Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thieves

SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
Cancelled my sub three months ago yet they keep charging my account.  I've contacted them over and over and they will not respond.  I finally changed my paypal and credit card info, but they are still trying to charge it....crazy...

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Not being able to delete your billing information is criminal. 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Wow... That must be criminal for sure. AV keeps on showing they are the worst MMO company out there.
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Wow... That must be criminal for sure. AV keeps on showing they are the worst MMO company out there.

I think Starvault holds that title, 

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by ilives

That's what's crazy...I have deleted it...it's not there...yet they keep charging me.  It's insane that I have to change my bank info to get them to stop billing me, but that's what I had to do...INSANE!!  Even crazier, they won't respond to my emails...sadly I was their biggest fanboy for years....

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I thought EA got voted that for the last two years.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    Cancelled my sub three months ago yet they keep charging my account.  I've contacted them over and over and they will not respond.  I finally changed my paypal and credit card info, but they are still trying to charge it....crazy...

You can chargeback, but then they'll ban your for life, lol.  Not sure why people even deal with this company in the first place.

You make me like charity

That's what's crazy...I have deleted it...it's not there...yet they keep charging me.  It's insane that I have to change my bank info to get them to stop billing me, but that's what I had to do...INSANE!!  Even crazier, they won't respond to my emails...sadly I was their biggest fanboy for years....

It will show back up on subsequent logins.  Support are the only ones able to delete it and I'm not thrilled they have that type of access.  

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

I have a couple issues here.  You say that you have contacted them yet they have not responded.  Which is weird b/c I had a billing issue recently and always received a response within 24 business hours.  Second you state that you changed the info yet they are still trying to charge.  How can you change the info and know that they are still trying to charge your CC or Paypal.  Lastly it states somewhere along their TOS that if you don't remove the billing info they will charge you.  Lastly if you have Paypal they won't continue to rack up reoccurring charges you have to renew the cycle manually each month.  So I this once again looks like some random hater that is just trying to give them bad publicity. 

Oh and I know I said lastly, here is the thing though.  If you have a cancelled account, and they charge you, all you have to do is contact support and they will give you your money back.  I know this b/c is states you have to remove the billing info to fully cancel your account in their TOS.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    I have never seen this happen the times I quit.  This includes a guild of 50 players.  Never happened once when any of them quit.  The only way I could see this happening is if you forgot to cancel and now you are trying to do a PR stunt to validate your claims.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Originally posted by -Zeno-
    I have never seen this happen the times I quit.  This includes a guild of 50 players.  Never happened once when any of them quit.  The only way I could see this happening is if you forgot to cancel and now you are trying to do a PR stunt to validate your claims.

There have been numerous reports of this happening, both here and on the DFO forums.

Example

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/391338/A-cautionary-tale.html

It not happening to you means nothing. 

So why would an AV supporter quit so many times, along with 50 guild mates?

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Dont' know...can't really say much other than it's happening.  I've left the game with no problems before, but this time, it's happening...no response from them...got me...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Change your bank info? Just contact your bank and put a block on their charges.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

Pretty much this.

the OP forgot to cancel.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'm pretty sure it's EA (yes they still have more than MMOs, but given that they have been voted "Worst company in america" (and won) several years in a row, I think that speaks for itself).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

You have to love the "It did not happen to me, so clearly it does not happen" reactions.

My car never broke down, that however does not mean cars do not break down. 

Originally posted by Coman

You have to love the "It did not happen to me, so clearly it does not happen" reactions.

I know right, more failed attempts to trivialize the issues.

"I didn't put oil in my car. The engine blew up, and the manufacturer won't replace it."

Originally posted by Lustmord

"I didn't put oil in my car. The engine blew up, and the manufacturer won't replace it."

It's not like AV doesn't have a history of questionable billing. LOL

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?376224-Stop-Billing-Me-K-thanks!&highlight=billing

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?369561-Non-reoccuring-and-got-billed&highlight=billing

Originally posted by Sovrath

Change your bank info? Just contact your bank and put a block on their charges.

AV will permaban your account if you request a charge back.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

This seems to happen quite a bit and is alarming. They need to fix their billing asap, something like this is unnacceptable. Id like to see an explanation as to why something like this happens. In the current day and age it should not be rocket science to set up a proper billing system.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?376224-Stop-Billing-Me-K-thanks!&p=6133265&viewfull=1#post6133265

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

I've had issues with AV myself. Although not with payment. But when I resubbed, my character was gone. No biggie. Every1 knows AV put your character in some place to unload their servers or whatever lame reason they have. Incredible in these day and age that they do shit like this. So I submitted a ticket bout it. 2 days later they came back and asked for ID etc to verify I was the owner etc. I gave them that. One day later they came back and said I had deleted my character the last day my sub ran out. I called it BS, cause I know I played til it ran out, and said the only ones that could have deleted it was themselves. But no. It was my fault. My accounted had been "hacked"... I said then some1 must have resubbed my account and deleted it. Cause I played til it ended. They said nothing. And couldn't make a new character either, cause my old was there somewhere. I said that was a proof that it HAD to be there. I went apeshit on them and said if they don't fix back my character I was done with the game. 2 days later again they came back and said they now found my character but it would take some time to bring him back. A week later, after I resubbed, I got him back. I asked for 1 week compensation. I got none.

They are the worst freaking company I've ever had to deal with. Period. But keep trying to polish that turd and think it's a diamond. The rest of us sees AV for what they are. A piece of shit company.

I don't believe the OP remember to cancel his sub, personally.

YMMV

YMMV

OP: "Cancelled my sub three months ago yet they keep charging my account.  I've contacted them over and over and they will not respond.  I finally changed my paypal and credit card info, but they are still trying to charge it....crazy...". 

Yeah. Your prolly right...The rest of us must have missread him and all the others with this issue. They all thought they unsubbed, cause it said they were unsubbed, but somehow they missread it. They then keeps on contacting AV to fix it. To have them respond and at least clear things up. AV don't respond or nothing. Just keeps billing them. Nothing wrong here right? Everything is as it should in AV-land? Yeah, that's how they roll. But for the rest of the world it's a scam. A bad one as well. 

And maybe, just maybe, they are right and your wrong?

YMMV

You really don't think he checked his account AFTER being billed 3 times after he cancelled?  Wow.... image

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

ow sirbalin..

i thought you were smarter then this :P

NEVER put your creditcard details on the internet.. use third party paysystem like paypal for example.