Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Final State of the Game Letter for 2013 Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cryptic's Andy Velasquez has posted the final 2013 State of the Game letter for Neverwinter. In it, the game's accomplishments since launch are highlighted and Velasquez gives a few hints about things to come in 2014.

The bulk of Shadowmantle is just part of what we have been working on for the past few months. We have had a strike team of developers whose single goal is to create events that we can run for everyone every other week. These events range from simply collecting free goodies as they randomly drop in the world (Tymora’s Gift), to creating entire new zones with special events and brand new physics technology (Winter Festival). The team has done a superb job cranking through various events, and will look to expand and improve upon them before they appear again.

In addition to the main Shadowmantle content and recurring events, we have been hard at work on changes that some of you might never see. If you did not know, Neverwinter has been available to play in English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Turkish languages for a while. We have just recently added Russian to the list of supported languages, as well as launched a completely separate shard for Russian players to use! This is completely new ground for Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment, as we have never supported this many languages in this many regions of the world before, but it has been worth the effort.

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

After I also raised voice against it numerous times, I must say I'm very glad to read this line:

"After the massive amounts of feedback that we received here, we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement. We read through as much feedback as we can and all of it is appreciated!"

Thanks, TheSquez, great christmas gift indeed.

(khm, and what about those who already spent 25k's or at the higher tiers 100k's of AD on the Potencies? oh, nevermind, removing it is more than enough.)

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Though I am not a Neverwinter player anymore I do love some of its features, the Foundry is great and near perfect (would be if it allowed multi-player designs, guild designs and PvP). But I just couldn't stay interested. But I was happy to see it remain very popular...too bad they implemented the first signs of P2W though with the pet bonuses, lots of people complaining how many end game groups wont take you if you don't have the right pets, all of them come from the cash shop.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Still no playable Drow for non founders? or have the finally allowed everyone to roll one?
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Could be fun, but not playing and never will as avatar can not be moved by mouse as I remember.
  • NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by Kost
    Still no playable Drow for non founders? or have the finally allowed everyone to roll one?

Drow and Hunter Ranger is open to everyone.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Po_gg

"After the massive amounts of feedback that we received here, we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement. We read through as much feedback as we can and all of it is appreciated!"

You still have to spend AD for mats to allow you to upgrade in the refinement process.

Originally posted by theniffrig

You still have to spend AD for mats to allow you to upgrade in the refinement process.

I noticed too... but there was no patch since they fixed the bag overload exploit at the event start, so I guess it's only fair to at least wait for the next update.

• anwaranwar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    It's gone PTW, it should die, if you want to be entertained without doing anything except spend your money, go watch a movie or buy lottery tickets.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Neverwinter is a sleeper hit of 2013.

more like asleep if you ask me

• mindmeldmindmeld Member UncommonPosts: 229

To stiff, tried to like it but nah.

-Semper ubi sub ubi!
    always wear underwear

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144

I would say, PLEASE, keep Russans on their own shard. I think once Ctypric gets a taste of the abuse from Russian community, they will close that region down by next year. The reward is not that great from the hassle it will cause them to try and fix all the hacking and duping Russians bring to any MMORPG.

An example is with Age of Cnam losing millions in the item mall because of Russian players,

It's ironic, as China is always the country that gets the bad rap for gold-famers/sellers. However, I once watched a documentary on how popular the business of gold-farming/power-leveling services are in Russia and the Ukraine, but I rarely find mention of it anywhere, until seeing your post.

Further irony is I can't remember China being mentioned in the doc at all; however, that doc came out in the mid 2005-2007 (if memory serves me) so China may have been mentioned and  I very well may just not remember.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by theniffrig

I noticed too... but there was no patch since they fixed the bag overload exploit at the event start, so I guess it's only fair to at least wait for the next update.

Another exploit?  What they got, an exploit of the week or something?  Seems like there is always an exploit going on.  A testiment to their competence.

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144

I wanted to love Neverwinter sooo badly! I truly did. However, I just found it to be the mother of all money-sinks that shall see no equal to the end of days.

I do miss my cleric, but not enough to want to go back to that cesspool of greed which seems to accompany all PWE games I've attempted to play.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

I would say, PLEASE, keep Russans on their own shard. I think once Ctypric gets a taste of the abuse from Russian community, they will close that region down by next year. The reward is not that great from the hassle it will cause them to try and fix all the hacking and duping Russians bring to any MMORPG.

An example is with Age of Cnam losing millions in the item mall because of Russian players,

What are you smoking?  That is racial profiling and do you not know the backlash that would result?  Also having their own server does not prevent them from rolling on other servers.

And really this is just proof of Craptic's incompetence.  Dozens of MMOs provide global access without any issues.  The exploits are all on the developer's side of the house for not putting in the proper protocols and with Neverwinter's never ending exploits it is no surprise if people are taking advantage of it.

Neverwinter is a crap MMO and is getting it's just deserts.

Originally posted by furbans

Another exploit? 

Make it two :) but both were handled pretty fast, right at the start. (so the festival started with 2 patches on the first 2 days...)

And it wasn't a big deal, just allowed folks to win a few events on the first 2 days. Based on the massive amount of grind the festival brought, it was like earning 100m headstart - on a 42km long marathon :)

• ToothmanToothman Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by furbans

What are you smoking?  That is racial profiling and do you not know the backlash that would result?  Also having their own server does not prevent them from rolling on other servers.

And really this is just proof of Craptic's incompetence.  Dozens of MMOs provide global access without any issues.  The exploits are all on the developer's side of the house for not putting in the proper protocols and with Neverwinter's never ending exploits it is no surprise if people are taking advantage of it.

Neverwinter is a crap MMO and is getting it's just deserts.

Just for the record.  Nationality is not Race.