Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: What's Up With Webzen West?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Our latest Free Zone column takes a look at new and assertive steps being made by Webzen to gain a foothold in North America and Europe. See what we discovered and then leave us your own thoughts in the comments.

Here in North America and also in western Europe, one of 2013's significant stories in the free to play space took place back in February when Webzen acquired sister companies Gala-Net and Gala Networks, now re-named Webzen West and Webzen Dublin respectively. The Korea-based publisher thereby substantially increased its presence in these two markets by gaining control of the gPotato portals. In doing so, it also became the regional operator of a mixed bag of titles, with Allods Online being arguably the most prominent.

Read more of Richard Aihoshi's The Free Zone: What's Up With Webzen West?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Webzen's problem is that out of all companies that launch their games in multiple regions their company is the one that takes the longest to translate their games from Asia to the West.

C9 is a perfect example of that. It was out for years in Asia and Vindictus came out in the NA like a year before C9, and with Vindictus being a far better action MMO, game play wise and graphic wise, there wasn't really that much interest in C9.

They are the company I know as being "late to the party" for all their titles.

Smile

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I think their problem is they bought the wrong companies.  Toss around the gPotato name and you get bombarded with negative comments.  It remains to be seen if they can fix this. 
  • SWRC9SWRC9 Member Posts: 16

This is the truth about Webzen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSP9YXM6Lqo

Signature: [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/SWRC9]My C9 Videos![/url
    Latest Video: C9 - Intrusion Compilation #6 Dimensional Steal Fail! w/ Morg4nna