Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many ppl play wow nowdays?

tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
Just curious any ppl have an idea or heard how many subs are there nowdays on wow?

Comments

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by tazarconan
    Just curious any ppl have an idea or heard how many subs are there nowdays on wow?

Down to about 8,000,000 I think.  All my brothers play it I've stayed away mostly but recently I started a monk to my surprise there are a few lower levels running around.  I'm a tank but last night at level 20 instant qued for two dungeons. 
  • SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Kicksave321

Down to about 8,000,000 I think.  All my brothers play it I've stayed away mostly but recently I started a monk to my surprise there are a few lower levels running around.  I'm a tank but last night at level 20 instant qued for two dungeons. 

As a tank you will ALWAYS insta-queue for a dungeon. (:

DPS's are not so lucky, though.

@OP

Check out Realmpop.com

That should give you a pretty good idea

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

While still far from its peak this sale seems to be getting a lot of MMO newbies to sign up.  At least if reddit is any indication.  But, it's still by far the largest MMO population wise.

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

3-4m US/EU by last tally. A large portion of the remainder is China.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Keylogger_007

lol i really wana see the source on that...

op: 7.6 million mate.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    More than every other P2P game combined. If you're thinking of going back, there are still loads of people to play with. 
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Nitth

What he's saying seems right ? 3-4 million in us/eu which leaves 3-4 million in china ( asia )

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I have been running some DPS lately and the queues aren't bad, even at odd times in early morning finding dungeons in less than 15 minutes. Of course tanks and heals are pretty instant.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

last known tally for regional numbers  - WOW was 55% Asian

http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/01/22/world-of-warcraft-hits-10-million-subscribers/

Asia is the biggest market at the moment, with more than 5.5 million players, as compared to North America's 2.5 million and 2 million subscribers in Europe.

• KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    did you seriously just post a 5 year old statistic
  • Bigjac06Bigjac06 Member UncommonPosts: 6

A CRAP TON!!!! 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Kratier

Blizzard is the company that has not given any new regional breakdowns in 5 years

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Just started playing again. Having a blast, my server has a que at peek times. A que for a 10 year old game, i think thats pretty amazing. I read somewhere wod will be hard and a great challange. Cant wait.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    The horde kind of took over illidan it seems..
  • ZangetxuZangetxu Member CommonPosts: 18

yes 7.6 million, in fact a blog stated about WOW and its popularity.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Kratier

Blizzard is the company that has not given any new regional breakdowns in 5 years

Anecdotal of course, but there were a lot of South Koreans playing WoW in 2008. Today, I don't know any South Koreans who play it. The only Blizzard game of interest in S Korea seems to be SC2. 

Of course, there are people playing it here, but not among the uni students. LoL is the all the rage here, now, even over SC2.

If Blizz says 7.5, I believe them, but I don't know the regional breakdown and I have no idea how it's doing in China. But it has fallen off sharply in Korea from what I've seen, and Korea was a huge market for them a few years ago.

That sort of falls in line with what Blizzard said about their losses earlier in the year, that a lot of the loss had come from the eastern markets.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.