Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IT was fun while it lasted.....

2»

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by gw1228

Caster nerfs

especially to bards

Insane Housing Prices

redundant to little end game content....

THis game is just going down the %^^%^%

Oh well on to the next MMO

"especially to bards"

Huh? The only real "nerf" being applied to bards is a reduction to the buffs of 2 cross class skills (Internal Release and Blood for Blood"), and theyre pretty minor nerfs overall. They only have an impact when the buffs are actually up, and theyre not very drastic changes. Youre looking at a less than 5% total decrease in damage over the course of a full dungeon.

Oh no, that 15m WP run just turned into a 15 1/2 minute run QQQQQQQQ.

The damage of your core abilities hasn't change, you're still just as mobile as before, and you're still getting the majority of your damage the same way as before,  the 2 buffs being nerfed will hardly be noticed when actually playing. I was actually expecting them to do a meaningful nerf like reducing the proc% on River of Blood or something along those lines. Glad to see I won't have to change my playstyle or switch to a new dps class after all.

With that said, i do agree that some the stuff they're doing is pretty ridiculous. Slowing down build speed for LB2 & 3 if you have more than 1 of a class in your party... that's just flat out ridiculous and not needed. So now, if you happen to only be able to get 2 WHMs to heal for you, or 2 of the same dps to run a dungeon you're being penalized for it. Would love to know what genius thought that one up.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

With that said, i do agree that some the stuff they're doing is pretty ridiculous. Slowing down build speed for LB2 & 3 if you have more than 1 of a class in your party... that's just flat out ridiculous and not needed. So now, if you happen to only be able to get 2 WHMs to heal for you, or 2 of the same dps to run a dungeon you're being penalized for it. Would love to know what genius thought that one up.

Encourages using variety of jobs in encounters for maximum efficiency instead of stacking the DPS of the month.

Good sides, bad sides. The fact is all DF content is still doable with more than one of the same job but the min-maxers have no choice but to include all sorts of DPS in their encounters.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Raven322Raven322 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Weird thread.

Houses are expensive and may actually require FC's to spend time earning them. This is apparently outrageous.

This patch contains more content that almost any other patch I've ever seen in an MMO anywhere, ever.

It contains numerous fixes to issues, addresses concerns that have arisen since launch, and contains a massive amount of new content.

But no houses are expensive and they nerfed Bards. (Who kind of needed it.)

They buffed Warriors. (Who also needed it.)

But hate on I guess, I'm enjoying the game a lot. I hope you all can find something you enjoy as well.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Raven322

Weird thread.

Houses are expensive and may actually require FC's to spend time earning them. This is apparently outrageous.

The outrageous part is that new players on Legacy servers are surprised when the house prices are higher on said hyperinflated servers, meaning they can't afford them. Obviously overlooking the fact that if the prices were lower the Legacy billionaires would buy all plots under their nose anyway, except said billionaires would stay rich in the future as well.

Mix it up with trolls, haters and general MMO community faux-outrage and you end up with "the housing feature is too expensive!" bitching (even though the complaint is only valid for a fraction of the playerbase at worst).

To be honest there is also some amount of confusion and insecurity as the WoW playerbase has to face the unknown all alone, without knowing that money is a third-grade currency at best. Fortunately WoW has prepared enough diapers for everyone looking for refuge so these people don't have to face the ruthless nature of player run economy no longer.

The economy where someone is always richer than you, and you are only wealthy compared to everyone else's wealth.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • DavodDavod Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Can't understand people complaining about the patch. The Patch is immense and a real good work. A few of these and this game will be pure awesomeness and probably the best on the market!

This discussion has been closed.