Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accept it..

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Cut that shit out right now!  That don't lead to nothin but change!

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Cut that shit out right now!  That don't lead to nothin but change!

/thread

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Is this the bullshit they you in school now?  "Accept things as they are because you don't have the power to change them".  I weep for the future.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

If you buy or play a game, why shouldn't you give feedback?   Saying you don't like something can change things.  Meditating looking at a spellbook in EQ, making instances of bosses that are locked down by 1-2 guilds in EQ, getting killed in UO (you get a non-pvp world)...

If everyone just shut up and had a love fest, these forums would be dead, because everyone would agree on everything, even if they didn't, they wouldn't want to be that guy that didn't 'accept it'.

People post and ask questions, people respond, but somehow they shouldn't if they don't think everything is bliss and wonderful?

Things that can't change, or will never change in a game, yeah it's ok to mention it, but to expect SWTOR to get a new engine or something isn't going to happen...I can see how railing against that is pointless, but if you must, go for it, isn't going to ruin my day.

I think I will just keep doing what I am doing, wherever it falls on the spectrum of acceptance.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Accept it...They will give you a game and you should give them your money because it's a game and.... well... you should accept it... wait... right? Guys? I feel uncomfortable.

• LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    As long as people dont learn to accept an MMO for what it is....but keep dreaming of what it could have been .... they will never be hapy with any MMO ever again..

Accept it eh?

You know a good analogy to the MMORPG situation? (and this will never be understood by anyone who started playing MMORPGs post 2003)

It's like you starting to go to a burger joint you really like. The place started to slowly turn into a candy store until one day it was nothing but candy. Then the kids who started to go there to buy candy look at the people outside complaining that they want burgers and say "If you don't accept this candy store then you will never be happy!".

These kids have no idea that these people don't want a Candy Store to sell Burgers but actually wish if another Burger Joint would be established somewhere else (even in a booth in an alley).

I've always said it before; MMORPG "genre" was hijacked and we (the original target audience) will NEVER see it coming back. Instead, maybe one day a developer will create a new genre (call it World Role Playing Experience WRPE; which is what MMORPGs should be) and keep this retarded "MMORPG" formula going for those ~100 million target audience of dimwits since they think it's "nice and dandy". Win/Win situation.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Originally posted by Robokapp
    change ruined WoW.
    Ruined? According to who? You?

Do you decide the standard for quality for everyone? Because there are a lot of people that do not think that WoW has been ruined.

Perhaps you should just accept WoW for what it is and accept that there are a lot of people that accept WoW for what it is and like it.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by LauraFrost

Accept it eh?

You know a good analogy to the MMORPG situation? (and this will never be understood by anyone who started playing MMORPGs post 2003)

It's like you starting to go to a burger joint you really like. The place started to slowly turn into a candy store until one day it was nothing but candy. Then the kids who started to go there to buy candy look at the people outside complaining that they want burgers and say "If you don't accept this candy store then you will never be happy!".

These kids have no idea that these people don't want a Candy Store to sell Burgers but actually wish if another Burger Joint would be established somewhere else (even in a booth in an alley).

And the kid would be right.

If you don't want a candy store, and there is none ... there is really nothing you can do, but to start your own burger joint.

Or .. you can be miserable. Your choice.

• JeauseoffJeauseoff Member Posts: 36

Another way to put the OPs statement:  If you fire up Super Mario Brothers and expect it to play like Halo - you're gonna have a bad time.  Accepting an MMO for what it is has nothing to do with accepting the whole genre's shortcomings.  Your expectations of a game, and the game as it exists are not going to match up.  Until you are developing the game, it's unreasonable to think those expectations will ever match - so why are people complaining so much instead of trying to affect actual change?

It's much easier to complain on the internet than to become a game developer right?  Well if career in game development isn't possible for you, what other recourse do you have?  Easy-peezy: Step 1)  Stop buying / paying for games you don't like AND stop complaining about them, (you have to be able to do both.)  Step 2)  Cite the examples of games / game mechanics you do enjoy, (and WHY!  Feedback about ANYTHING, without substantiating it is useless to everyone...) - put more energy and focusing on the games and mechanics you like and sharing that on forums instead of spewing vitrol, hate, and discontent and your opinion may actually be taken more seriously by people.  You may even begin to gather allies to your cause.

No one gives a damn about some nerd-raging troll hating on Metroid cause it 'sucks' compared to Call of Duty.  Perpetuating negativity yields no positive results.  Give some positive reinforcement a try with half as much effort as is put into bashing a game and you'll be surprised by how much better the state of things can get.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    As long as people dont learn to accept an MMO for what it is....but keep dreaming of what it could have been .... they will never be hapy with any MMO ever again..

this is why we are getting so many underdeveloped, limited, unpolished, boring, and generic mmorpgs for a while now... because we are accepting them for what they are and blindly supporting them with our wallets telling the company they did an amazing job.... when they clearly did not.

Someone was faster and with same thing in my mind. True.

When people stop accepting shit and stop feeding devs with money for fail, maybe we'll get at least some quality worth MMO. Most of cash grabbers will gave up, but those who want to produce MMO will put finger on the head and make something worth playing and paying. Until then, enjoy shit games everywhere and QQ on forums how your game sucks.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

change ruined WoW.

Do you decide the standard for quality for everyone? Because there are a lot of people that do not think that WoW has been ruined.

