Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] Camelot Unchained: The Becoming: The Trials of Nuada

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com has teamed up with City-State Entertainment to bring our readers a brand new developer blog that gives insight into the design process behind one of Camelot Unchained's iconic heroes, Nuadha Airgetlám. Read on to find out more and let us know what you think in the comments.

When we began the design process for Camelot Unchained™, we planned on putting out a lot of potential races for our backers to look at and comment upon during the early development of the game. Part of this process involves the Becoming™ tales that have served as the origin stories for some of them. As this “race cycle” comes to an end, the final story evolved from being a relatively simple tale to a seven-part cliffhanger-style one. 

Read more Camelot Unchained: The Becoming: The Trials of Nuada.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Boy, this is just a teaser.  I want to hear more and I want it now :)

Nanulak

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I'm a huge fan of Celtic mythology and the Mabinogion, so seeing other games use that kind of lore makes me pretty happy.

Smile

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Must read more!
  • TelynTelyn Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Excellent! I can't wait for the next installments!
  • TheGreatOrtuTheGreatOrtu Member Posts: 1

I usually just kind of skim through game fiction stories, they can be pretty corny most of the time, but this one just quickly grips you and sweeps you along.

Was easy to get caught up in the character and leaves me wanting to follow him in his journey.

Good job, looking forward to part 2!

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Camelot Unchained: The Titletron: The Titlest Title: Titlegeddon

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

As an unabashed follower of this game, I approve this column! The look and lore is proving to be both very interesting and very mature. This is an extremely nice change from all the cartoony mmos on the horizon.

I look forward to the new vids and promos created for the next pledge tiers. Still early stuff but I enjoy the look into early development and City State has easily been the most transparent of any developer I have followed. I really hope the concept of the Depths pans out. Darkness Falls was one of the most unique and fun additions to any mmo in DAoC. The Depths is like DF on roids.

You stay sassy!

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187

A truly wonderful story.  I love it!

So many questions now...  Silver Hand race?  Location of the Depths?  Effects of long exposure to the Depths?  Can I order the full book on Amazon yet???  More please.

• SirikinSirikin Member Posts: 3
    Another great addition to the CU Lore. I am really looking forward to part 2!
  • AilinesAilines Member Posts: 1
    Need the part 2 asap !!
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

Keep up the good work City State, proud to be a backer.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    I love these "Becoming" stories, and this one is ace. And THE DEPTHS! Can't wait for part 2. Ugh, this game has so much promise that it hurts to wait.
  • MacDeath2013MacDeath2013 Member Posts: 3
    Another great addition to the CU lore! This is a very good Becoming story and this is only the first part of seven! I can't wait to read part 2.