Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI, 11th Vana'versary.

DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

Just wanted to give all my fellow MMORPGers a heads up on the upcoming event commencing  tomorrow, December 10th.

Any person who played FFXI at any point can come back for a free preview of the new expansion. You must have a SE account associated with your PoL Account which you can do here.

The event runs from December 10th to the 23rd. Here is a link for all the details.  FFXI Official Website.

For those that don't want to patch for 10 hours; here is a link for the direct  patch files download BGforum

Come back and enjoy the Starlight Celebration with us!

Vivik-Cerberus

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Thank you

THANK YOU!

Harbinger of Fools

Any currently inactive player that has ever subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XI in the past will be able to play free for a limited time and experience all the changes!

Sounds easy enough right?

Applicants will be ineligible for the service if any of the following apply:

The character has not been deleted automatically or by the applicant.

The applicant is able to manually reactivate the character

Ok so everyone who didn't delete their characters before leaving - will not get the 2 weeks to test the new content.

Makes sense right?

Now I remember why I  turned my back on this company.

Harbinger of Fools
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Dakeru

im not sure about that...makes no sense...
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Bought the new expansion and got it for $4.99 (after using a $10 off code from Amazon). I like the welcome back campaign, but they need a server merge... since like last year. Populations usually hover around 600-700 although you get into the 900-1000 range during peak times. It is still quite difficult to get stuff done at the lower levels... and by lower levels I mean having all of my jobs around level 86-90. I'll see how the rest of the month pans out!

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by Skuall

If I recall correctly, inactive accounts have their characters deleted automatically after a period of time.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Dagon13
    Originally posted by Skuall

If I recall correctly, inactive accounts have their characters deleted automatically after a period of time.

nah thats false ,i still to know some1 that got his char erased by SE in FFXI D:

oh btw im able to log in and play just fine (and i stoped playing in march) , but the game meh....the new quests are "cool" , the gear that u get for doing the quests ar amazing (+XXX skill  weapons are O_O ) but meh wont farm my !$!$ off just for some days...

I posted this in another thread - some people were able to manually reactivate their accounts since they had outdated credit card infos on it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38793-How-is-the-return-home-to-Vanadiel-campaign-supposed-to-work-exactly

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. 

ZAM doesn't require an active sub of course so more people posted there. 

http://www.zam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1385371449224605922

"I log in to try this out but my content ID is still deactivated.
    i go to SE management system to see if you reactivate from there but it says canceled with only payment method to reactivate."

"I have the issue, but it's not resolved. The Customer Service Rep told me it's a known issue and they're looking into it. Which means it's probably on the back burner while they work on the update fixes. I'm pretty sure I saw a friend of mine from the old days have the same problem as he was only logged in for two minutes. It's really a bummer, I was hoping to try it out and I've been having a huge urge to play again after watching some mmo related anime. It really sucks not being able to ask on the "official" forum since I don't have any active IDs, which has made figuring out the size of the problem kind of hard."

Harbinger of Fools
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I posted this in another thread - some people were able to manually reactivate their accounts since they had outdated credit card infos on it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38793-How-is-the-return-home-to-Vanadiel-campaign-supposed-to-work-exactly

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. 

ZAM doesn't require an active sub of course so more people posted there. 

http://www.zam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1385371449224605922

"I log in to try this out but my content ID is still deactivated.
    i go to SE management system to see if you reactivate from there but it says canceled with only payment method to reactivate."

"I have the issue, but it's not resolved. The Customer Service Rep told me it's a known issue and they're looking into it. Which means it's probably on the back burner while they work on the update fixes. I'm pretty sure I saw a friend of mine from the old days have the same problem as he was only logged in for two minutes. It's really a bummer, I was hoping to try it out and I've been having a huge urge to play again after watching some mmo related anime. It really sucks not being able to ask on the "official" forum since I don't have any active IDs, which has made figuring out the size of the problem kind of hard."

Yeah, seems like a real flop of a return campaign. I was one of the few fortunate enough to have obsolete payment info on it (although, I purged it before trying to manually reactivate just to be safe because I wasn't quite sure) and it worked for me --  funny enough though, my content ID is still marked as "cancelled." I was also able to log on to an old trial account believe it or not, and I didn't even have to reactivate it manually.

Their account system seems screwy beyond belief, but I've kind of come to expect that from SE at this point. The whole account management process is in dire need of a makeover.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Not played for nearly 3 yrs, my character and all items and gil still there.  Jueno is empty though except for a few afk'rs selling outside mog zone.  Been so long I just didnt know where to go or what to do.

On the ZAM thread I linked before, someone came up with a theory.

Maybe you remember that the old system wouldn't count 30 day subscriptions but either start your subscription on the 1st or the 15th of a month. According to him you would get charged AFTER playing not beforehand. I wouldn't know since I only received the bill every month but I do know their system was.. weird.

back in 2011 you paid for the time you played...meaning the money that comes out in December was to pay for November, the money that comes out in January paid for December. If you quit in February and come back in August, you still need to pay the January bill, and then in September you would be billed for the portion of August that you played. (ex if you started on the 15th you would be charged for 16 days not 30).

So even though you cancelled at that months end, and still played to the end of the month. You may still owe them the 13$ for playing in that particular month.

So I count as indebted to SE and if I resubscribe I would have to pay them 26€ with the new system (35.58$ for a 30 day subscription to check out the game again - madness)

Of course this is only an unconfirmed theory but since SE is completely hushing up about this, it's the best explanation out there so far.

Harbinger of Fools