Perhaps you should just accept WoW for what it is and accept that there are a lot of people that accept WoW for what it is and like it.

I don't play it, but subs have gone down about 50% in the last few years, so someone isn't thrilled with the change I would guess.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Xthos
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

change ruined WoW.

I don't play it, but subs have gone down about 50% in the last few years, so someone isn't thrilled with the change I would guess.

The only reason people leave a 10 year old game is because of the changes they made ?

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

My Uncle used to say... If you never expect anything, you'll never be disappointed...

Man was he a shit...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

True, but if we are complaining, it means there is something that we do not like, which of course means that we are not happy with it. As a last resort, we post comments about what we do not like in a vain hope that maybe, just maybe, the developers will listen!

It also does NOT mean we will NEVER be happy with ANY mmo, just the one we were hoping was better than it actually is!!!

Accepting it as is means we have given up and will never play again because we kept quiet, there is no way that one will ever be released that we actually like, mostly because developers have no clue as to what it is that we want!

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Also known as "Lower your standards."

"Acceptance" usually means "stop trying to improve."

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by jpnz

Originally posted by MindTrigger
    The op is not even remotely right.  Accepting the status quo when you aren't happy with it is just about the dumbest thing anyone can do with their lives.  What's scary is that some of you roll over so easily and just blindly accept things, believing you can't affect change.  I'm glad my brain isn't wired that way.
    If someone is not happy with their current entertainment choice, there are plenty of other entertainment choices.If I don't like Jazz and I'm the minority, I don't try to change other people's preference in music.Why would I do the same for a video game?
    But there are choices in music. Rock, Pop, Classical, Techno to name just a few of the hundreds of musical genres.

MMORPGs do not exist anymore. Those players desiring to be entertained by them are out of luck. So... we are to just "accept it" and be happy? Get real.

Not ONE innovation was EVER achieved by anyone "accepting" anything. Acceptance is another word for defeat.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Nonsense.

If Americans ancestors shared your attitude, the US would still be an English colony.

You have to fight for what you believe in, or things will never change.........

Some people are happy with modern MMOs, some others aren't happy, you should accept that............that's the way it is.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Does this apply to all consumer products from clothing to food to housing to automobiles as well..??   I was under the impression that companies are responsible to consumer wants and desires, not forced to accept what is forced upon them..  I knew I should of paid more attention in econ 101 class.. 

• PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356

I have accepted their mediocrity, that is why I don't play or spend money on them anymore.

However, single player games and other fun activities now get my time and money.

I think everyone should accept it and just leave, stop playing and stop paying until something

semi-decent is created.  

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by jpnz

If someone is not happy with their current entertainment choice, there are plenty of other entertainment choices.

If I don't like Jazz and I'm the minority, I don't try to change other people's preference in music.

Why would I do the same for a video game?

But there are choices in music. Rock, Pop, Classical, Techno to name just a few of the hundreds of musical genres.

MMORPGs do not exist anymore. Those players desiring to be entertained by them are out of luck. So... we are to just "accept it" and be happy? Get real.

Not ONE innovation was EVER achieved by anyone "accepting" anything. Acceptance is another word for defeat.

SO you're saying WOW and EVE aren't completely different types of games?

What do you mean MMORPG's do not exist anymore?

Accepting a game for what it is, doesn't mean you can't seek to have it improved, it doesn't mean you can't report actual problems with that game, it just means accept that a themepark isn't going to become something else.

To use music as an example, you don't see people ragging on a rock song because it's not a rap song. That doesn't mean people don't rag on that song for being a bad rock song.

As for something else I saw in this thread, comparing what people do here, to MLK? that's just asinine.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Pala

I have accepted their mediocrity, that is why I don't play or spend money on them anymore.

However, single player games and other fun activities now get my time and money.

I think everyone should accept it and just leave, stop playing and stop paying until something

semi-decent is created.  

That's the only thing that would actually bring about real change. Yet it seems people would rather keep funding stuff they hate.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Distopia

That's the only thing that would actually bring about real change. Yet it seems people would rather keep funding stuff they hate.

Actually there are several different markets in the MMO industry so it is perfectly fine for some people to like the current MMOs and spend money on it.

What is not fine is that the Industry makes only games for 1 kind of player and ignores all of the others, but worse is when fellow players tells those unlucky ones to give up and play games they don't like because that's just the way it is (OP I am looking at you).

• WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

image  ...........     image

no not really, one of the guys put it well. if we just accepted everything we would still live in caves with our own shit and shit

crtitical thinking is one of the corner stones of improvement.

was the inventor of toilet paper happy with the tools of that time that were used to wipe their ass? no he wasnt

was the first gay man happy with women? no he wasnt

did Darwin just accept the churchs' explanation of how fish are born? no he did not and look what he came up with! the evolution theory the origin of species

i could write an endless list of other examples but i wont because im cool that way

so the point is.... do not accept it. HATE FLAME AND TRASH the game that dissapoint you or just give out suggestions whatever floats your boat. and wish that someday our opinions are heard

and if you are a man of action, get a career and make your own game

Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by Distopia

Actually there are several different markets in the MMO industry so it is perfectly fine for some people to like the current MMOs and spend money on it.

What is not fine is that the Industry makes only games for 1 kind of player and ignores all of the others, but worse is when fellow players tells those unlucky ones to give up and play games they don't like because that's just the way it is (OP I am looking at you).

I don't see how you came to that conclusion.