Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] World of WarPlanes: Easier Dreamed Up Than Delivered

2»

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    5.7 is way too low, game isnt bad at all. But in any case, I choose Star Conflict
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Azaghal

WOT being Russian company might be using Russian crews as a guideline, but I think the Russian crews should be insulted at being portrayed as brain dead and incapable of remembering how to crew a past tank or plane.

So for me.. WOWP is a failure, even real life flight simulators were easier to fly than WOWP.

For the record, Wargaming are BELARUSSIAN not russian. On the other hand Gaijin are RUSSIANS. Being said that even a russian company are not being so biased towards russian hardware as Wargaming does.

• roudyroudy Member UncommonPosts: 10

Well if they will have premium rounds(that made me quit my 4k battles WOT history for good) I really hope they fail( yes i know you can buy it with in-game currency but the price is over the roof).

I`m playing war thunder atm., played WOWP and if I play WT atm. i think that says all.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I will say this, I hated this game and didn't even make it through the tutorial , the controls customizable or not and lack of response  are atrocious. However, it did make me finally try WoT and I love it. 

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I think Wargaming has shot it's own foot by pumping the millions they made off of WoT into outbranching their business.

Consoles, mobile phones, tablets.....

Meanwhile, the actual development speed and frequency of WoT has stayed the same ever since closed beta.

They should focus on their prime puppies: WoT, WoWP and WoB, and do away with those silly mobile games shenanigans. 

• ThanodragonThanodragon Member Posts: 2

The game has just come out the are some issues just like when world of tanks cam out but just like world of tanks the game is getting better with each patch its not a flight sim if your looking for that play war thunder where you have to have a joystick to play.

The game is a blast Ive been playing since alpha and have seen it grow it keeps getting better its free to play so before you take this sites review as the final word play for one month and decide for yourself. trust me I think you will enjoy the game for all quirks and fun moments

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241

I played the game it is fun for me, it is one of those games I play when I am on the mood for it, I don't sit around and day dream about coming home from work and logging in.

At least it is something different and I am sure it will have it hardcore fans, not all games are for everyone, that is why we have so many out there..:)

• StumanStuman Member UncommonPosts: 71

After a couple of years of playing WoT, I'm over Wargaming.net and their refusal to spend any money of developing their games further. They tinker around the edges (often badly and their old engine is sagging badly with lag inducing updates more and more common) but miss the whole point of development - to produce a better game. They seem intent on producing candy floss and make believe tanks and planes that in 2014, just look old and haggard.

It would of been good three years ago, but just doesn't cut it today.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by TerminalDeity

I know it's highly subjective, but I think the game looks great. I don't know how you could fault the graphics.

Faulting the controls seems silly also, since you can customize literally EVERY aspect of them. 

The game isn't finished, but neither was WoT when it launched, and look what happened there.

Some of these reviews smack of serious politics.

The controls are what you play the game with and the customization does not really help much, they still are badly designed.  I liked WOT, I just flat out do not like this game, no matter how you try customizing the controls.  The only politics in this review is they called a spade a spade.  Now if they had given it glowing ratings, that would have been politics.