Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] World of Warcraft: Adventure Time

2»

Comments

• sleeping1252sleeping1252 Member Posts: 16

If you ever want to teach somebody how to play an MMO, play WoW as a tutorial.

Then you can move on to playing a game like Vanguard. 

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by furbans
    Originally posted by 4bsolute
    Originally posted by syltmacka
    i just want the new models..

Will not last long. Again another wasted month. It will not make the game any different. The entire system stays the same.

Potatoe turns into chips. We add different flavors to the chips. But the potatoe is a potatoe and underneath chips are chips.

Potatoe = World of Warcraft itself, Chips and flavor = story, character, "development".

And why would they change what is already succeeding which to date they are still the most successful MMO that is the envy of all MMO companies?

People went to GW2 wanting something different and were left wanting the old system, and I don't see this changing even with ESO and WS.  Sure more subs will be leeched away but WoW will likely still be dominating the market.

Well to be total honest when ESO is come i know many that play and if only half stay around in ESO WoW will have problem and tell me that WoW is dominating the market is the biggest joke atm for more and more people is stop to play WoW and are wait for WoD but the problem is that WoD  wont come until end of next year like all the other expansion have and beside WoW is no more a mmorpg anymore it have lost some much of corner stone that make a mmorpg and if people like me want to play mmorpg i have to say ESO is just that typ of game for WoW change so much after TBC expansion so i can hardly call it mmorpg anymore.

Serious who in the right mind well call a game mmorpg when you have vendor sell epic gear for currency in the game, epic so only be drop in raid and high lvl dungeon with low % just like it did in classic WoW and TBC and who in the right make a isle where all mobs drop epic gear like it was candy just for people are to lazy to go raid with alts no WoW have become World of Free Epic this just one of many thing that i think blizzard have done wrong.

But blizzard win back player basic for the game are so easy and gave away free epic and people dont like other mmorpg just for simple fact that the need to work to get there epic in other mmorpg shit blizzard can stop make raid content all together and have vendor stand in Org and SW and sell everything for gold instead that way we dont need to raid and there can sell all Achievements in there in game shop the have open for real money then we dont need to jackshit at all in WoW

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Adventure guide? Hoooooly moly. Who are they trying to reach for with this thing? They're one update away from the auto-play you see on shoddy browser games.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Yeah I'm waiting for the next step which has the big button next to the quest description "Finish", which consumes an item you can buy from the cash shop.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
     I can't wait for WoD. 

Well then I hope you are either a Highlander or a Wolverine, as it´s going to be a very looooong wait.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by jbombard
    The amount of hatred and cynicism for WoW never ceases to amaze, confuse, and entertain. I can't wait for WoD. 

Often people confuse disagreement with hate.  Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they hate something.  I personally would love to have a reason to come back to WoW and have fun again, unfortunately WoD just doesn't sound very exciting at this point.  Maybe they will announce something yet, it is still early.  But after 2 expacks about the Horde an expack focusing on the history of the horde doesn't sound very appealing from a story perspective.  The only truly new feature is an extremely limited Garrison feature that sounds like it is just another grind/time sink, only it doesn't appear to be optional.  End game once again seems to be focused on queing for instances, *yawn*.   The game needs some fresh new ideas.

Agree, I dont hate WoW, but i really don't like the direction the game has been heading in over the past 2 expansions.

They have absolty killed the leveling expreince. For me and many others this is an very important aspect in an MMO. it's the time you explore the world, meet new players, take time to understand your class/mechanics and develop your skills, so when you hit max level your ready for the challenges ahead. This does't exist in WoW anymore, everything is about rushing to max level skiping most of the content on the way :(. even at max level the game doesn't really improve IMHO, dungeons/HC are soloable, timeless isle rains free epics, i know it's meant to be catch up, but just feel cheap and i feel they could have made a much better system. The only aspect that seems to have any sort of challenge is raiding, but only a small percentage of players even touch that. You have to deal with a month of boring zerg/grinding/Rng before you can even attempt some challenges.

I want to play Wow agian and i will buy WoD because i always give games a chance, but from what i've seen so far it doesn't look very promising, just seems there lowering the skill level of the game further and wasting time on features that are not necessary.  

Just my opinion/observation 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Looks pretty cool, Hopefully the adventure guides can get updated in real time eventually and missions can get posted to the war boards in real time boosting wpvp. Get people moving about and creating firestorms all throughout the land. They can be player made missions as well.

That would be a remarkable addition to WoW.

Or like, hey, players, today only we spawned a bunch of elite mobs in _zone, if you kill enough of them, it'll summon an open world boss to tackle for an achievement and a chance for some ultra rare loot!

