Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter : Game of the Year /vote

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Personally, I am going with no, I couldn't log out of it fast enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

This game is in my personal top 3 IU list.

Whereas IU means Instant-Uninstall.

REALITY CHECK

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Not even close
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    not just no but hell no
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    I getting a feeling it is because it is under PWE that it has a stigma of just being another asain clone of a clone.

I know people post hate against certain companies a lot, but I doubt that many people would refuse to play a game they found was fun, even if it was with a company they didn't like.  I know I wouldn't.  I don't like a lot of the modern mmos, but I won't discount anything, no matter who makes it.

Not a fan of the left/right mouse buttons being your main combat buttons, I think it trivializes the mouse as a tool.  Also dislike the move to limiting abilities, it makes classes feel dull.  Some people like it and think it makes it more action packed and it comes to life....For action combat, I like the UI of TSW more, even though people dislike the animations as a critique, I found their mix to be done well.

Also, not a huge fan of all the telegraphing, but it looks to be here to stay.  I would rather learn to fight mobs/bosses without the telegraphing shaded areas, maybe by a mobs smaller movements. 

These are just my opinions though, seems people like it, and they like what I dislike...  I did try it though.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Some years the best choice really is 'None of the above'

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

This game suffers from a lack of communication between the devs and the people playing.  Their Beta was a joke.  What is the point of a Beta if you are not fixing what your client tells you is obviously broke.

I don't know what the game is like now because I left not to long after Beta.  Does the crafting still suck?  Are you still forced to PvP Arena against your will to get the most auction house spendable money?  Does the dungeon creator still crash repeatedly (those were called founder dungeons I think)?  Do the boss fites still throw adds at you?  Does the main city area still lag beyond reason?  Do they still not listen to anyone asking them to fix shiz???

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Perhaps a list of games where we vote for game of the year would have been fairer?
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    WOW, how far we have fallen.....
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I getting a feeling it is because it is under PWE that it has a stigma of just being another asain clone of a clone.

No, it's one of the most shallow MMOs I've ever played. It's garbage. 100% garbage.

Joined - July 2004

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

what would be you alternative to MMO : GotY ?

Wushu, it saved 2013 for me. It's an original.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

This game suffers from a lack of communication between the devs and the people playing.  Their Beta was a joke.  What is the point of a Beta if you are not fixing what your client tells you is obviously broke.

I don't know what the game is like now because I left not to long after Beta.  Does the crafting still suck?  Are you still forced to PvP Arena against your will to get the most auction house spendable money?  Does the dungeon creator still crash repeatedly (those were called founder dungeons I think)?  Do the boss fites still throw adds at you?  Does the main city area still lag beyond reason?  Do they still not listen to anyone asking them to fix shiz???

I did  play the game for nearly 4 months, never felt forced to PVP and not sure what you mean with spendable money due to PVP. You have to be more clear about that.

The dungeon creator? is what you mean the Foundry? Played and enjoyed several, have even played alittle with it myself to create something in Foundry. But never experianced a crash while playing or using it.

Boss trow adds? Like getting a popup telling you need to buy Sword of Godness in their CS to actually stand a chance to win the fight or actually hurt the boss? Not really sure what you mean, but that could be me ;)

Main city lag. Never experianced lag in the game in. Then again I think the last time I experianced lag was on my 56k modem in beta of Star Wars Galaxies. To make clear to me lag is when they game actually halts while playing which would lessen my ingame experiance. In that I hardly ever experiance that especially in released games. Which doesn't mean lag does not excist. It just means I don't experiance it as many seem to have this issue.

Are you actually part of the development team to know if they are working on certain fixes, Do you sit in at their meetings? Or are you just asuming that if people do not get a response right away that a issue is ignored?

But game of the year, Nope sorry. Not to me but definitly not for the reason some have spoken out here.

• IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256

I feel sorry for anyone that finds NW their GOTY.

There were far better things to play than this. Neverwinter is one of those games that's  "OK"  at best.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It's an adequate game, about on a par with most games out at the moment.  There isn't an MMORPG I would vote for as GotY for 2013.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

Yes Worst game of the year!!!!!!

Path of exile was much more fun than this shitty game ..

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Probably the best new MMO, but that isn't saying much.  Slim pickings this year. I mean it pretty much wins by default.

GOTY in general? Not even close.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If i had to choose a game for GOTY, i'd probably say FFXIV;ARR simply because it has achieved such a radical turnaround from its first release, and its a game i am still really enjoying. Neverwinter though, i don't even know why it would be considered a contender, a lot of the previous posters have also pointed out better games, and i would agree that PoE is definitely far superior to Neverwinter, despite the fact that im not that keen on PoE myself, FFXIV;ARR though, as a game that was re-released this year, is imo, a clear winner image
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Phry
    If i had to choose a game for GOTY, i'd probably say FFXIV;ARR simply because it has achieved such a radical turnaround from its first release, and its a game i am still really enjoying. Neverwinter though, i don't even know why it would be considered a contender, a lot of the previous posters have also pointed out better games, and i would agree that PoE is definitely far superior to Neverwinter, despite the fact that im not that keen on PoE myself, FFXIV;ARR though, as a game that was re-released this year, is imo, a clear winner image

FFXIV released in 2010 (and was a train wreck).

Neverwinter is probably the best game to release in 2013.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Game of the year ? :D Hell no .. lol
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Neverwinter goes into same category with Tera. "The MMORPGs that I wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemy".
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by A.Blackloch
    Neverwinter goes into same category with Tera. "The MMORPGs that I wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemy".

^^^^^^ This