Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 reasons why Xbox One beats PS4

Comments

• MeechaMeecha Member Posts: 30
    I still dont understand why we argue about this. Half the people will buy Xbox one, half will buy PS4 and all of them will think they bought the better system. So lets just let them all have fun on their little systems while we all use our much bigger and better PCs.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by taylormade

So there continue to be these post about how ps4 graphics are better then Xbox one.  According to experts this is not the case, the differences are so minimal 99.9% won't notice.

Anyone who tries to make that claim is, by definition, not an expert.  Unless, of course, they're completely ignoring gaming and only want to talk about watching movies or some such, in which case, you can get something much cheaper than either.

The main hardware differences are that the PS4 has a 50% faster GPU and more than 2 1/2 times the memory bandwidth.  If you don't care about large differences like that, then why not just save some money and get a PS3 or an Xbox 360?

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    One thing is for sure I don't have to worry about people fighting over who is top on my PC as that rocks the shit out of all the consoles. The interesting thing is to see how many people seem to fall for the hype and waste their money buying this years NEW consoles every other year and fills the pockets of these hungry bloodsuckers who are selling glorified media centres. But hey it's your money do what you want with it but lets face it you guys are always going to be fighting for second and third place at best. image 

Asbo

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146

1) Subjective and I disagree, the Xbox UI is hot vomit.

2) Subjective and I disagree, the Playstation exclusive games are superior.

3) Subjective and I disagree, PS controllers > xbox

4) YAY! I get to spend more money on an accessory so shitty that they couldn't get people to willingly purchase it so they just crammed it in the box and raised the price!?

5) HDMI In, big whoop, I don't need this, turns out remote controls came with input buttons YEARS ago...

6) Okay you have one half point here because PS4 doesn't have built in voip (yet). It is only a half a point because Skype SUCKS.

7) The PSN is the better network. Enjoy never sharing games again, and paying MSN 5$ a month extra just to watch Hulu.

8) LOL .... did you just try to turn XBOX having worse performing old ram into a PRO? get lost dude.

9) Okay now you've given the article up as a complete sham piece paid for my miscrosoft, MY PS3 ALREADY DOES ALL OF THOSE THINGS.

-- Sincerely yours,

Guy who doesn't appreciate your list of 9 lies spreading.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Good to know that if religion ever dies out, we'll still have good fodder like this for flamewars. :)

I don't consider either to be better than the other, and to argue strongly one way or the other indicates some fanboyism/fangirlism may be preset. If I were going to get one myself it would like be the XBone, but that's mainly because I like the controller much more.

As for the console I'll likely actually get? That would be the WiiU. ^^

<3

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I don't see myself getting an Xbox One until they have a major Interface overhaul, i really really hate the windows 8 look, and while some people might think It's convenient, i really don't want to use voice commands.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Ironically the wii u, which has been the butt end of jokes for the last year, is easily the all around strongest console out right now and will be throughout most of 2014.  The only real exception is the console FPS diehards.

The game libraries are absolutely atrocious on the new systems, while the Wii U has finally started releasing some fantastic exclusive games. Plus it has heavy hitters like MarioKart, Smash Brothers, and X coming out next year.  

This is especially true if you own a PC and can pick up 3rd party games on the cheap in steam sales.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Quizzical

So there continue to be these post about how ps4 graphics are better then Xbox one.  According to experts this is not the case, the differences are so minimal 99.9% won't notice.

Anyone who tries to make that claim is, by definition, not an expert.  Unless, of course, they're completely ignoring gaming and only want to talk about watching movies or some such, in which case, you can get something much cheaper than either.

The main hardware differences are that the PS4 has a 50% faster GPU and more than 2 1/2 times the memory bandwidth.  If you don't care about large differences like that, then why not just save some money and get a PS3 or an Xbox 360?

The problem with that question is that people buy consoles for the games they offer, not the specs that run them. That's what really drives most console sales, if you're more interested in JRPGs as an example, you'll most likely want a PS4, if you're more into the Halo franchise you'll want an XBone. If you have no interest in playing games with updated game-play and more advances in that form you may be happy with a PS3 or 360.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315

There is only one right way to decide which console to get.

Is the game I want to play available on the PC?  Get the PC version.

Is the game I want to play only on the PS4?  Get a PS4.

Is the game I want to play only on the XBox One?  Get an XBox One.

