Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Critics and "Haters": Be Careful Using the SWTOR Forums.

Hello,

I like to scour the forums every now and then when I'm bored or see if there are any significant PvP updates (I quit as of October 4th), and in posts of several threads I have been getting called out and outright harassed. I've been accused of making multiple accounts (I've only ever had two: MrJurgens and FriendReferral) to go on a trolling spree and hate on the game and attack anyone who enjoys the game in any way. It's even gotten so far as to having other critics being accused of being me, and even me paying other people to go heavily criticize EA, BW and SWTOR on the forums with me.

Firstly, let me just get one thing very clear: During my time on those boards I was a huge critic, but that was because the game shifted toward the CM and that EAware was not trying to prevent the death of the PvP player-base. Additionally, I never called everyone who disagreed with me an apologist and never insulted everyone who defended SWTOR and/or EAware. I actually happen to have a few good friends who quite like SWTOR (one or two who would even consider themselves to be a defender), but these people do welcome critics and don't attack them and complain about "complaining". Also, it wasn't until before the release of 2.5 that I would quit the game indefinitely and possibly for good, and since FriendReferral was just a mule account I decided to go all-out on him on the forums since I really didn't care what would happen to him. A few days before my sub terminated (October 4th), my posts stopped as I got perma'd on FR.

Secondly, a recent "hater" that rose to prominence by the name of TOR-tanic was accused of actually being me. That is not true at all. I have visited those forums, but as of late September I have yet to interact with anyone on the SWTOR forums—with the exception of trying to get in contact with the Community Team, but that was via email and not via the forums. I am not any other "hater" or critic on those forums. I also believe there's only one critic left there.

Thirdly, the SWTOR forums are riddled with apologists that are backed by a heavily biased and unprofessional Community Team. If you say anything whatsoever that is negative about the game and/or EAware, you will not only be called out and harassed during that present time, but you will also be called out and harassed when you stop posting. The Community Team is letting the defenders bend and go as far as to break the rules sometimes when it comes to dealing with the critics, and not only that, but these guys will report your posts for being "trolling" in nature, when they're not, so expect your time on those forums to be short-lived—unless you decide to stay active in a less biased forum; such as the PvP forums, or your Server Group forum.

So if you decide you're going to be a critic, or more popularly known as a "hater", be prepared to embellish MANY of your posts if you wish to receive any form of respect. Also, try not to post in GD frequently, and just visit the forums that lack the bias the GD has. The best course of action to take, however, is to just not post on those forums at all due to its toxicity because of apologists and an unethical Community Team that "endorses" their behavior 99.99% of the time.

Thank you for your time, and as always, I look forward to a mature discussion.

MrJurgens

P.S. I forgot this tidbit but you might also be accused of being me. image

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You aren't a critic, you are a heckler, and clubs generally throw them out once identified.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I have un-nstalled the game and gave my account away. I have no intention of ever going back to that disappointing game. The good thing that I got out of SWTOR was to never again get my hopes up for a game.
  • MrJurgensMrJurgens Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You aren't a critic, you are a heckler, and clubs generally throw them out once identified.

Nope.

It is the fault of the apologists. They lack self-discipline. They don't have to read what bothers me and what bothers other "haters", but they choose to, and end up blowing things out of proportion. Almost no matter how cool, calm and collected the "hater" may be, they will report their posts for being "trolly" and you will have to deal with harsh and amateurish moderation.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Why bother wasting time jumping into a forum of a game that I no longer wish to play just to critique?

I have been playing swg emulators and other games that I've like. Everything is great and I'm happy. Don't even want to concern myself with EA's swtor. It is what I don't like, prolly won't change. I'll let the people who like it do their thing.

It is like if I drive a GT86 why would I jump into a Z3 forum to critique on Z3? I don't like that car, don't care. 

• MrJurgensMrJurgens Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Why bother wasting time jumping into a forum of a game that I no longer wish to play just to critique?

I have been playing swg emulators and other games that I've like. Everything is great and I'm happy. Don't even want to concern myself with EA's swtor. It is what I don't like, prolly won't change. I'll let the people who like it do their thing.

It is like if I drive a GT86 why would I jump into a Z3 forum to critique on Z3? I don't like that car, don't care. 

I think you need to reread the OP. I would never pay to utilize a game's forums if I don't like the game anymore. At the time when I was still actively playing, I was a critical poster and just posted what I agreed/disagreed with. I eventually let my sub lapse, but I'm warning those who are around the disappointed side of things and consider themselves critics to be careful when utilizing the SWTOR forums. They will not receive warm welcomes there, and almost no one in the GD will appreciate their presence there.

