Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Endless Free Trial Announced

2»

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Well, this game runs like crap on my machine, and my computer can handle games like TERA and Skyrim all on maxed out settings, yet it has trouble with Defiance for some reason...

Smile

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It doesn't have to be that way. Look how small TSW is, but it has a ton of personality. Almost every other game, but this one, has a personality. It has a lot of potential. Trion just needs to do something with that.

In TSW´s defense. TSW´s gameworld is at least 5 times the size of Defiance. And soon With the release of Tokio in coming two issues, it will be even larger.

TSW has also a ton more content than Defiance.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

Firefall has the personality of an empty piece of land with a COMING SOON sign and a picture of a shopping mall. Don't even go there.

Hehe, that is very true.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

At 0$ the game has finally reached the actual value it had from the start.

But even if you don't have to invest any more money, it's still not worth to invest any TIME into it.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Avarita
    Well limit 500 is pretty damn low, if at least 1000 to make them hook up.. 500 is way to low.

500 will get you through the first couple of zones, which seems more than fair.  It's definitely enough time to figure out if you want to buy it or not.

You make me like charity

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    500 seems like it would be about 3-4 hrs of play for someone new. That's pretty fare considering the game is $5 on sale. It's not like you're making a major purchase and need to really make sure it's wroth every penny.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Funcom does amazing things with the size of the zones 

I bet someone at funcom puts this on a coffee mug this year :P

• LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101

500 is enough to beat the main campaign. I beat that thing around 410... and that was when the game was still new. I'm 610 now, and I saw nothing different, really. Could benefit players, but this game has pretty much become F2P, with more power being unlocked through buying...

Not all is at a loss though I suppose;  it's pretty cheap on Steam right now, so.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

As someone who hasn't played it, this is an opportunity to check it out without being rushed that the trial is going to expire.  That deserves a nod in my book.  Hoping gameplay is interesting.  Been ages since I've played a shooter.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I found the game to be fun as something different on the side. The shooting mechanics and weapon mod system are fairly well done, the main story so far is okay, and the vehicles are fun to race around in.

Sadly the chat system is still broken (seriously, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Trion? It's chat. You have a game with a good chat system. USE IT!), The gameplay does get very repetitive, the AI often uses cheese tactics  such as shooting through cover, having perfect aim from a couple hundred yards away (especially those stupid grenadiers, who can also shoot much further than player grenade launchers), grenadiers able to lead targets perfectly, enemies which spawn out of thin air, etc.

Plus they screwed up grenades with the latest patch, and made the gear compare feature even less usable.

Then there is what I believe to be the crux of the problem: The DLC. So far it's been released at an agonizingly slow pace, and at a price which is FAR too high. One extra race, a few new weapons, and the equivalent of an arkfall 'on demand' (while a cool concept) are not worth $20, period.

I recommend the game for $5 - $10, but unless it goes on sale, avoid the DLC and the season pass.

I guarantee this game would see more people if they either lowered the DLC price to a realistic level, or started putting out DLC more frequently, with enough content to justify the asking price. As it is I'm just sort of hoping the season pass goes on sale for $20 during the Steam winter sale.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Bushi131Bushi131 Member Posts: 62

I bought this game when it came out,  I played it about 10 hours over a long period of time.

Endless Free trial is more Pointless free trial .....

I already doubt Trion for being able to do a good job, and they said that they would publish ArcheAge .... well, Trion will definitly have to make up for their incapacitating capabilities to render fun from games (see other games of their games catalogue)

Defiance defy gameplay to new meaning and pointless to new heights, high in the sky where they both disapear in a sci-fi genre ..... got to love it , not.

Defiance is a confine and claustrophobic game in a seemingly open world with a lot of collision into those defiant invisible walls... sci-fi futuristic invisible walls, oh Yay !!