Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For Kinship(Laurelin Server).

Hi all, I have just returned after a year or so break and I have decided to have a fresh start on the Laurelin server, I hear this server is great and is very active. LOTRO is a game that I have always wanted to experience all the content and expansions in because I am a massive Tolkien fan, but with this game I always find myself getting bored around level 50 because I have never found a good group of people or Kinship to journey through Middle-Earth with. I will be creating my Guardian Tank at some point today and hopefully I get some good replies to this post. Also I am from the UK and would prefer a Kinship that is around the same time-zone as me.

Xeroborn

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

As a massive Tolkien fan an Rp server is a good choice indeed for having some fun. But if you're from the UK, maybe Laurelin would be a more suited pick, that's the former Eu rp server (Landroval is the former US one)

While technically every server is in the US now after the transfer, timezone-wise the population is still following the pre-transfer state. There are players who started on the other side's server after the transfer, but the majority on both servers are still on their former side, so Laurelin is most active at Eu times, and Landroval is 6 hours later.

There are many nice kins on both servers, actively recruiting on Regional and OOC, you can ask around when in game.

• XerobornXeroborn Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the quick reply friend! I'll make my character on Laurelin then and check out the chat channels. I also changed the post subject to Laurelin instead of Landroval :)

Apart from that you can start one on Landy as well, (it's the benefit of the server transfers, US servers became available to us)

I too have a lowlevel character on Landroval just for the more important events, and especially for Weatherstock :)

and one in Laurelin, last Sunday there was a Shades concert there  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6102622#6102622

Thanks again for the info, I created my Guardian called Xeroborn about an hour ago on Laurelin. I also posted on the Laurelin server forums on the LOTRO website and have joined the glff channel but not many people using it atm :p

Probably they're still at work ;)

Yule festival launched yesterday, maybe Frostbluff would be a great place to start looking around, yesterday evening it was packed on multiple layers. I logged in there just to teach my character some dances, and even the Party Tree had a few folks around.

edit: just checked with my quick-footed Laurelin character, Bree 54 people, Thorin's Hall 10, Party Tree 4, in Frostbluff 94 and multiple dynamic layers for the rest. Festivals are cool :)

I think I will check out this festival then and see if I can get recruited there :)