Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: New Expansion Hinted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The year in review for Star Trek Online has been published. Along with a look back at all the team accomplished in the year that was, the team also hinted that the next expansion will arrive in late 2014 and will Delta Quadrant will play a prominent role in it.

Season 8 introduced the Voth, our first space adventure zone, and our first battle zone. It also kicked off the storyline that takes us into the coming year. What is the real back story of the Dyson sphere? This story will unfold in featured episodes planned for the fourth anniversary and in Season 9. We won’t give too much away just yet, but we can hint that the Delta Quadrant, as explored in Star Trek: Voyager, will be taking a larger role in the coming year.

All told, it’s been a fantastic year for STO, and we’re really looking forward to 2014. We thank you all for spending your time in Star Trek Online with us, and wish you all the best in this holiday season!

The Star Trek Online Team

Read the full letter on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Good news, would enjoy some Delta Quadrant fun.

Overall, I agree it's been a great year for STO.  The game keeps getting better over time - it's miles away from where it was at launch.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Actually, it just mentions season 9, not really a next expansion. Reading too much into it methinks.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• tenebrusmke7tenebrusmke7 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Actually, it just mentions season 9, not really a next expansion. Reading too much into it methinks.

You must have missed this part:

Your enthusiastic support has put another expansion on the schedule for late in 2014.

In fact, the article of this site missed it, since it's in the letter on the official site here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1065181

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

"What is the real back story of the Dyson sphere?"

For some reason, the first thing that popped in my head after reading this was the dyson vacuum lol.  Anyways, I don't play STO, but I'm happy to hear fans will get another expac!

• sui2ksui2k Member UncommonPosts: 30

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content

Season 9 (May actually grow to become another expansion)

old coffee, dude ;)