Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[General Article] General: Guild Management: Keeping It All Together

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Guilds are great fun and there are some really fantastic ways to keep the group cohesive and informed. In a new article, we take a look at four guild hosting sites to see how they measure up to the needs of today's busy guild leader. Read on!

The guild management services offered within a given game can offer a lot of useful functionality, but are inherently (and understandably) limited. Features like managing the guild roster, setting various levels of access to guild features and activity planning calendars aren’t too much to ask from game developers, but there are plenty of fairly common use cases where the built-in features just don’t cut it. Luckily, for socially-minded gamers, several third party companies have stepped up to the plate to offer web-based services that help fill in some of the gaps. I’ve spent some time rounding up and comparing the merits of four of these, and have compiled my observations here as a handy resource to help you quickly decide which service will be most useful to you.

Read more of Pete Schwab's Guild Management: Keeping It All Together.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• ScotScot UKPosts: 5,762Member Uncommon

The most important thing about a guild hosting service is that you have someone who will manage it for the guild.

If you are trying to work out which guild to pick, having its own site is a good indicator that you are on the right track.

• NemersesNemerses NorthamptonPosts: 23Member
    Sites on the ones listed here have a dime a dozen guilds

www.Immortals-mmo.co.uk