True gamers play on thier PCs.  But if a gamer really likes console gaming then the best solution is to buy all three (PS4, XB1, WIIU)

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by DMKano

My plan is to skip the first 2 revisions of either one, so wait for a year and get a better hardware revision at that time (cheaper too most likely)

I can easily get another 2 years out of my PS3, no rush.

Logic, I love it.

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I love my ps4. I also like PSN, where the one year membership gets you tons of free games, trials, and the like.
    But the main reason I got my ps4, when I was actually thinking of trying out the xbone, (have a ps3)allready is the fact that Microsoft wanted to screw everyone over with their rigid dictatorship tactics for the xbox . Sure, they changed their tune when customers freaked out, but the basic fact is they were going to screw you in the first place, and if the feedback didn't hurt their chances of raking in your money they would have ignored you.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161

So there continue to be these post about how ps4 graphics are better then Xbox one.  According to experts this is not the case, the differences are so minimal 99.9% won't notice.  Plus those who just worry about graphics well they will be playing their PC not a console.

So here is the list of why Xbox one beats ps4.  Xbox one is clearly the total package. 

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/11/9-reasons-the-xbox-one-is-better-then-the-ps4.html

haha Xbox one is not even close to be better then PS4.. and also Consoles are still to weak to be worth buying... PS4 best always.. more for your money.

and also Xbox requires payment to even play per month.... which is a disgrace.. just look how many fools got scammed by them with 360...

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

well well well, so you found 5 reason why ps4 is better than xbox one / 5 reasons why xbox one is better than ps4?

i know about 10000 reasons why pc is better than both :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I am finished with consoles they are overprised,PC masterrace!

just upgrade your pc and you will always have better picture quality than the consoles.

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121

1.) Better interface and software - Except for gaming software. I'm sure this is a game console?

2.) Exlusive Games - Objective. I prefer Sony's exclusives.

3.) The best controller - Over the PS4 remote? Really? 

4.) Kinect - Need I say more? This is a gimmick, and people realised that the year it came out.

5.) HDMI IN - I don't really understand this one.

6.) Skype - Again, I thought this was a gaming console? If I want to Skype I'll do it on my tablet, phone or PC.

7.) Online Network - End of the day, anyone who thinks PSPlus is worse than Microsoft Live Gold is fooling themselves. PSPlus gets more games, and better games, and lets be honest, they'll both be able to house the same amount of people. I doubt Sony will struggle with 'too many people playing online'

8.) DDR for Apps is better on Xbox One - But Playstations is better for graphics/gameplay, how many times do I have to say this - It's a gaming console! I know Xbox One wants to take over as the central hub of your living room, but it never will. People already have the extra's that come with the Xbox One, should they just toss them away?

9.) Versatility - Xbox definitely wins this one, it can do more stuff better than the PS4, except for games. And I'll just point out again, these are gaming consoles.

I still can't see how people believe XB1 is the better gaming console? I'm just assuming people bought the XB1 because the PS4 was out of stock (which I know personally a lot of people did.)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I think if one console was definitely better than the other, these discussions would be very different. That's a good thing though. It means that anyone who buys one of the consoles is going to experience an improvement in their purchase over time. The consoles must compete not only on what they offer now, but on what they will offer in the future.

Personally, I would give the edge to the PS4, but that probably means the experience of people buying the XB1 is going to improve more over time as the XB1 tries to compete with the PS4.

Meh, I can barely afford an upgrade to my computer, much less my computer and a console.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    americans tend to think everything from the us is better anyhow, regardless if the hole world disagrees...in the end the smart gamer waits for another 6 months till all the initial bugs are worked out and then goes for the console that offers the better exclusives...and here i see a lot of benefits on the ps4 side...
  • Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262

I think they are offer a very similar experience.  The issue was the ps4 fans hatred for the xbox one and their doom and gloom of how it was going to fail.  Well the numbers are in and fail it did not. 

World wide ps4 has sold about 100,000 more, but in the US xbox has sold a significant more than their competition.  

The only ones who failed here are the fanbois on each side.  

http://techland.time.com/2013/12/12/numbers-game-xbox-one-outpaces-playstation-4-in-u-s-ps4-tops-in-overall-sales/

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

The One did not outsell the PS4 in the US...you don't need to lie about stuff like this as both consoles are near each others total sales and it still doesn't matter. You can have a Wii U and not need to lie for Nintendo, go play your games and have fun.

Anyway, I can name 9 reasons why the One doesn't beat the PS4 rather easily.

