Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvP MMO on the market?

13»

Comments

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
    And here I am again, after playing pretty much every game with PvP up to date.  Its either the content of PvP or the player base. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

1. EVE Online (no contest here. Best PvP MMO and best overal MMO)

2.  Age of Wulin (also known as Age of Wushu. Fresh ideas, fully PvP centric game, like EVE)

3. WoW (only BGs and arenas, but WoW is best in it)

I havent played Lineage 2, but I know many people play it solely for PvP. As for Age of Conan and Guild Wars 2 - those are PvE games with minor PvP focus

Looks like my list.

1. Wushu - The answer to so many pvp wants and needs

2. EVE - laid a working ground work for pvp sandboxes

3. WoW - High level Arena is special

4. Planetside 2 - In my opinion PS2 will be as important to the shooter genre as Golden Eye was.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

EVE online is the best PvP MMO on the market and has been for the last 10 years. It's really bizarre that no other company has tried to emulate what EVE is doing because obviously they've been doing really well over the last decade. They started out as a company of 20 guys and now they're a massive company of 600 employees. It's the only western MMO that has been growing for so long... Instead everyone tries to do what WoW did and they keep failing.

The gameplay of EVE is really bad, though. But the PvP systems in place and the metagame are superb

• AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208
    For me it was Guild Wars 1 in arenas and Lineage II in open world PvP. I've played EvE as well, it has great potential to be best PvP MMO out there, but! A lot of players will attack you 1v1 yet they will have booster character somewhere so you have almost no chance of killing them. Usualy in EvE its just about having more numbers or bigger / better ships. EvE can have some challenging PvP if you meet the same group with similar ships which dont happen so often, people have scouts, know what you fly and pick something what can kill you easy.

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99

I played EvE for a year or so , if you like spread sheets and being bored to death this is the game for you. Otherwise I cant really recommend any for PvP atm as they are all shit.

If they started a new DAOC server I would go back in an instance though.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

PvP right here!

Monthly Tournament 12/21 9pm est, to decide who has the BEST martial arts! Enjoy!

http://twitch.tv/isovereign

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

what games i have pvp inn

wow

swtor

rift

gw2

what am playing atm 

1: swtor my fav atm. 

2: wow

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Originally posted by Hiddenxdragon
    Dont you fucking troll me! I'll eat your babies!

This sound  so nasty  if you know what I mean )))

Any way  only so so game Is gw2  would be fine for 3 4 months  until ESO release )

Also you can give a try to Defiance they also have a huge price cut right now 5$ until 2 january good enoth until BIG TITLE game releases

Or play some single player best option at the moment

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I apologize for this horrible case of thread necro, but there is an important issue to clarify on this thread because when one types in the words "best MMORPG for pvp", this thread comes top of the search list!

Eve Online is not the best MMORPG for casual PvP. This is because for every 1 minute you spend PvP'ing, you are likely to spend at least 60 minutes collecting resources to fund your PvP. In addition, it takes time to network in order to 'cultivate' a PvP 'team' and therefore be one of the more successful players in PvP.

In most other PvP games, there is no huge 'down time' like this. 

Eve Online is an OK game for other reasons, such as community, but saying it's the best for PvP comes with quite a few caveats.

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Since I last posted Darkfall: Unholy Wars seemed to me as the best MMORPG for PvP. Any new leads?
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Hiddenxdragon
    Since I last posted Darkfall: Unholy Wars seemed to me as the best MMORPG for PvP. Any new leads?

It's still the best.  It has been improved quite a bit since you posted last year.  Archeage may have some of the same qualities but the combat is lower skill tab target and there is almost no risk to the pvp.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

My personal choices..

For that mmofps itch I always boot up Planetside 2.

As for a mmorpg I would have to say Darkfall 2, if your a space junkie and love micromanagement in your games, then Eve.

And for a moba I would stick to League of Legends.

For that Sand park experience with lots of micromanagement and PvP, so far ArcheAge.

For a Theme park experience, I would go with Guildwars 2.

Old time honorable mentions to Shadowbane and Dark Age of Camelot.

• EternalSage2000EternalSage2000 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    You sound like an aging gamer such as myself.  I feel like you are looking for a MMO with Good PvP, like you used to have back in your glory gaming days.  If this is the case than I am sorry friend, what you are looking for isn't a good game,  it's that youthful feeling of enjoyment you got from playing.  You can't relive that nostalgia,  you've grown and changed.  I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you.  I hope you find some game to dull the pain.
  • iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98

I' say that today's MMOs don't bring anything innovative or enjoyable to the table.

So for PvP I'm sticking with MOBAs - and obviously LoL is the market's best offer. Strife and Dawngate are also worth a look, the latter being a bit difficult even for a vet MOBA player - bots will completely dominate you.  A more strategic choice would be AirMech - a very overlooked Steam indie title.

All you EVE fans should check out Perpetuum - pretty nice B2P title with an optional sub.

For my PvE I've started playing quite a bunch of quality turn-based solo RPGs, and my favorite would be the Shadowrun series. It's just all I want to saturate my aching 80s nostalgia. Shadowrun Online will definitely be a good take on the series with some skill-intense PvP, but it ii's still in VERY early development.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Eve online.

This.

<3

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I apologize for this horrible case of thread necro, but there is an important issue to clarify on this thread because when one types in the words "best MMORPG for pvp", this thread comes top of the search list!

Eve Online is not the best MMORPG for casual PvP. This is because for every 1 minute you spend PvP'ing, you are likely to spend at least 60 minutes collecting resources to fund your PvP. In addition, it takes time to network in order to 'cultivate' a PvP 'team' and therefore be one of the more successful players in PvP.

In most other PvP games, there is no huge 'down time' like this. 

Eve Online is an OK game for other reasons, such as community, but saying it's the best for PvP comes with quite a few caveats.

I do want to ask you where you found the necronomicon though. :P

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• KoujoKoujo Member Posts: 18

EVE is not really a good PVP game. Losing in PVP in EVE is expensive so therefore players avoid losing at all costs. The mechanics of the game also make it very difficult to engage someone who does not wish to be engaged. So what you wind up with is most players avoiding all fights that are not a sure win.

The only way to get a "fair" fight is to trick someone into thinking there is no way for them to lose usually by fitting your ship in some unconventional way making them think they are the scissors and you are the paper when actually you are a rock. Sounds fun and all but actually it gets boring fast and they usually remember your name and do not fall for it again.

I've heard it said "Talking about playing EVE is more fun than actually playing EVE."