Either be a fanboy to be liked on the forums or unsub—or continue playing the game as a critic, but just avoid at least using the GD part of the forums.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Does anyone here actually care about what you did over there, what people think of you over there; how you feel about the people over there or anything that goes on over there at all? Besides didn't we just see you post this same stuff a week or so ago?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by MrJurgens
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Nope.

It is the fault of the apologists. They lack self-discipline. They don't have to read what bothers me and what bothers other "haters", but they choose to, and end up blowing things out of proportion. Almost no matter how cool, calm and collected the "hater" may be, they will report their posts for being "trolly" and you will have to deal with harsh and amateurish moderation.

Personally I never had any issue with critical feedback but there is a difference betwine constructive feedback and being bashfull.

So I doubt critical feedback actually be the reason you got banned, they way you rever to fans strongly suggest this.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Does anybody care?
  • WingclipWingclip Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by emota
    Does anybody care?

Exactly, i thought my wife and her guildies were the only ones left that still pay to play this...

But really why complain about the forums of a game you have not played for couple months. Check any patch notes and move on. Contribute to the game you are playing.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Wingclip
    Originally posted by emota Does anybody care?
    Exactly, i thought my wife and her guildies were the only ones left that still pay to play this...

But really why complain about the forums of a game you have not played for couple months. Check any patch notes and move on. Contribute to the game you are playing.

lots of people pay to play this, people come and go too. or are you just using these forums as your reference?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by baphamet
    Originally posted by Wingclip
    Originally posted by emota Does anybody care?

lots of people pay to play this, people come and go too. or are you just using these forums as your reference?

Good grief. You'd think there was nobody playing anything.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Kyleran You aren't a critic, you are a heckler, and clubs generally throw them out once identified.
    Nope.

It can't possibly be your warped point of view. It has to be the warped point of view of someone else. Now it makes sense.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I think you need to reread the OP. I would never pay to utilize a game's forums if I don't like the game anymore. At the time when I was still actively playing, I was a critical poster and just posted what I agreed/disagreed with. I eventually let my sub lapse, but I'm warning those who are around the disappointed side of things and consider themselves critics to be careful when utilizing the SWTOR forums. They will not receive warm welcomes there, and almost no one in the GD will appreciate their presence there.

Either be a fanboy to be liked on the forums or unsub—or continue playing the game as a critic, but just avoid at least using the GD part of the forums.

Funny isn't it that your last topic similar to this was also locked on this forum? so nope it is not just official forums.

Please take a hint and stop embarrassing yourself.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Didn't we have this exact post maybe from the same poster last week?  Pretty sure nobody on this site will be handing out sympathy cards anytime soon.  So hopefully we won't see this post next week I would think it's against the rules to post the same post over and over...but I could be wrong I guess.
  • MixxathonMixxathon Member UncommonPosts: 28

I have never understood why some people bother with posting negative stuff about a game.....

All that writing takes time, time that could be used to, say, play another game instead.

I, for one, like SWTOR and have since the beginning, and still do. Could it be better? Sure, but it is fun enough for me to play it, and as time goes by it might get even better, or worse, or another game comes along and I will play that instead, who knows?

I have ZERO respect for attention hoggers, whiners, haters and those who take time out of our short lives to be nay-sayers..

It..is..a..frigging... GAME!! A pasttime pleasue. Something to do when there are no other tings that need attention.

...it's only a game....

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by Mixxathon

I have never understood why some people bother with posting negative stuff about a game.....

All that writing takes time, time that could be used to, say, play another game instead.

I, for one, like SWTOR and have since the beginning, and still do. Could it be better? Sure, but it is fun enough for me to play it, and as time goes by it might get even better, or worse, or another game comes along and I will play that instead, who knows?

I have ZERO respect for attention hoggers, whiners, haters and those who take time out of our short lives to be nay-sayers..

It..is..a..frigging... GAME!! A pasttime pleasue. Something to do when there are no other tings that need attention.

...it's only a game....

I've been confused by this also.  This game for example has been out for over two years you read the Swtor threads and you have about the same five who post the same negative stuff on every single thread.  Two years bashing a video game?  Really?  

You can't correct them or call then out they have their finger on the report button they can post lie after lie endless amount of misinformation but you can not (at least on this site ) directly call them out.  If you do be ready to be slapped on the hand.  

The he only thing I can think of is their real life is so lonely, miserable and negative they can't stand watching or hearing about others enjoying something they don't understand or like themselves.  So the only forum to express their misery is on forums like this were their true ident yips hidden behind some avatar. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Guys, there have been other posts about the official forums just recently. Also, please don't bring forum drama from over there to here.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.