Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: The Medic is a Doctor… and a Killer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Information about WildStar has come largely from Carbine Studios....until today. We have a full suite of articles that cover the game in general, PvP, crafting, the Medic and Engineer classes and housing. It's a ton of information that you simply do not want to miss. Read on!

I knew the servers were down on Monday, and coming up Tuesday… but that didn’t stop me from checking every five minutes just in case they pulled a fast one and spun them back up. For my part of our huge series of coverage today, I’m going to talk about the Mordesh (Exile) Medic I played as a Settler, along with some general thoughts and impressions.  I will be playing a Chua Engineer come launch, so as to not spoil that content, I decided to go with the “good guys”. Luckily, the Exiles aren’t as “holier than thou” as the Alliance or Qeynos dwellers of other games. 

Read more of Bill Murphy's WildStar: The Medic is a Doctor… and a Killer.

Even with lower-resolution textures, Nexus is a sight.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    When I first saw the medic I thought of Bill Murphy, not surprised to see you cover it.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Aw, thanks man! Unless that was a "bad" comment.  :)

I'll likely be going Engineer at launch though.  

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Aw, thanks man! Unless that was a "bad" comment.  :)

I'll likely be going Engineer at launch though.  

They are so fun! Have you tried Spellslinger?

Not yet!  Currently trying out a Warrior, which I love the pace of.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

Nope wasn't meant to be bad, just thought it had you written all over it. I think I saw it as a high survivability class like a Guardian.
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Nope wasn't meant to be bad, just thought it had you written all over it. I think I saw it as a high survivability class like a Guardian.

Oh yeah, it's survivable. You have to be careful though, as the medium armor isn't the strongest.  You can go full DPS with your skills at the cost of survivability, or mix and match which I found less powerful in killing, but overall more stable and less glass-cannony.

My Review Manifesto

I am interested in the hydrid healing/dps for pvp, I can't help but think that the classes from a pvp perspective will be balanced skill wise to thier specializations. The medic just has that " Last man standing" feel and thier cinematic introduction to the medic portrayed this to be the case, much like the guardian in gw2.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

How influential is the AMP system?  Lets say, for example, I'm amped for DPS but needed to heal for a dungeon.  Will setting up LAS with heals and wearing healing gear be enough or will I have to respec amps constantly to be viable?

(If you got to try pvp)

Also, I'm curious as to why there is pvp amps for offense and defense but not for heals.  Does pvp healing fall under one of those 2?  Do you know how viable healing is in pvp?

Reason I ask, from the medic livestream the medic heals appeared weak to me.  Sorry for so many questions.  I have about a billion more but I'll leave it at that.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube

Well, the AMP system is a WIP, so I'm hoping that they allow you to switch AMPs per build too.  It would be ideal, because you won't really need all the extra damage with a build geared and spec'd for support.

I'll reach out to some folks and find out.  :)

My Review Manifesto

From Jeremy Gaffney and Hugh Shelton at Carbine, regarding AMP builds:

“AMP selections are indeed saved to each “Action Set” just like Abilities and Ability Tiers. Currently players can gain a maximum of 4 Action Sets, and they earn 2 of those for free (start with 1, gain another through leveling). The final two have to be earned through other means.”

My Review Manifesto

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Ugh Bill Murphy, I'm so jealous!  :D  You are a LUCKY MAN!

No bitchers.

• OrbaliskBaneOrbaliskBane Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Great article. Medic is the only class I haven't played but I will def play after reading this.
  • OrbaliskBaneOrbaliskBane Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Great article. Medic is the only class I haven't played but I will def play after reading this.