Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game has the wrong class designers

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

The game is looking awesome

The game has great quests and a very pro GUI

The game has somehow a good crafting system

The game has nice areas to explore

I had fun playing Wizard, Rogue to level 60 because these are the only 2 classes that are well designed

All the other classes especially the new Hunter Ranger class are just pure bull and horse....

TABing between melee and range for ranger or between Divine and normal for cleric etc etc is no fun

The Ranger is just a weak copy of the Rogue with some slow and boring arrow shots

Clerics that cant heal well are part of this class design mess 

Wizard and Rogue YESS !

The rest   NOOOOPE  !

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

and are Wizard and Rogue 2 most populat classes? If yes, maybe there's something in what you say... if not, it's just like your opinion man.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    I've been out of it for a while but... how the fuck is level 60 possible in DnD? I thought you were hanging out with gods and shit if you reached level 20.
  • ingphorlasingphorlas Member UncommonPosts: 32

i saw cleric in a dress and really never looked back on this game sword and board heavy armoured battle clerics are the best

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    And yet another topic posted by this guy raging out at something he doesn't like. While I don't personally know about the classes outside of Cleric (I stepped away from the game pre-release as it didn't appeal to me), I do know that each class is designed to appeal to different types of people...that's how D&D works, people play what suits them best. Stop raging that the classes have different paces and playstyles just because you've capped your two preferred classes and can't get into how the others play. Go find another game....or is that why you raged in the secret world forums over them not having a trial and demanding one? XD
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

What, you mean you didn't like the cleric's HOLY LAZORZ?!?

This game has less to do with actual DnD then the DnD movie did... but at least the movie is enjoyable (Jeremy Irons very clearly had fun with his role, and he's absolutely hilarious in every scene).

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by ingphorlas

i saw cleric in a dress and really never looked back on this game sword and board heavy armoured battle clerics are the best

You must have this game confused with some other game. Clerics in Neverwinter wear chain armor. 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Yep, Neverwinter has battle clerics indeed.

Lol, I thought nobody remembers that sh**ty movie... and I think it had even a sequel... brrr :)

Originally posted by sacredfool

and are Wizard and Rogue 2 most populat classes? If yes, maybe there's something in what you say... if not, it's just like your opinion man.

Pretty much yep (based on queue times and LFG messages searching for party). Though I never saw official numbers on it, that's an understatement in game that CW is the first, then TR and GWF on the shared second place. Dunno where's hunter, they're pretty new.

But it's not because of wrong design, simply those are the dps classes and it's an action mmo. And CW has some cc on the side, which puts them on the top. A few CW's with healing companions can blast through almost every content without a DC or a tank...

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    I've been out of it for a while but... how the fuck is level 60 possible in DnD? I thought you were hanging out with gods and shit if you reached level 20.
    4th edition they changed level cap to 30.  Then neverwinter essentially split the levels like ddo did

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Hunter Ranger is one of the most popular at the moment. They are everywhere. And, since they are often now the ones at the top of the damage chart, you can't really say that they are a "weak copy of the rogue".  I think that if they had both come out at the same time, Trickster Rogues would have been much less popular, as the bow classes tend to attract more people.

Originally posted by sacredfool

I think they are the 2 most popular classes, but that really doesn't  have anything to do with them being designed better. Casters and rogues are popular in all MMORPG's. Ranged DPS and melee DPS
    ogues are just popular. Great Weapon Fighters are also pretty popular in NW. There is usually one or two in every group.

As with ALL other MMORPG's,  tanks and healers are the least played. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that the same is true in NW.  Many people either don't like the play-style of those classes, or the responsibility that comes with them.  So with 2 out of the 5 starting classes being the least played in ALL MMORPG, having 2 of the remaining classes be the most popular doesn't really reflect on the class design.

On top of that, many traditional MMORPG healers will not like the more active role of the Cleric. Rather than sitting in the back of the group spamming buttons they really need to be in the thick of things. The good thing is that they are very sturdy and don't need constant rescuing.  They do rely less on direct healing than other MMORPG's, and group members still need to be somewhat  responsible for keeping themselves alive...especially if they tend to stand in  the red high damage areas, but they still heal quite well when you use the tools they have, properly. They play differently than people are used to, but it does not make them badly designed.  

Yes, I am guilty of having a rogue and a CW, but I always play rogue and control class in MMORPG's. I also play healers in those games, and I enjoy playing the cleric in NW.  My Rogue has actually taken a back seat to my Cleric because I get more satisfaction out of  healing well than I do out of DPS, and the play style is a lot more engaging than the wack-a-mole gameplay of other MMORPG healers. 

Originally posted by sketocafe

That is just the nature of MMORPG's.  In PnP games it is about the story and the adventure. In MMO's it is about loot, combat, and leveling your class.  Very few people would play an MMORPG that took years to level like the PnP game. 

• rooster99rooster99 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    speak for your self i enjoy all the classes in neverwinter
  • urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120

right now hunter's are top dps...iv'e got a lvl 60 h/r..and come in first or second on dps 90% of the time....they did a great job with the designs...and hunter's in no way are a weak copy of t/r's...