Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day Z with early access for sale on steam from today...

LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
Well. The title says it all. You can get it on steam for 24 bucks and get access to it straight away. Only 40 peeps per server now though. 

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Yeah I just seen this, not sure if I want to test this out and get burned out before the actual game is finished though. Well not finished but not Alpha :)
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146

What I found a bit funny is how DAYZ fans acted over The War Z Early Access, having to pay for it. They claimed that DAYZ would NEVER do that, saying the company isn't dirty enough to charge their fans for an alpha.

DAYZ Early Access (an alpha) gets released and you have to buy it. Now only that but DAYZ fans are rushing to buy it. Nothing wrong with it, but why bash The War Z fans for buying Early Access, saying how stupid it is... then turn around  a year later and buy DAYZ Early Access....

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by OMGr8573

What I found a bit funny is how DAYZ fans acted over The War Z Early Access, having to pay for it. They claimed that DAYZ would NEVER do that, saying the company isn't dirty enough to charge their fans for an alpha.

Ya gotta be kidding.  The DayZ fans were upset with WarZ cashing in on DayZ success and rushing out an unfinished product that needed to be pulled off steam because it was so bad.  It had nothing to do with charging for early access and everything to do with how shady the company itself is.  I have never played either game, but you would have to be a moron to not see what they did.

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

Originally posted by OMGr8573 What I found a bit funny is how DAYZ fans acted over The War Z Early Access, having to pay for it. They claimed that DAYZ would NEVER do that, saying the company isn't dirty enough to charge their fans for an alpha. DAYZ Early Access (an alpha) gets released and you have to buy it. Now only that but DAYZ fans are rushing to buy it. Nothing wrong with it, but why bash The War Z fans for buying Early Access, saying how stupid it is... then turn around  a year later and buy DAYZ Early Access....

Yeah no, a guy named rhinocrunch pretty much covered what was wrong with warz. Thing is Dayz has competition now with a game called Nether which plays pretty similar to dayz() and it is also in alpha so of course Dean has to respond by releasing Dayz early.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Please don't act like you know why BI decided to open up the game to the public, using that arcady game Nether as a reason is just sad.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Please don't act like you know why BI decided to open up the game to the public, using that arcady game Nether as a reason is just sad.

We'll just use your logic against you here...

Unless you know something we don't know, and you probably don't, don't tell us that it didn't happen.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

We'll just use your logic against you here...

Unless you know something we don't know, and you probably don't, don't tell us that it didn't happen.

Sorry but no, the one who makes a claim needs to prove it.

It's not up to the one who doubts an argument because there is no proof to support it, to come up with proof himself.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by OMGr8573

Ya gotta be kidding.  The DayZ fans were upset with WarZ cashing in on DayZ success and rushing out an unfinished product that needed to be pulled off steam because it was so bad.  It had nothing to do with charging for early access and everything to do with how shady the company itself is.  I have never played either game, but you would have to be a moron to not see what they did.

Lol, like DayZ was unique game, there were several survival zombie mods on Arma2 already not to mention several other multiplayer zombie survival games announced before that. DayZ alpha is just sad try to cash on project that has slipped several times already, much like WarZ developers did when they run out money.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Tis EA alpha is huge disappointment for many DayZ mod player.

there is no cars

not many guns

cloth loot, A LOT.

Smaller servers

and game havent much get any better.

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116

The major difference is warZ tried to sell it as a complete game, rocket is very adamant about letting people know it is ALPHA,  you even have to click "I understand" to a little warning that pops up every time you launch the game that says it is alpha and not complete, Even on the steam store in the games description Rocket says DONT BUY IT YET.

All you uninformed sad sacks need to stop jumping to conclusions and do some freakin research.  Also as the game gets closer to completion the price will GO UP rocket has also said.  Not to mention there are countless features already implemented that are not in the mod.

me and my buddies are having a blast in the alpha all you ignorants sucktards can suck it.

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.