Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: The Curtain Falls

124»

Comments

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by quixadhal
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by wilq
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Ea has quite a pile of corpses in the mmo genre. 

Yes they do. But I suspect NCsoft has even more.  I was sad to see Warhammer go, but it was all too predictable.  I hope the tech staff all manage to find new jobs.

Lets count NC Soft: AutoAssault, Dungeon runners, Dragonica, Tabula Rasa

EA: E&B, WAR

But EA dont kill games it kills developers here the list is quite long, to mention only the better: Orgin, Bullfrog, Maxis, Westwood, Mythic, Dice, Pandemic. On life support  Bioware.

Your post was perfect, up until DICE being dead and Bioware on life support...

Actually, you forgot NC Soft's killing of City of Heroes, arguably part of the reason superhero stuff is so popular nowadays.

And yes, I do agree that Bioware is on life support.  Clearly, from the last few games they've released, their quality control and attention to detail have suffered at the hands of their new EA overlords.  I think Dragon Age Origins was the last title that Bioware did without much interference.

Mass Effect 2&3 were both under their watch. Mass Effect 3 was the best in the series up until the ending. If you think EA had anything to do with the actual story ending of the game, your EA hate is blinding you :P

And Again, DICE has never made a terrible game yet, and has been under EA since 2004. BF4 was buggy as shit at launch, but every previous BF game was awsome, as is BF4 since the patches went in.

EA killed many studios, but lets not exaderate just to be cool ;)

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Black Orc was by far the 'tankiest' tank class I've ever played, both in PvP and PvE. Only tank class which actually took concentrated firepower by several DPS to bring down, and even then it kept them busy for five minutes. And if you were melee, forget about going anywhere until the BO was dead. Between stuns, roots, and snares, it'd keep you right where you were until help arrived.

Plus it was the only MMO I've played which did shields right by allowing block chance to apply to spell projectiles (like fireballs). Why has no other MMO ever done this? It makes perfect sense and should be the rule, not the exception.

If it takes five minutes for several DPS to bring a tank down, then the tank is broken.  Which was pretty much the core issue with the game; broken classes.  You had a few that worked *very* well, and the rest just kind of not really.

No its not broken, its how its supposed to be

Its called using strategy to overcome your foes and get points in whatever pvp scenario you are playing.

You are not supposed to one shot everything like in every other mmo pvp in existence. This is what made WAR pvp the best. A tank should be a tank, a healer should be a healer, a dps should be a dps and support should be support. And this is how WAR functioned.

The tank in WAR could take incredible amount of abuse if he used his skills right but couldnt dish out much damage at all. And if he had a pocket healer then the whole other team could hit on him with everything they got and he will be there standing and laughing at your stupid attempt and failing to use your brain.

All classes had their place in the game and teams that worked good together and knew the weaknesses and strength of classes the best, won A singel person could turn the tide in a scenario, I know I have done it lots of time because the other team didnt comprehend strategy at all.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by spawn12345
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Black Orc was by far the 'tankiest' tank class I've ever played, both in PvP and PvE. Only tank class which actually took concentrated firepower by several DPS to bring down, and even then it kept them busy for five minutes. And if you were melee, forget about going anywhere until the BO was dead. Between stuns, roots, and snares, it'd keep you right where you were until help arrived.

Plus it was the only MMO I've played which did shields right by allowing block chance to apply to spell projectiles (like fireballs). Why has no other MMO ever done this? It makes perfect sense and should be the rule, not the exception.

If it takes five minutes for several DPS to bring a tank down, then the tank is broken.  Which was pretty much the core issue with the game; broken classes.  You had a few that worked *very* well, and the rest just kind of not really.

No its not broken, its how its supposed to be

Its called using strategy to overcome your foes and get points in whatever pvp scenario you are playing.

You are not supposed to one shot everything like in every other mmo pvp in existence. This is what made WAR pvp the best. A tank should be a tank, a healer should be a healer, a dps should be a dps and support should be support. And this is how WAR functioned.

The tank in WAR could take incredible amount of abuse if he used his skills right but couldnt dish out much damage at all. And if he had a pocket healer then the whole other team could hit on him with everything they got and he will be there standing and laughing at your stupid attempt and failing to use your brain.

All classes had their place in the game and teams that worked good together and knew the weaknesses and strength of classes the best, won A singel person could turn the tide in a scenario, I know I have done it lots of time because the other team didnt comprehend strategy at all.

