Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Soon with More Villains

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has announced that several more playable villains will be joining Marvel Heroes Online. Players can look forward to the likes of Juggernaut, Venom and Magneto in the Advance Packs coming soon.

Advance Pack - Deluxe Edition

The Deluxe Edition contains 12 Heroes with their default costumes and their alternate launch costume (delivered on release), 72 new Fortune Cards (which which may contain additional costumes), a Wolverine “Fear Itself” costume, and a Gambit “As Death” costume.

Total estimated value of the limited-time Advance Pack Deluxe Edition is $425. Our holiday price is $129.99.

Contents of the Advance Pack - Deluxe Edition

(Heroes in alphabetical order with TWO costumes each):

• Dr. Strange

• Juggernaut

• Magneto

• Moon Knight

• Nightcrawler

• Psylocke

• Silver Surfer

• Star-Lord

• Sue Storm

• Venom

• First Additional Hero to be Announced

• Second Additional Hero to be Announced

• 24 Fortune Cards (Mark IV)

• 24 Fortune Cards (Mark V)

• 24 Fortune Cards (Mark VI)

• 24 Retcon Devices

• 12 Hero S.T.A.S.H. Tabs (1 for each hero included in this pack)

• Advance release of Gambit's "As Death" Enhanced costume, delivered one month before official sale date.

• Advance release of Wolverine's "Fear Itself" costume, delivered one month before official sale date. 

Find out more about pricing and other editions on the Marvel Heroes Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

from site

order the Deluxe Edition by December 31st and receive a full Ghost Rider hero bundle

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    If any one buys this they're pretty stupid, 12 Heroes for the mere price of 400, but oh it's on sale for 130? For that price give people all characters with all skins. Why do people fall for the most stupid things just because it says "Sale" like it makes it any less worse that it's freaking over 100 dollars for pretty much nothing.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by nomadie
    If any one buys this they're pretty stupid, 12 Heroes for the mere price of 400, but oh it's on sale for 130? For that price give people all characters with all skins. Why do people fall for the most stupid things just because it says "Sale" like it makes it any less worse that it's freaking over 100 dollars for pretty much nothing.

It seems their idea of redefining F2P games is to simply add more zero's after the numbers, the game is a cash grab, nothing more.image

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

a better deal - a year of marvel digital comics for $70!

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited

• TraskaTraska Member Posts: 5
    $130 is a good deal for this.  Most heroes are at least 900G ($9.00), some are 1350G.  Even if they're all 900, that's $108.00 right there, then you factor in the extra costume each gets, the storage, and the fortune cards.  Yes, if you don't want all of the heroes, it's certainly not going to be worth it to you, but to proclaim that it's stupid because you don't like it doesn't make it so.
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    Originally posted by Traska
    $130 is a good deal for this.  Most heroes are at least 900G ($9.00), some are 1350G.  Even if they're all 900, that's $108.00 right there, then you factor in the extra costume each gets, the storage, and the fortune cards.  Yes, if you don't want all of the heroes, it's certainly not going to be worth it to you, but to proclaim that it's stupid because you don't like it doesn't make it so.

I agree!

This might be a bit of a gamble though too as you're paying money for heroes/villians that may not come out until 2015 (as it says on the site). What happens if the game tanks before then?

Just saying...

• TraskaTraska Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Benbrada
    Originally posted by Traska

I agree!

This might be a bit of a gamble though too as you're paying money for heroes/villians that may not come out until 2015 (as it says on the site). What happens if the game tanks before then?

Just saying...

It certainly could happen. However, I tend to think that cash frontages like this can help avert that.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    been playing this game since beta and it has come a long way.  I do have my complaints about the game and voice it on the forums constantly. However, with new playable heroes being released on a monthly basis it does tend to keep the game play some what fresh. Whether a player decides to purchase this pack or not is their prerogative since not paying a single dime is totally viable ( no extra stash space is the biggest downside).
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

These cash shop prices are ridiculous. You could buy three complete (and better) games for that price.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by nomadie

It seems their idea of redefining F2P games is to simply add more zero's after the numbers, the game is a cash grab, nothing more.image

Truthfully, the game is ok.  I gave it a shot.  Not something I planned on playing for long.  But, I can see why ARPG and/or Marvel fans would enjoy it.

I do have a question for you though.  Are you always this negative?  I see you post nothing but hate on every single thread you post on?  I have yet to see one positive thing come from you.  It's at the point where you are either trolling or a very miserable person IRL.  Either way, maybe you need a break from gaming?

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

With the current video game prices, you could get at least ten great games from Steam for 130$. Or you could buy some extra characters and costumes for a mediocre action/RPG.

An estimated value of 400$. A PS4's value is 400$. This is just a sad attempt at ripping people off. Offers like this are a sure way to make me never touch this crap.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    It's only 130 bucks /shrug. I bought one.... rather cheap in my opinion. I have a career tho.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    It's only 130 bucks /shrug. I bought one.... rather cheap in my opinion. I have a career tho.

If you enjoy the game, and plan on playing through most of the heros/Villains.  I would say you got your monies worth.  

• CerariCerari Member Posts: 2

Do not play this game. All they want is drain your money. Total trash. Support is terrible, ignorant attitude to their customers. 

Game itself is very unbalanced D3 with bright colors. Better to wait for D3: RoS.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

If you enjoy the game and will play it enough to get your moneys worth then its probably not a bad buy.

Personally I think the game is decent and worth playing, but not enough to drop over $100 on it. I spent $60 on it at release, what I would spend on almost any released title and that is all I will spend.