ring came, and guess what - it is basically the same grind, with dumbed down mini (or should I say micro) dungeons where I kill boss in less than 2 minutes with my cleric without any pet or stone or cat (?????) and get well-deserved crap reward for it.

Waiting in random queue during Dungeon Delves to do anything else than Pirate King is pointless now (well VT wasn't just after the patch because it was popular and people used final boss exploit so there was quite dedicated group every time, but now it's over). Why? Because of jerks who jump in and out, go afk, disconnect, and you have next to 0 chance to replace them with someone due to deeply flawed matchmaking system.

So, what to do in this game? Winter festival? Another mega grind with crap reward. Any other content? Like, 2 lvl 60 skirmishes? Make ranger alt (you cannot even just shoot your bow you need red mob for it...)

So what is the point of playing, I do not know now. Solo content is TOO EASY and basically non-existent at lvl 60, group content is partly limited to guilds (for some people it is a problem to watch/listen stupid guild chat), with crap matchmaking, PvP is a bad joke...

So, after spending, like 6-7 (or is it more now?) months doing stupid grind for nothing, I can rightfully call myself stupid and naive, too. it comes as a shock, because I thought I am smarter than that, but obviously Neverwinter team did outstanding job of fooling me into their game.

No one will give me back my time I invested in this game. But people who are considering sacrificing time to this game and expecting something in return, please acknowledge:

there is NO REWARD in this game, just grind, grind and then grind which is endgame grind to get ready for next patch grind.

Playing a game for more than half a year (indicates at least some enjoyment or a deep wish to punish yourself ;)) and calling yourself stupid for doing it is the real tragedy here. Maybe you are really up to punish yourself, who knows ....

But that's what you get when you don't enjoy the journey and solely focus on an end goal. An end goal which every half decent game designer will refuse to let you reach, at least not for long ....

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

Maybe you are like a lot of people here and have Victim Syndrome?

It would be understandable. 

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by evilastro

You know when you should stop playing a game? When it stops being fun....

Very much this. Games are no second jobs, nor "a commitment" as many stated in the early 2k's. You play to have fun. If it's not fun, just stop and jump into an another one.

There ya go in a nutshell all you need to remember. Once I realized that their system revolved around grinding astral diamonds for their item shop I knew there wasn't going to be much "gameplay so basically....

Originally posted by Ppiper
    took me 10 minutes to feel the same way.

Sorry it took you so long to figure it out, maybe pay more attention to the grind next time and stop when you are not enjoying it as stated.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I play the game right now but I am not that interested in grinding. So novel idea I don't do it. I log in do stuff for fun then I leave. When I get to a stage that requires me to use the Astral Diamonds if I enjoy the game I might buy something from the cash shop. I hope I never play a game to an extent where I would regret it like you do. That is really sad that you continued doing something you hate and then hate yourself for doing it.

Games are for fun if grinding is required I seriously do not do it. The winterfest thing when I realised I would not be able to farm that much without logging in for hours I exchanged the lights for multiple scarves and sold then for silver .I am not upset about not getting the fawn or weapon or anything. I might get the sled that seems doable.

Problem with you and what a lot of people who get into grinds is that you convince yourself you need something and then you put in the effort then later you regret the utter waste. Did you not realise that games are meant to be fun and if you do not try to get everything or do everything you might be happier. When I played WoW I never had the top stuff and yes people strutted around initially I am talking early WoW with thier loot and it was unique , I envied them but never suffered from the need to be like them.

I do things in games like my houses in EQ 2 which I am proud of but I never considered the amount of work I put in into raising two carpenters in Freeport and Qeynos as a waste because I enjoyed it. My house in Vanguard again I ground up many many classes for that when it stopped being fun I stopped. Learn to stop playing and most importantly learn to enjoy what you do so that even if you might in other's eyes have wasted your time you yourself are happy to have invested it.

The saddest thing about your post is not that you spent the time grinding but that you did not enjoy yourself and in spite of that continued doing it.

Chamber of Chains
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

OP played Neverwinter for 6 months really hardcore, probably have thousand plus hours invested in it and is now fed up of the game? 'no s*** sherlock (s) is all i can say to OP and your sarcastic post.

Feel free to play any themepark MMO hardcore for 6+ months which has been game of the year and let me know if you still feel the same or not. Many people got bored and sick of GW2 (for example) in half the time OP has spent in Neverwinter and we know how many awards it has got.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

That's themeparks in a nutshell, shame that you only figured it out at the end.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

What took you so long to understand that?

It took me 30 minutes in Beta to understand what kind of game NW was going to be.

And when I said that this game has a month of longevity I got the usual stick from everyone. Though it is surprising you lasted more than a month...........

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

OP , i saw that NWN was not going to be a long term game,it is very shallow in it's design.I think you were expecting too much and got too entangled because you were playing for levels and they are easy to get.If you have higher standards for game play,you will see very early on the worth of a game.

Also the combat was very predictable and repetitive so you don't need to wait until level 60 to FULLY understand it's combat.

I figured there was something more in the game with the player made quests,but after i dived into it,i realized,NO it was an over all cheap game with low end assets and what seems a really weak game engine.I knew it would not be more than 1 month of fun for me and that was right about where i left the game for good.It is 100% a paint by numbers game,you follow the quests the entire game,no other game play.Grinding the various different currencies is also not worth the time.

The whole game just feel like spam your hot bar aside from hanging onto one ability,like an AOE.Also the mobs just seem to attack in bunches,no real organized combat,especially in the Boss fights,also not having enough abilities and mechanics make the combat just too simple.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Reply to gunjinn the OP,

I tried this game when it was in beta and when it released. Made it to max level and realized there was not much to do so I uninstalled and moved on to a new game.

I'm sorry you invested so much time to now be left standing there in the cold. Move on and play something new is my best advice. I think most people especially here on this site have been doing that for quite some time. Many people realize the mmorpg market has grown quite stale.

You might want to expand your horizon and try games that are not mmorpg's. Right now I'm having a blast with Warframe, highly addicting.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

If the reward in a game isn't having "fun" then the game is going to feel like a grind eventually.

its just sad that this, like every other MMO made in the last 8-9 years is all about the shiny's and other cheap rewards. I shouldn't be doing instances for an item, nor should I be doing PvP for gear or buffs for my "side". I should be doing it because its fun to do it.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

the best free game out there BUT if you level more than one character then their is something wrong with you.

I got I lv.60 and I play once a month maybe with a friend just when their is new content,wait for ESO or play the other elders scrolls games.

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677

I have played Neverwinter for eight months and my character has almost the highest possible gear score you can have in the game (19k cleric). I am going to visit Neverwinter sometimes for some casual fun now and then but me and most friends preferred to return to the Baldur's Gate server for Neverwinter Nights 2 because it offers much more immersive and atmospheric experience than Neverwinter.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• dragnmastralexdragnmastralex Member UncommonPosts: 29

its a game full of gold farmers ran by a company of gold farmers.

got hacked last night due to a security leak on the cryptic website's portal during the patch. lost all my bank items and AD.

GM response is oh well sucks to be you. Guess you will have to buy back all the stuff you lost from us using real money huh?

worst company ever... will never play another PWE game for life.