Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are You a Male or Female Type of Gamer

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hrT8KfofWXDX-kf4tGk9e5uQTs3A3KM768bdCVlIkNY/viewform  

Do you choose to play with male or female avatars when given the choice ? answer this quick survey questionnaire on the link.

The results will be published on all forums where the link has been advertised and to all who leave their e mail address.

Only takes One minute and it helps build up knowledge on MMORPG's and other Social Online Multyplayer Games.

Thank You :)

Comments

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

The results won't be reliable in any form due to it being a convienyence survey. 

For my answer, it all depends on the character. Sometimes the character feels better as a male, sometimes it a female. 

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I think someone needs to learn the difference between 'male and female' and 'man and woman'.

Clue: Sex and gender are not the same thing.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Darwa

I think someone needs to learn the difference between 'male and female' and 'man and woman'.

Maybe for fish people.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by Darwa

Maybe for fish people.

Possibly. I'll admit that I don't have much (any) experience in dealing with Merfolk image

• ZangetxuZangetxu Member CommonPosts: 18
    done, complete it
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

TBH, its a just a bunch of people playing with puppets.

Is it no different than a boy child playing with a female action figure?

I never think the avatar I'm playing is me. More a minion of mine I control.

For RPers it could an issue.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by immodium

TBH, its a just a bunch of people playing with puppets.

Is it no different than a boy child playing with a female action figure?

I never think the avatar I'm playing is me. More a minion of mine I control.

For RPers it could an issue.

for me, pretty much this. The avatar doesn't represent me, I think of it as a character in a story.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Personally I'm a male, and I could never see myself playing a female character. I understand why some people play a female character that are males bc maybe they feel more comfortable being portrayed like that, but what I don't understand is the guys that claim "I rather stare at the behind of female". I just don't get that. However, I don't judge it is fantasy we're playing after all.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    Personally I'm a male, and I could never see myself playing a female character. I understand why some people play a female character that are males bc maybe they feel more comfortable being portrayed like that, but what I don't understand is the guys that claim "I rather stare at the behind of female". I just don't get that. However, I don't judge it is fantasy we're playing after all.

So you are saying guys that play female toons really actually wish they were female?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

So you are saying guys that play female toons really actually wish they were female?

No I'm saying guys who play females bc they wish they were females makes sense to me. Not the I just want to stare at females all day reason.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

no, but it may be an outlet for more stereotypically female gendered behavior.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Originally posted by aspekx

no, but it may be an outlet for more stereotypically female gendered behavior.

I agree with you. Most of the guys that I've played with that play as a female toon, tend to have female characteristics.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    what I don't understand is the guys that claim "I rather stare at the behind of female". I just don't get that. However, I don't judge it is fantasy we're playing after all.

What is not to get?

Some of us feel there is a noticeable difference between male and female "behind[s]."  

It is just a preference like anything else.  Without getting too much into it we should all agree that for whatever reason some people find one gender or sex more attractive than the other.  This can't be the first you've encountered this idea.

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    what I don't understand is the guys that claim "I rather stare at the behind of female". I just don't get that. However, I don't judge it is fantasy we're playing after all.

What is not to get?

Some of us feel there is a noticeable difference between male and female "behind[s]."  

It is just a preference like anything else.  Without getting too much into it we should all agree that for whatever reason some people find one gender or sex more attractive than the other.  This can't be the first you've encountered this idea.

Of course it's not the first, just never really got it. It doesn't bother me though I'm merely just stating my thoughts about the subject.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    For me, I play male toons for first person view games and female for third person view.  It may be shocking for some of you but I'm a straight male. 

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

For me, I play male toons for first person view games and female for third person view.  It may be shocking for some of you but I'm a straight male. 

Why would that be shocking? This isn't a debate about males that play female characters are gay or not.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Can't complete the questionnaire, problem with the control logic. Second page has the second question required even when the first question is answered 'never'.

This discussion has been closed.