Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, 3rd patch in as many days...AV is on a roll.

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

We got prowess monoliths, actionbars changes with some general bug fixes.

This is the third of our scheduled patches before Christmas, that includes the new actionbars, the Prowess Monoliths, and other fixes and various updates.

Prowess Monoliths

Three enabled prowess monoliths have been placed in the world. They will become active once a day, all at nearly the same time, for half an hour while the system is being evaluated. You can check their activation times on the map by enabling the clans map overlay. 

Each of the three monoliths is of a different tier.

Lake Aegrah close to the center of the map – Tier 1
Grenguk in Cairn – Tier 2
Iyrtanhall in Yssam – Tier 3

Tier 1 - Only rewards players that have up to 15000 prowess.
Tier 2 - Only rewards players that have up to 45000 prowess.
Tier 3 - Rewards all players regardless of their gained prowess.

Prowess gained from Monoliths is not affected by diminishing returns.

The higher the tier the higher the prowess reward per tick. Every 60 seconds the monolith will deliver a deadly blast to everyone near it, making it imperative to step off momentarily.

No item can be spawned on the monolith. In the case of mounts or other movable spawned items, if they are driven onto the monolith while it is active, they will get destroyed immediately.

Actionbars

- New actionbars and skill icons, including numerical cooldown indicators.
- Added three options for each radial slot (Available in radial wheel configuration - default: TAB)

• Select default attack after the skill executes
  • Perform default attack when the skill is unavailable (disabled/cooldown)
  • Executing the skill directly using the shortcut key assigned to it

- You may use “Ctrl+x” (by default) to switch between expanded and compact mode.

Examples using the new actionbar functionality:
- If you are casting a short cooldown spell such as thunderbolt, you now have the option to NOT cast the default “staff bolt” in between.
You may cast a spell immediately upon selecting it (without having to press any mouse button), for that extra 0.2 second speed. For example: transfer spells, tornado, heal-self.
- You may have a skill selected to better monitor its cooldown, while you are using default attacks.

By default, left and right Radial Wheels keep their current functionalities, until skill slots are manually customized.

General Changes

- If you release and press the mouse button again, while a skill is charging, the skill will not automatically restart after it is cast ( a.k.a. the “extra arrow fired” bug)
- Added a chat button to toggle the input area's visibility. 
- Implemented an anti-spam mechanism in which long messages must be sent at least 20 seconds apart for the same channel.
- Enabled selection of sub-channels in the chat tab options window by using Ctrl+ left mouse button.
- Added/tweaked some sound notifications on drop,drag,use and equip of items
- Added whisper and friend online/offline audio options.
- Changed friend online/offline sound notifications

General Fixes

- Fixed a bug where playing an emote while switching weapons would result in the player appearing to wield both weapons.
- Fixed a bug where monsters would not attack mounts or mounted players.
- Fixed a bug where disabling “Message Tags” would also hide the timestamps.
- When only one chat window is active the close button becomes disabled.
- Fixed block friend command not working.
- Fixed a bug in anti-spam system that allowed the player to post many messages the first time the chat was opened.
- Fixed the text paste on chat input to respect the 300 character limit.
- Fixed the activation of a channel command when the command is pasted (instead of typed).
- Fixed so that when pressing enter, the chat window will focus the last focused window that has input activated
- Fixed a bug where some channels would not keep their settings after relog
- Fixed a bug where you could not whisper a friend from the social window.
- Fixed the double whisper sound.
- Fixed a bug where multiple UI sounds were being played during loading screen.
- Fixed a bug where strongboxes could be deployed at the bottom of the sea.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Yeah this is weird. Bizarro AV. Downloading the patch now.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Caaahl

Didnt expect that one when i switched on my pc this morning. Kudos to AV in this case.

PS: I play df since closed beta of the first game and i can't remember an incident, where AV delivered 3 relevant patches in a week (+ hotfixes). Think this is a first.