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Alalala
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

agreed. i really don't get all the hoopla over the changes and additions.

i don't play WoW and while i recently tried MoP i found the game even less for me than it was when i was playing it regularly.

however, why begrudge someone something they enjoy in a game. yes, that's right, entertainment, not life.

enjoy what you've got while it lasts and then move on.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I guess this will help people find out about new content, every 6 months of so.
  • leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135

Nothing wrong with some eye candy, I think... The game doesn't really need any big change as it's still, you know, the biggest mmo on earth.

The new models make lots of people happy, I say that's a good move.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by sleeping1252

If you ever want to teach somebody how to play an MMO, play WoW as a tutorial.

Then you can move on to playing a game like Vanguard. 

And hows that game working out?

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Blizzard seems to be turning into Bynga (my lame joke referring to Zynga *cough-cough*).

Smile

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    This takes hand holding to a new level.

Not really.  This is just more convinient and efficient way.  Long has there been guides which your "hand holding" has always been there ever since Vanilla or going to sites like wowhead or browsing through Atlas Loot to see where you need to go next for gear or asking your guild where to go/what to do. 

Now Blizz is investing in resources to incorperate it into game or there battle net or however it is implemented.  All this is really nothing new.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Jafotron
    The amount of hatred and cynicism for WoW never ceases to amaze, confuse, and entertain. I can't wait for WoD. 

Often people confuse disagreement with hate.  Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they hate something.  I personally would love to have a reason to come back to WoW and have fun again, unfortunately WoD just doesn't sound very exciting at this point.  Maybe they will announce something yet, it is still early.  But after 2 expacks about the Horde an expack focusing on the history of the horde doesn't sound very appealing from a story perspective.  The only truly new feature is an extremely limited Garrison feature that sounds like it is just another grind/time sink, only it doesn't appear to be optional.  End game once again seems to be focused on queing for instances, *yawn*.   The game needs some fresh new ideas.

Agree, I dont hate WoW, but i really don't like the direction the game has been heading in over the past 2 expansions.

They have absolty killed the leveling expreince. For me and many others this is an very important aspect in an MMO. it's the time you explore the world, meet new players, take time to understand your class/mechanics and develop your skills, so when you hit max level your ready for the challenges ahead. This does't exist in WoW anymore, everything is about rushing to max level skiping most of the content on the way :(. even at max level the game doesn't really improve IMHO, dungeons/HC are soloable, timeless isle rains free epics, i know it's meant to be catch up, but just feel cheap and i feel they could have made a much better system. The only aspect that seems to have any sort of challenge is raiding, but only a small percentage of players even touch that. You have to deal with a month of boring zerg/grinding/Rng before you can even attempt some challenges.

I want to play Wow agian and i will buy WoD because i always give games a chance, but from what i've seen so far it doesn't look very promising, just seems there lowering the skill level of the game further and wasting time on features that are not necessary.  

Just my opinion/observation 

Well your qualm about the leveling is what happens to every game that has aged.  WoW has has numerous expansions with a level cap almost double what it was originally, so it is only natural for players want to level in the most efficient manner possible and hurry to lvl cap.

What your asking for is a reboot, which I think it's time WoW had one like how ANet did with GW.  Not gonna happen but wishful thinking.  Would love to see a fresh, new, updated WoW with additional features/mechanics.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

WoW needs something like a Diablo-style dungeon generator for instances.

There needs to be more re-playability and a feeling of adventure and unpredictability.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    The only thing I can barely wait is new expansion. But would gladly return and play my secondary Horde alts (besides 11 maxed out of Alliance) if at least new models would be released before expansion.
  • MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by furbans
    Originally posted by 4bsolute
    Originally posted by syltmacka
    i just want the new models..

Will not last long. Again another wasted month. It will not make the game any different. The entire system stays the same.

Potatoe turns into chips. We add different flavors to the chips. But the potatoe is a potatoe and underneath chips are chips.

Potatoe = World of Warcraft itself, Chips and flavor = story, character, "development".

And why would they change what is already succeeding which to date they are still the most successful MMO that is the envy of all MMO companies?

People went to GW2 wanting something different and were left wanting the old system, and I don't see this changing even with ESO and WS.  Sure more subs will be leeched away but WoW will likely still be dominating the market.

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I find myself just unable to continue playing the same game I've been playing for something like 10 years now. Even Blizzard themselves says "Change is needed". As much as I think they should keep it true to the game, I just can't bring myself to buy the new expansion because I just can't continue playing the same thing for going on 10 years now, there just comes a point.

• jackbarxiaojackbarxiao Member Posts: 3
     I didn't win...this time.  

Fifa 14 Xbox Coins

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

What? You did not know that warcraft is about Orc; only the Orc and nothing but the Orc? go look at official forums and you will find plenty of posts telling how Warcraft = Orc since the 1st warcraft : orcs & humans RTS game; human, elf, dwarf, gnome, troll, goblin; they are all just fluff.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Nothing wrong about dipping further into Orc and draenor lore in a game that has history in this area. Too many people 'demand' constant change rather than simple refinement and extension.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D