Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will you create?

AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Whether it's building a specific structure or creating a bit of lore and making it reality, what are your plans? 

Personally I have a remote village, music hall / bar and a tower for a mage council in mind so far.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Aelious
    Whether it's building a specific structure or creating a bit of lore and making it reality, what are your plans? 

Personally I have a remote village, music hall / bar and a tower for a mage council in mind so far.

"High elf of rhodes"

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

SOMEONE is going to create a part of an organ that a male has.

I'm not but lets be real here; the amount of people submitting that shape is going to be astronomical.  ROFL!

I'm probably going to create a nice sphere / Dome type structure.

What for, I have no idea.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Nitth

"High elf of rhodes"

I may get my credentials taken away for this but I have no idea what this is, but I'm intrigued image

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i'd like to find some forested side of a mountain and build a cabin, some outbuildings, and see how i can possibly bend the current tools and mats into making a garden and maybe even an orchard.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Fossilized, gigantic Mudcrab.

Originally posted by jpnz

I'm not but lets be real here; the amount of people submitting that shape is going to be astronomical.  ROFL!

Of course and they'll get their day of amusement before it's taken down.  Honestly if that's what they need to feel fulfilled better in a game.

The ability to make a smooth dome is not one to pass up and you never know what your inspiration will turn in to.  I'm sure it will look great.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

Are you suggesting that people will be erecting anatomically-inspired spires? Never!

As for your dome, sounds like a titillating prospect. Keep us abreast of your progress. ;)

I will be creating a graveyard with a haunted museum in it.

• azeraaronazeraaron Member UncommonPosts: 7

Goin to build some of my Doom2 levels )

http://azeraaron.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by Aelious Whether it's building a specific structure or creating a bit of lore and making it reality, what are your plans?      Personally I have a remote village, music hall / bar and a tower for a mage council in mind so far.
      "High elf of rhodes"

I may get my credentials taken away for this but I have no idea what this is, but I'm intrigued

Its going to be a high elf interpretation of the colossus of Rhodes, which was a colossal statue that sat in rhodes harbor about 280bc

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

SOMEONE is going to create a part of an organ that a male has.I'm not but lets be real here; the amount of people submitting that shape is going to be astronomical.  ROFL!I'm probably going to create a nice sphere / Dome type structure.What for, I have no idea.

Could always sell the template to complete the organ set...

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

I want to try recreating the castles, spire, and town I built in Minecraft. Most likely sans all the mechanical bits.

Remaking a few of the ships I've done too would be fun, try to build them as airships or something that'd fit the setting.

Then the hidden mountain and cliff castles too.

And a snowman. Doing some sculptures in this game might be fun though.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

*raises hand*. That would be me.  After I get the stupid out of y system I have a

citadel I've been doodling at work. I don't know how

large claims are it I think I'm going to need multiple

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by Aelious Whether it's building a specific structure or creating a bit of lore and making it reality, what are your plans?      Personally I have a remote village, music hall / bar and a tower for a mage council in mind so far.
      "High elf of rhodes"

I may get my credentials taken away for this but I have no idea what this is, but I'm intrigued

Its going to be a high elf interpretation of the colossus of Rhodes, which was a colossal statue that sat in rhodes harbor about 280bc

That would be fantastic and in seeing that I assume at some point the huge LotR guardian statues will make it in, hehe.

Great ideas so far from everyone, I imagine a month after launch the building will really pick up once people get used to the tools.  From the videos it fairly looks easy to build once the idea is there.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

I want to build an inn along one of the main roads with a stable and Blacksmith. It will be a place for travellers to stop to rest and will eventually attract others to build there, eventually turning into a small village with farms, a bakery, windmill, a small keep and the best spiced potato's in the region!

I also have plans for a few odd iems but I don't want to give my secrets away.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm going to create something that links to my sons XBox Skylander game. :)

edit: I did not mean that to come out sarcastically. The games themes are somewhat the same though, and we would be able to share some good times together.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

a cavern/tunnel system

Originally posted by Markusrind
    I want to build an inn along one of the main roads with a stable and Blacksmith. It will be a place for travellers to stop to rest and will eventually attract others to build there, eventually turning into a small village with farms, a bakery, windmill, a small keep and the best spiced potato's in the region! I also have plans for a few odd iems but I don't want to give my secrets away.