Bright Wizzards were 2 shotting people (3 shotting tanks) for years before they did something about it. Bright Wizzards with pocket healers were invincible.Thats just 1 example of how imbalanced the game was. WAR PVP was not "the best". The rose colored glasses keep getting thicker and thicker.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Originally posted by Diavor
    Why don't we make a Anti-EA demonstration every year? Burning new copys of BF4 and so on...? ^^

Blasphemy. BF4 is epic! Feel free to burn Mass Effect 3 or any of those console ports though.

Mass effect 3 was the best in the series, up until the ending.

It was the controls that killed it for me. Same with Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3. 

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

Shame on you EA, Shame on you Games Workshop!

Your refusal to truly listen to your customers led to the death of this game. It could have been a LOT more successful. 

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by quixadhal Originally posted by doodphace Originally posted by wilq Originally posted by Wraithone Originally posted by DamonVile Ea has quite a pile of corpses in the mmo genre. 
    Yes they do. But I suspect NCsoft has even more.  I was sad to see Warhammer go, but it was all too predictable.  I hope the tech staff all manage to find new jobs.
    Lets count NC Soft: AutoAssault, Dungeon runners, Dragonica, Tabula Rasa EA: E&B, WAR But EA dont kill games it kills developers here the list is quite long, to mention only the better: Orgin, Bullfrog, Maxis, Westwood, Mythic, Dice, Pandemic. On life support  Bioware.  
    Your post was perfect, up until DICE being dead and Bioware on life support...  
    Actually, you forgot NC Soft's killing of City of Heroes, arguably part of the reason superhero stuff is so popular nowadays. And yes, I do agree that Bioware is on life support.  Clearly, from the last few games they've released, their quality control and attention to detail have suffered at the hands of their new EA overlords.  I think Dragon Age Origins was the last title that Bioware did without much interference.  
    Mass Effect 2&3 were both under their watch. Mass Effect 3 was the best in the series up until the ending. If you think EA had anything to do with the actual story ending of the game, your EA hate is blinding you :P

And Again, DICE has never made a terrible game yet, and has been under EA since 2004. BF4 was buggy as shit at launch, but every previous BF game was awsome, as is BF4 since the patches went in.

EA killed many studios, but lets not exaderate just to be cool ;)

I was a big fan of Battlefield games up until BF4, their way of trying to follow CoD gameplay with BF3 and now BF4 turned me off. BF4 is an absolute mess in many ways, BF3 wasn't as buggy nor unstable as BF4 has ever been but with Back to Karkand DLC BF3 just turned into a Call of Duty clone with the stupid gameplay (get 50 kills with a rocket launcher for a weapon unlock which made maps like Metro unbearable, should have been something like 25 vehicle kills- just one example). Bad Company 1 & 2 weren't really traditional Battlefield games, yet they were among the most fun, besides BF1942's Desert Combat mod.

So yes, DICE is well on its way down, I'm not going to even bother with their Battlefront game, and I heard rumors that DCG are going to do BF5 anyways.

Actually, you forgot NC Soft's killing of City of Heroes, arguably part of the reason superhero stuff is so popular nowadays. 
    I miss CoH, but NCSoft terminated it because it wasn't profitable enough and that Guild Wars 2 was due out at the time (they were actually emailing CoH players an ad about GW2). Now it seems like Arena Net wants nothing to do with NCSoft.

NCsoft also terminated my account that I had CoH and Aion on, I planned to keep playing Aion occasionally but finding out that my account no longer exists which the Aion key is tied to, pisses me right off.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Bye................ don't let the doors hit you on the your way out.

Not sorry for this game, it was the first WoW copycat, it all started from it, I hope the rest of them follows suit..........quickly.

Originally posted by ste2000
    Bye................ don't let the doors hit you on the your way out.Not sorry for this game, it was the first WoW copycat, it all started from it, I hope the rest of them follows suit..........quickly.
    Just so you know Warhammer came before Warcraft did back in the 80's.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Bye................ don't let the doors hit you on the your way out.

Not sorry for this game, it was the first WoW copycat, it all started from it, I hope the rest of them follows suit..........quickly.

Are you serious?

I said WoW............... not Warcraft

I was clearly talking about the 2 games not the 2 IPs..........

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I miss CoH, but NCSoft terminated it because it wasn't profitable enough and that Guild Wars 2 was due out at the time (they were actually emailing CoH players an ad about GW2). Now it seems like Arena Net wants nothing to do with NCSoft.

Arena net is owned by ncsoft it's not just a publishing deal they have. So ..... they answer directly to them, and it's where all the money comes from and goes to. They can't really distance themselves....and I really doubt they're trying to.

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

/end i cannot believe it happened, but ok....

It is a question of fangs.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

1) Warcraft and Warhammer are two games

2) WoW and WAR (Warhammer Age of Reconing) are two other games completely different from the first two.

Dont mix things up for the sake of trolling.