DITTO.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    I still think AV is a shitty company. But these patches sure was a step in the right direction. So kudos to them for that at least.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I am not trying to hate on the game or even the company but guys could you wait until a relevant sample size (preferably several weeks) gets collected before ringing a gong? It may be surprising but unless they sustain a similar rhythm the fact is this might be them just throwing out allot of stuff out there to make sure their game does not tank completely.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Badaboom

We got prowess monoliths, actionbars changes with some general bug fixes.

This is the third of our scheduled patches before Christmas, that includes the new actionbars, the Prowess Monoliths, and other fixes and various updates.

Prowess Monoliths

Three enabled prowess monoliths have been placed in the world. They will become active once a day, all at nearly the same time, for half an hour while the system is being evaluated. You can check their activation times on the map by enabling the clans map overlay. 

Each of the three monoliths is of a different tier.

Lake Aegrah close to the center of the map – Tier 1
    Grenguk in Cairn – Tier 2
    Iyrtanhall in Yssam – Tier 3

Tier 1 - Only rewards players that have up to 15000 prowess.
    Tier 2 - Only rewards players that have up to 45000 prowess.
    Tier 3 - Rewards all players regardless of their gained prowess.

Prowess gained from Monoliths is not affected by diminishing returns.

The higher the tier the higher the prowess reward per tick. Every 60 seconds the monolith will deliver a deadly blast to everyone near it, making it imperative to step off momentarily.

No item can be spawned on the monolith. In the case of mounts or other movable spawned items, if they are driven onto the monolith while it is active, they will get destroyed immediately.

Actionbars

- New actionbars and skill icons, including numerical cooldown indicators.
    - Added three options for each radial slot (Available in radial wheel configuration - default: TAB)

• Select default attack after the skill executes
    • Perform default attack when the skill is unavailable (disabled/cooldown)
    • Executing the skill directly using the shortcut key assigned to it

- You may use “Ctrl+x” (by default) to switch between expanded and compact mode.

Examples using the new actionbar functionality:
    - If you are casting a short cooldown spell such as thunderbolt, you now have the option to NOT cast the default “staff bolt” in between.
    You may cast a spell immediately upon selecting it (without having to press any mouse button), for that extra 0.2 second speed. For example: transfer spells, tornado, heal-self.
    - You may have a skill selected to better monitor its cooldown, while you are using default attacks.

By default, left and right Radial Wheels keep their current functionalities, until skill slots are manually customized.

General Changes

- If you release and press the mouse button again, while a skill is charging, the skill will not automatically restart after it is cast ( a.k.a. the “extra arrow fired” bug)
    - Added a chat button to toggle the input area's visibility. 
    - Implemented an anti-spam mechanism in which long messages must be sent at least 20 seconds apart for the same channel.
    - Enabled selection of sub-channels in the chat tab options window by using Ctrl+ left mouse button.
    - Added/tweaked some sound notifications on drop,drag,use and equip of items
    - Added whisper and friend online/offline audio options.
    - Changed friend online/offline sound notifications

General Fixes

- Fixed a bug where playing an emote while switching weapons would result in the player appearing to wield both weapons.
    - Fixed a bug where monsters would not attack mounts or mounted players.
    - Fixed a bug where disabling “Message Tags” would also hide the timestamps.
    - When only one chat window is active the close button becomes disabled.
    - Fixed block friend command not working.
    - Fixed a bug in anti-spam system that allowed the player to post many messages the first time the chat was opened.
    - Fixed the text paste on chat input to respect the 300 character limit.
    - Fixed the activation of a channel command when the command is pasted (instead of typed).
    - Fixed so that when pressing enter, the chat window will focus the last focused window that has input activated
    - Fixed a bug where some channels would not keep their settings after relog
    - Fixed a bug where you could not whisper a friend from the social window.
    - Fixed the double whisper sound.
    - Fixed a bug where multiple UI sounds were being played during loading screen.
    - Fixed a bug where strongboxes could be deployed at the bottom of the sea.

Thank you for reading.