Gona have to stop there for an ale :)

That would be fantastic and in seeing that I assume at some point the huge LotR guardian statues will make it in at some point, hehe.

(Might be slightly off topic, yet still relevant)

On the topic of large structures...

According to the dev steams and information currently available your structures have a kind of durability to them. The devs go on to say they usually make their initial designs with types of common materials like iron or bronze then refactor that with highly durable, highly rare materials such diamonds.

So building these monolithic structures are no small feat both by the quantity and quality of the materials required.

It also dawned on me the other day if it would possible to make a 'mini model' then just scale it up?

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127

This.

javascript:void(0)

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802
    Friends and I have already taken it upon ourselves to get down to the nitty gritty and put in some work.  We've all been playing Minecraft since alpha and recently picked up Starbound as well...  As soon as we all saw the Trailblazers packs we bought them.  We're going to be moving out together to find a remoteish area around a ocean front or near a lake and going to claim areas around each other, sharing all rights.  From there we're going to build a large town with a massive hall representing our in game guild.  We'll open it up to roleplayers once it's all done.  One of the main features we want to build is a sewage system under the city itself with secret areas and little Easter eggs for people to find.
    I like to complain about games.

That would be fantastic and in seeing that I assume at some point the huge LotR guardian statues will make it in, hehe.

(Might be slightly off topic, yet still relevant)

On the topic of large structures...

According to the dev steams and information currently available your structures have a kind of durability to them. The devs go on to say they usually make their initial designs with types of common materials like iron or bronze then refactor that with highly durable, highly rare materials such diamonds.

So building these monolithic structures are no small feat both by the quantity and quality of the materials required.

It also dawned on me the other day if it would possible to make a 'mini model' then just scale it up?

Exactly how far you can scale something up, or down, would be a great dev question on a livestream as I don't think they've covered that specifically.  They have of course scaled things up during recording so I guess you could get a rough idea of it.  The only bad thing about doing that is losing some definition from voxel sizing but depending on the look you're going for that may not be an issue.  Though there is a minimum voxel size it seemed that you could still tweak the vertices smaller, trial and error for sure to begin with.

Regarding the different materials they have said you can build with one material and later swap it out with another material where it changes the voxel info.  This can be seen in the "What is Landmark?" video where you change the terrain.  I'm sure there will be a way to select entities and not just paintbrush the swap but a great feature for building right away.

Originally posted by Ridrith
    Friends and I have already taken it upon ourselves to get down to the nitty gritty and put in some work.  We've all been playing Minecraft since alpha and recently picked up Starbound as well...  As soon as we all saw the Trailblazers packs we bought them.  We're going to be moving out together to find a remoteish area around a ocean front or near a lake and going to claim areas around each other, sharing all rights.  From there we're going to build a large town with a massive hall representing our in game guild.  We'll open it up to roleplayers once it's all done.  One of the main features we want to build is a sewage system under the city itself with secret areas and little Easter eggs for people to find.

Seeing this and the previous posts (loves me some spiced potatoes) make me excited to play Landmark, just to see what people will build.  I'm finding those Easter eggs image.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

I'm going to find an area near someone's great big city, hopefully somewhere in the middle, and built a Great Big House of Penai there, in baroque style, to help properly shape the development of surrounding areas.

Of course, I'm pretty damn sure that claimed areas will be instanced and no exactly available for such shenannigans, but if not, it'll be the source of epic lullz.

Actually, I really hope it will not be instanced. Just imagine the lifework of a whole guild, carefully themed in a precise style, and above all that my own big huge monument to the immortal declaration "I have a big great tonker!"

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

I know will take a lot of time, already did the sketch on paper  can't wait until landmark release ^___^

MikePaladin

That would be fantastic! I've been lazy and kept my ideas in my head, I should probably change that lol.