Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why should i play this?

NukyoNukyo Member UncommonPosts: 2
I don't see any reason to play WildStar. I don't see new features, no game aspect that haven't been done before. There is no innovation in the quest system, combat, character customization or PvP. Care to explain why i should like/favorite/subscribe?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

not really

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Nukyo
    I don't see any reason to play WildStar.

Then why do you want us to convince you to play it?

You can think for yourself, you can choose whatever game you want to play - all for yourself. You dont need anyone.

If you do need someone to tell you (?) why you should play a game, then clearly is something wrong on your end. Wrong in terms of that you want to question Yourself why you even ask us such a question.

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    You are right you shouldn't play this.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I don't see any reason to play WildStar. I don't see new features, no game aspect that haven't been done before. There is no innovation in the quest system, combat, character customization or PvP. Care to explain why i should like/favorite/subscribe?

If it's all polished and made better I don't see the problem. For this game it may not be about what is innovative (I have no clue if it is innovative or not) but how it is packaged and presented. It certainly didn't hurt Blizzard when World of Warcraft was released...

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Warplots, shiphand missions, and housing being tied into everything are all innovative. I'll be subbing for a long time because this game is like wow meets gw 2 in space with a trinity and difficult endgame progression.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I don't think people will play Wildstar because of any new features.  I think they will play Wildstar because they are already familiar with the features it has.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

I think the reasons someone would play this are:

40 man raids, housing, setting, telegraphing, shiny new mmo, same old wow themepark formula

I don't see anything special happening with Wildstar and for me it's a total skip. If you think it will be fun and maybe have other things about it you might like, by all means enjoy.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Foomerang

not really

I'll second this.  Quite frankly, I'd rather not have someone like OP gaming next to me in Wildstar or any game if I'm being honest.

• EriccomptonEriccompton Member UncommonPosts: 51

$60 box, monthly sub, for a game with dated...oops, my bad..." stylized " graphics? lol

I just love this backward graphics progression nowadays with a " stylized " tag slapped on

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

simple answer..

dont... 

why should someone try to give YOU  a reason to play a game that clearly even though its still only in closed beta you have made your mind up is not worth it

so bye 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Ericcompton

$60 box, monthly sub, for a game with dated...oops, my bad..." stylized " graphics? lol

I just love this backward graphics progression nowadays with a " stylized " tag slapped on

If $60 is an amount of money you even think about gaming probably isn't a good hobby for you.  A sub...that's one of the MAIN selling points for me, it keeps people like you out!

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• EriccomptonEriccompton Member UncommonPosts: 51
    lol, I'm all for subs, I'm subbed to 3 games atm, but a sub AND a box price like that for those graphics? laughable
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Avarix

If it's all polished and made better I don't see the problem. For this game it may not be about what is innovative (I have no clue if it is innovative or not) but how it is packaged and presented. It certainly didn't hurt Blizzard when World of Warcraft was released...

The definition of madness is to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

The genre has been overrun with clones for 7 years now and many players are just plain sick of it, you will be reminded of this after about 3-4 months of playing. This genre needs an enema to flush away the EQ/DaoC/Wow constipation holding the genre back.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Lol if you need to ask why you should play it, simply dont play it.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

You should definately give your money to NCSoft so they'll bring Blade and Soul to the west.

Wildstar is just a placeholder :j

Originally posted by Ericcompton
    lol, I'm all for subs, I'm subbed to 3 games atm, but a sub AND a box price like that for those graphics? laughable

Well, seeing as ANYTHING you're subbed to currently doesn't compare graphically then your point is not only moot but laughable.  Cartoony graphics don't mean low poly and the attention to detail is only rivaled by FFXIV, granted your ability to write a coherent and intellectual sentence really shows how valuable your opinion is.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

You should definately give your money to NCSoft so they'll bring Blade and Soul to the west.

Wildstar is just a placeholder :j

I can't wait for BnS....BUT, the world is like you're walking through a department store full of cardboard cutouts, BnS is really just a side-grade to Age of Wushu.

• Varthanos1Varthanos1 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Can't you feel how great this game is going to be?

I can't say why.  It just will be.  For how long?  I care not.

I mean, what else is there that is new?  FF was good and done a month ago.

Cost?  Who cares.  Sell your soul for the next new MMO that everyone will be playing.

I just hope I can eat up all the content before ESO comes out.

Otherwise I'll have to *gasp* divide my time between them both.

/dance

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I don't really get the hype for this either. It looks SO much like WoW which is kind of a turn off for me, but that's fine.. I'm not one of those people who care THAT much about graphics. It's the combat system that reeeaaalllllyyyy turns me off from this game. The telegraph system with shapes flying across the ground telling everyone what's coming is just really terrible in my eyes. The combat doesn't really look fun at all. And please don't tell me you can turn them off, because I don't want to play at a disadvantage compared to other players just to avoid these huge eye sores.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    I've never played this game but watching the beta streams has shown me that if you like WoW but want a newer version of it, try Wildstar. Otherwise pass.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I'm playing the beta and so far I am not impressed with anything I see.
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by nilden

shiny new mmo, same old wow themepark formula

If you don't want this, you shouldn't play.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

If you're someone who actually focuses on the RPG aspects of a game, and wants to experience new narrative content, then the only thing that needs to be different about a new game is that it has a new story to experience.

As far as gameplay goes, the only really new features in Wildstar appear to be an improved implementation of player housing, and the Paths system.  If you are solely gameplay focused, and neither of those tickles your fancy, you should probably pass.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

You've already made the choice, don't play it.

Wait for it to go F2P a bit after launch, same thing happened to RIFT. Copy WoW and add a few "innovative" features.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

The best reasoning I can think of (having not played it and only seen a few vids) is if you like large raids, action combat where aim matters, trinity-based classes, stylized graphics, and are tired of medieval/fantasy then Wildstar is for you.

This discussion has been closed.