Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List Five Cancelled MMO's you would play if they released them Today!

• TholdornasTholdornas KielPosts: 59Member Uncommon

1. Chronicles of Spellborn

2. CIty of Heroes/Villains

3. Matrix Online (never got around to try this one; I'd really like to, though)

And I wished they'd continue content development for GW1, I know, it's still online, but since it will stay like this forever, it's only a matter of time.

• BigdavoBigdavo BrisbanePosts: 1,859Member Uncommon

The Chronicles of Spellborn.

In all my years of gaming I have never witnessed such an absolute waste of potential. It had such a firm base for more development: Beautiful world, unique and fun combat system, quests which weren't amazing but you did them just for the hilarious text, armor which was purely cosmetic (you upgraded via runes). The game was so different from the rest and yet so unsupported.

It was ready for more features to fill it out and turn it into a great game. Yet the company developing it went bankrupt, Acclaim put in on life-support but never seemed to have any intention of going much further than that.

I bought the game so I could go beyond the level 9 trial cap, I remember Acclaim actually tried to charged me twice (unsuccessfully). I played for a while until I hit the undeveloped later levels, this plus increasing server-side lag made me quit eventually. Several weeks later it shutdown.

I can't list five games, only this one.

O_o o_O

• ariestearieste toronto, ONPosts: 3,293Member Uncommon

If re-released as they were when live, i'd play TR again, that's about it.

I loved SWG and everything it did and tried to do, but i wouldn't go back to playing it.   I would definitely play some sort of updated version of it though.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2
    Currently Playing: EQ2, Firefall

• SkuallSkuall UnknowPosts: 1,457Member Uncommon
    i miss City of heroes :( , was fun as hell
  • IDontThinkSoNoIDontThinkSoNo no, NCPosts: 57Member
    None of em.  
  • centkincentkin Asbury, NJPosts: 951Member Uncommon

Ultima Online 2 -- I mean sheesh it was supposed to compete with EQ2 and WoW and looked like the best of the three and it was never released to the public due to it running badly.  With today's computers it should run well.

Dungeon Runners on the other side -- this snarky mmolite would actually not be as lite in a world where everything is lite. 

Warhammer -- run as a tournament game where the exp/RR points were given a 500% boost and the servers reset every month.  Winning servers play winning servers and losing servers play losing servers. 

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Palisades Park, NJPosts: 503Member Uncommon

1. Mythica

2. Dragon Empires

3. Imperator

4. Motor City Online

5. I forgot JGE: DOH!

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb

• RecklanRecklan Awesomeville, GAPosts: 31Member

Jumpgate Evolution

Tabula Rasa

Stargate Worlds

• mudd4evermudd4ever Boston, MAPosts: 158Member

Hero's Journey,

The Chronicles of Spellborn

are definitely my top two.

• AlverantAlverant Wheaton, ILPosts: 572Member Uncommon

1) City of Heroes

2) City of Heroes

3) City of Heroes

4) City of Heroes

5) Earth and Beyond

Of course those are the only two closed MMORPGs I've played for any reasonable length of time.

• crack_foxcrack_fox WellingtonPosts: 402Member

The original Climax vision for Warhammer Online. The most awesome MMO that never was. Probably.

• skeeter667skeeter667 holyoke, MAPosts: 55Member Uncommon

1. Wish, they should have given it a chance to run its beta and release before pulling the plug

2. JGE

3. The original Warhammer Online that was scraped so Mythic could make it instead.

4. Dark and Light before that was ruined by locked source code and lawsuits.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Jackson, MIPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon

1. Star Wars Galaxies

2. Tabula Rasa

3. Motor City Online

4.Dark And Light

5. UO 2?

• DarthtriggerDarthtrigger Marseilles, ILPosts: 15Member

UO 2 maybe

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Chicago, ILPosts: 2,307Member Uncommon

5.  Seed

4.  Universal Century (Gundam) Online

3.  Tabula Rasa

2.  Star Wars Galaxies

1.  City of Heroes

"Its sad when people use religion to feel superior, its even worse to see people using a video game to do it."

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• ZombieKenZombieKen Northwest, INPosts: 5,034Member Uncommon

Matrix Online - Not so much for the gameplay, but the city is amazing.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Common
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody EldridgePosts: 1,896Member Uncommon

1. Star Wars Galaxies

2. The Matrix Online

• daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,178Member Uncommon
    Nothing from list. But would love to play some QUALITY ST genre MMO. Or upgraded SWG.
  • kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,796Member Uncommon
    Only City of Heroes/Villains make that list for me

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Edison, NJPosts: 457Member Common
    1. Star Wars Galaxies - Pre-CU
    2. Star Wars Galaxies - CU
    3. Star Wars Galaxies - NGE
    4. City of Heroes
    5. Tabula Rasa

• LittleBootLittleBoot roystonPosts: 326Member

1. Tabula Rasa

2. Dungeon Runners

3. That's it.  Part of me wants to include Auto Assault because I have always loved the concept of that game, but in reality it was just dull.  

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,440Member Uncommon

The real one.

4ft Gaming Mouse Pad -
  • RoguewizRoguewiz The Lone Star StatePosts: 627Member Uncommon

Shadowbane and Star Wars Galaxies.  That's it.  All the other games that I've played (and subsequently, have shutdown), didn't offer me enough replayability.

Tabula Rasa had potential, but that's it: potential.  It failed in delivery (IMO)

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: League of Legends, EQ1 (Ragefire Lockjaw), Dark Souls II, Hearthstone
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall!!!

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,207Member Uncommon

Here are some I'd play if they came back: CIty of heroes/villians before they added the create-a-mission crap that ruined the game, Auto Assault, Earth and Beyond, Tabula Rasa, and the matrix online.

I've played all of those at release except matrix and tabula rasa I played the beta. I always wanted to try matrix online but by the time I did get around to trying it, it was closing so I never bothered.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!