Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need recomendation for best free mmo with friend

alx12345alx12345 Member Posts: 39

Hello, me and a friend wanted to play a free mmo toguether, whe never played toguether on a mmo. But i am looking for the best free mmo to play with someone, i checked and i though neverwinter or maybe rune of magic would be the best, but thats all i know. What do you guys reccomend me?

Thanks

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Depends on what type of game you both are into. I'd need to know that before I could recommend what I'd view as the best fit.

Off the top of my head, the best for co-op I'd say are DCUO, SWTOR or AOC.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Personally TERA and SWTOR are the only f2p game I would consider playing.
  • alx12345alx12345 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Distopia

Depends on what type of game you both are into. I'd need to know that before I could recommend what I'd view as the best fit.

I was looking for something with good amout of content

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by alx12345
    Originally posted by Distopia

I was looking for something with good ammon of content

Vanguard.  The FTP is kind of gimped but playing with someone makes the game one of the better FTP play games out there.

If you think you will ever pay I would go with Vanguard. 

If you plan to play long term and never pay, I think Rift may be the best bet.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

I would better shut the fuck up then to suggest any one any mmo at the moment ( not being rude to any one talking about me ..I don't want one more ban...)

But great news I will return 6 months later with some great suggestions seeya pal )

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Rift for sure!
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

swtor

rift

even tho swtor f2p suck. there is alot of content, and the levling is not that bad for a f2p its more at max lvl it sucks

Originally posted by heider89

swtor

rift

even tho swtor f2p suck. there is alot of content, and the levling is not that bad for a f2p its more at max lvl it sucks

I don't see how anyone could recommend SWTOR as an MMO to duo in.  It takes about 1-1.5 months to cap solo when playing very casually and the end game is not going to work for a FTP.  Moreover, the game is probably going to be far more fun solo for most people.

Rift has the best FTP model. 

Vanguard is the best duo game I have played.  It is very fun to find classes that have synergy and the game has a very nice level of difficulty if you are in a group with two people.  Some classes can be very hard to play solo, duo is where the game is can really shine. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Alright, so its seems to be vanguard or rift, but the fighting seems much more fun in neverwinter, but i guess it lack content right? Another detail is that i dont think it will be long term, only a few month i guess.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by MMOman101
    Originally posted by heider89

swtor

rift

I don't see how anyone could recommend SWTOR as an MMO to duo in.  It takes about 1-1.5 months to cap solo when playing very casually and the end game is not going to work for a FTP.  Moreover, the game is probably going to be far more fun solo for most people.

Rift has the best FTP model. 

Vanguard is the best duo game I have played.  It is very fun to find classes that have synergy and the game has a very nice level of difficulty if you are in a group with two people.  Some classes can be very hard to play solo, duo is where the game is can really shine. 

SWTOR i was able to hit max level in 3 weeks, jsut queueing up...

But Vanguard woulda been my suggestion as well.

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    I would download them all and try them up a few levels and see which you like best. Vanguard is a bit dated imo, it was a decent game though. Neverwinter was fun for me and I think if you go in as a duo you would have more fun. They are all free, try them out. SWTOR is decent as well. They all have some positive experiences.

ill give a try to rift and neverwinter...

Two more question, does rift have an open world pvp like wow? And how is the endgame?

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    None of the mainstream MMOs are very good. If you are looking for something completely different try Vindictus. It has really good combat and a very competitive end game.
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

Hello, me and a friend wanted to play a free mmo toguether, whe never played toguether on a mmo. But i am looking for the best free mmo to play with someone, i checked and i though neverwinter or maybe rune of magic would be the best, but thats all i know. What do you guys reccomend me?

Thanks

Rift for sure, there are some pretty good F2P game out there and as they are free take a look and see what you like best.

But imo I think Rift is by far the best F2p atm, but we all have our own opinion.

P.S. If you're in the EU and Going to play on Zaviel let me know I'll sort you out with a mount to get you started, Which can be used as soon as you find a mailbox.

Two more question, does rift have an open world pvp like wow? And how is the endgame?

If you are planning on endgame, you might as well just take the FTP out of it.  I don't think there is a game around that has a fun endgame FTP model. 

--John Ruskin

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

It's a pretty wide and loose  set of parameters indeed... an interest or combat mode or a stricter definition of the willingness of payment would be helpful.

F2p game, first time playing as a duo, "fighting seems much more fun in neverwinter", "dont think it will be long term, only a few month i guess."

- based on that much I think Neverwinter is a safe bet. Quick and easy, any ranged+melee combo is fun to play, both can be dps but if one of you is a DC then it's even better. It has just enough content for a few months. ( :) ) But you can always turn to the Foundry if you're bored.

Rift has a much more free f2p model, and also a much more free character building, it can be great fun to play as a dedicated duo and honing your souls to boost and help each other. But maybe that could be the very reason it's not the best choice for a first play... Content-wise, it has more content than you can chew on a few months.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Rift open world pvp doesnt excist the pvp servers are empty, PvP in general is terrible in Rift the focus of this game is PvE.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

SW:TOR is actually a really good game to play through with friends, but as the F2P option is crap I wouldn't recommend playing it for that.

So yes, Rift would be a good choice. The US version of Aion also has a very reasonable F2P model.

If you can shell out the one time purchase price you could also consider Guild Wars 2, as you'll be on the same level as anyone else playing that game then.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    i think age of conan tera DDO  are great 
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    If your new I would say Star Wars or Rift. SWTOR is the best levelling experience imo. 
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Runescape 3 has about 20,000 hours of free to play content (it's been named by the Guinness book of world records as the most prolifically updated MMORPG, and the Most Popular free to play MMORPG). And, I'll help you get started right IGN: "Hal-Cal" if you want to give it a try.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Lord of the Rings Online...Landroval server.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    If you want a solid free single player MMO I could give you an endless list but multiplayer? Nothing comes to mind.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Ice-Queen
    Lord of the Rings Online...Landroval server.

This would be my choice as well.  Rift has a less-intrusive FTP setup, but the game is just too dull to stick with for any amount of time.  

LOTRO for the best overall FTP game, IMO.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Rift and Neverwinter are the only games I would recommend to play completely for free.  Other good games out there that have F2P options (SoE games, LOTRO, SWTOR) will gimp you a lot if you don't spend any money.