Really cool, now lets focus on the main aspect of the game!  Sieging...wait...you can protect your cities from sieges during primetime every day....fail...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    I am not trying to hate on the game or even the company but guys could you wait until a relevant sample size (preferably several weeks) gets collected before ringing a gong? It may be surprising but unless they sustain a similar rhythm the fact is this might be them just throwing out allot of stuff out there to make sure their game does not tank completely.

I completely agree.  Lets see if AV can keep the patches and hotfixes consistant and not go back behind closed doors in a couple weeks.  The monoliths were a decent content update but they need to focus more on class balancing, siege mechanics, pvp mechanics, skill/spell selections, character developement content, etc etc.   Instead they added a new hotzone area...which is a good thing....but not the needed content to make this game good.

The population is still dismal and pvp in most areas are still hard to come by unless you find some hotspot or player driven event.  I mean hell...Shadowbane Emu has done a preview over the last week or so and they are averaging 900-1500 players a day on it.  They even had 900 unique accounts logged in at the same time a few nights and don't really go lower then 400 on at a time.  And this is a emulator created by players that have zero funding and getting zero compensation.  AV really needs to step up thier game if player driven emulators are dwarfing them.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    All this makes me want to play DF again. 3 great patches. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Loved my time in dfuw, didnt play enough to be able to compete. Does the game still have a sub? Would play if they dropped the price of the sub or it went ftp.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Kanester
    Loved my time in dfuw, didnt play enough to be able to compete. Does the game still have a sub? Would play if they dropped the price of the sub or it went ftp.

It is still a sub based game. however its 15$ or 15€ for one month of gametime. Thats not really much unless you play 5 other mmo's ofc.

And if you loved the time in uw you will probably like it more now since going out and do pve or cap villages is actually rewarded. And if you cant get siege hammers for example you can use the auction house

With so many trolls taking every opportunity possible to point out anything negative (whether it's true or not), I certainly think it's ok to praise positive stuff that actually happens.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    If AV only kept this momentum the entire year. Then the game would be in a much better position. But a whole year of lies and questionable behavour from AV has taken a toll on me and many others, and I think this might be alittle to late. But at least this is a step up for AV.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    There was a time when I believed av had what it took to build a great game. After false promises and taking the game into a watered down version or the prior game, and the ability to balance classes, no more decent mob loot (this was a huge let down for me as I enjoyed te hot spots it created and going out with buddies to farm stuff we needed) I have zero desire to play this game. There is no point. It's a over sized Pvp arena, without the player base to find regular non one sided fights. If I have an itch to fps style combat I just go to chivalry and scratch it until a true sandbox comes out
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    And these patches are things that should have been completed LONG ago. I don't feel they deserve applause for things they said would be in at or shortly after launch. The game has half the things they said was almost completed but wouldn't quite make it in for launch day.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Nice to see this game improving. We definitely need more quality sandbox games. Who knows, maybe we will see some healthy competition beeween DF and EVE in the future. Kudos Aventurine.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

They're just trying to boost sales over the holidays. 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

the patching is unusual indeed... 

they patch stuff into the game that should have been in @ release and poeple are happy about it..

ill give it another year till the game actually can be called a game.

Originally posted by Holophonist

With so many trolls taking every opportunity possible to point out anything negative (whether it's true or not), I certainly think it's ok to praise positive stuff that actually happens.

Which needs context. 3 great patches once in a blue moon does not look so good in perspective, does it? Consistent great patches for a few weeks or even months before cycling to hotfixes while they work on new stuff would look a hell of allot better.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

These last 3 patches were great!

The new dungeon is amazing, although the human dungeon is still my favorite, design-wise.

The prowess monoliths are also really cool.

I'm excited for 2014, with the upcoming chaos school and village changes.  :)

Which needs context. 3 great patches once in a blue moon does not look so good in perspective, does it? Consistent great patches for a few weeks or even months before cycling to hotfixes while they work on new stuff would look a hell of allot better.

I don't know you're getting your standards for content patches that aren't expansions but they're doing fine.

Also I'm just saying if people can consistently talk about a lack of patches, then I don't think it's a problem to admit it's a positive thing when they do release a patch. If there weren't constant complaints in between patches then yes you can point out how long it has been since the last.