1. Windows 8 OS

2. Windows 8 OS

3. Windows 8 OS

4. Windows 8 OS

5. Windows 8 OS

6. Windows 8 OS

7. Windows 8 OS

8. Windows 8 oS

9. Focus on being an Entertainment System, not a Video Game system.

There isn't a single person that does not play video games that is going to buy an Xbox One so the question is, what is it bringing that game players don't already have? Anyone with a smart TV or a Blue Ray player is going to have the apps the One has, you still need a Cable box to watch cable through it, PiP has been a standard feature on TVs for over a decade and to top it off, you HAVE to pay for a live account to be able to use the apps...the apps you are already paying to access on your smart TV or Blue ray player!

So they give you something you already have access to and are already paying for...so you can pay even more to access it on another device that you bought to play games on! The PS4 does not make you pay to access the same apps, why would they, you are already paying for it from the app provider!

Oh but the One has voice commands! So does the PS4 and you can do it over the headset WITHOUT the PS4 EYE and not have to worry about someone walking into the room and having your gaming machine see the person and switch over to their profile while you are playing NOR have to worry about them saying "Idiotic idea turn off" and shut the system off while you are playing.

The Xbox One is your typical modern Microsoft product, an over bloated piece of crap that has no focus, tries to do far more than it should and ends up doing nothing great.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

Originally posted by JJ82

The One did not outsell the PS4 in the US...you don't need to lie about stuff like this as both consoles are near each others total sales and it still doesn't matter. You can have a Wii U and not need to lie for Nintendo, go play your games and have fun.

Anyway, I can name 9 reasons why the One doesn't beat the PS4 rather easily.

1. Windows 8 OS

2. Windows 8 OS

3. Windows 8 OS

4. Windows 8 OS

5. Windows 8 OS

6. Windows 8 OS

7. Windows 8 OS

8. Windows 8 oS

9. Focus on being an Entertainment System, not a Video Game system.

There isn't a single person that does not play video games that is going to buy an Xbox One so the question is, what is it bringing that game players don't already have? Anyone with a smart TV or a Blue Ray player is going to have the apps the One has, you still need a Cable box to watch cable through it, PiP has been a standard feature on TVs for over a decade and to top it off, you HAVE to pay for a live account to be able to use the apps...the apps you are already paying to access on your smart TV or Blue ray player!

So they give you something you already have access to and are already paying for...so you can pay even more to access it on another device that you bought to play games on! The PS4 does not make you pay to access the same apps, why would they, you are already paying for it from the app provider!

Oh but the One has voice commands! So does the PS4 and you can do it over the headset WITHOUT the PS4 EYE and not have to worry about someone walking into the room and having your gaming machine see the person and switch over to their profile while you are playing NOR have to worry about them saying "Idiotic idea turn off" and shut the system off while you are playing.

The Xbox One is your typical modern Microsoft product, an over bloated piece of crap that has no focus, tries to do far more than it should and ends up doing nothing great.

Lie? Yeah try reading the link.  

Well it's clear what you are and it's so sad the xbox one didn't fail like you so truly hoped for.  Guess it's time for you to move on I understand facts got you all worked up this morning.  

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

a link from 2 days ago,  PS4 is outselling X1 world wide

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/21/ps4-vs-xbox-one-3-key-takeaways-from-1-month-of-sa.aspx#.UrhOeLTuT-Y

disclaimer:  author uses Vgchartz.com for source data

I personally don't like Vgchartz,  it's guesstimation more than anything else

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    The NSA is monitoring Xbox communications, and with a microphone and camera in your living room ....

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

So there continue to be these post about how ps4 graphics are better then Xbox one.  According to experts this is not the case, the differences are so minimal 99.9% won't notice.  Plus those who just worry about graphics well they will be playing their PC not a console.

So here is the list of why Xbox one beats ps4.  Xbox one is clearly the total package. 

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/11/9-reasons-the-xbox-one-is-better-then-the-ps4.html

There is no law against owning both consoles. Be smart, own both, enjoy both, dont be a fanboy of consoles.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by alakram

Be smart, own both, enjoy both, dont be a fanboy of consoles.

I'd add the Wii-U to that too

Originally posted by olepi
    The NSA is monitoring Xbox communications, and with a microphone and camera in your living room ....

Well you better stop doing the following:

Stop searching the internet

Stop playing online video games

Stop using your cell phone

Stop using your home phone

Stay out of public areas.

its been know that the NSA also watched those areas also you better go inform those people also.  

Just a joke about how some use such ignorance when they are trying to bash something.