I don't know you're getting your standards for content patches that aren't expansions but they're doing fine.

Also I'm just saying if people can consistently talk about a lack of patches, then I don't think it's a problem to admit it's a positive thing when they do release a patch. If there weren't constant complaints in between patches then yes you can point out how long it has been since the last.

For sandboxes : EVE-Online ( say what you will about the game CCP pushes out patches regularly to fix stuff and put in new stuff with 2 new expansions every year which come in the form of one large patch with multiple smaller ones to allow them to get everything promised in at a decent quality ).

For themeparks : WoW I would say is doing it pretty well (major expansion every few years + content patches).

Both of those are P2P and DFUW is so far not even batting the same average as WoW. Do not get me wrong it is good they are pushing out patches but it needs more consistency especially because DFUW is supposed to be a sandbox like EVE not a lower upkeep MMO themepark like WoW (if shit is broke there => funny stories, if shit is broke in EVE... well Monoclegate at worse).

For sandboxes : EVE-Online ( say what you will about the game CCP pushes out patches regularly to fix stuff and put in new stuff with 2 new expansions every year which come in the form of one large patch with multiple smaller ones to allow them to get everything promised in at a decent quality ).

For themeparks : WoW I would say is doing it pretty well (major expansion every few years + content patches).

Both of those are P2P and DFUW is so far not even batting the same average as WoW. Do not get me wrong it is good they are pushing out patches but it needs more consistency especially because DFUW is supposed to be a sandbox like EVE not a lower upkeep MMO themepark like WoW (if shit is broke there => funny stories, if shit is broke in EVE... well Monoclegate at worse).

Are you kidding? WoW is known for Delays.  Expansions only came every 2 or 3 years, until recently they starting milking the cash cow for what was left.

Darkfall:UW, has had contant updates, and only slowed during the Asian release. I'm sure we will continue to recieve updates just like Wow----- "when they're ready."

I think you're just not approaching this subject honestly. Dfuw came out like 8 months ago. Since then they've added several new ships, dungeons, 3 new schools, the new ui changes, the changes to harvesting, sea fortresses, changes to villages, the market, and whatever else I may be missing off the top of my head.

I think you're just not approaching this subject honestly. Dfuw came out like 8 months ago. Since then they've added several new ships, dungeons, 3 new schools, the new ui changes, the changes to harvesting, sea fortresses, changes to villages, the market, and whatever else I may be missing off the top of my head.

DF came out around 4 years ago, saying DFUW came out 8 months ago is akin to saying the same thing of SWG post-NGE 8 months after it "released".

In 8 months since EVE's launch it already had a major expansion, if we put the actual time of DF/DFUWs existence into play... that's a graphics overhaul, massive swathes of space to conquer and a metric shit ton of stuff added in and before you say anything: CCP had to fund EVE the hard way (investors plus fund raising by selling a board game, if memory serves called Danger Game, to get it out the door), has always been self-funded and has been an uncompromising game ( I started playing it in 2005... to paraphrase a Dawn of War 1 cultist: IT WAS GOOD PAIN! ) . So to keep things objective keep in mind that DFUW and AV have to have a solid year of performance at least close to CCP in their first year (and CCP was putting out allot fires thanks to mo0 pirates) otherwise you guys are just trying to raise awareness of a half-assed developer with a good idea for a game but not enough ambition to actually do it.

I imagine EvE is a easy to program and design for.

It's a tab target game in space, whever everthing is floating, stars and planets are static, and ships are unanimated for the most part.

But whatever, haters gonna hate.

Originally posted by Lustmord

I imagine EvE is a easy to program and design for.

It's a tab target game in space, whever everthing is floating, stars and planets are static, and ships are unanimated for the most part.

But whatever, haters gonna hate.

And fanbois cannot see the forest because of the trees that does not mean you're right considering the only thing DFUW has over EVE is the combat system which is subjective and as for ease of programing... that is down to the developers not being morons not the game being complicated by what I remember of programing (lets not get into the design side of things as that will make you look even worse).