Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'I'm coming back for you' - What memorable mob or player did you mark for death?

Comments

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Haha Stitches. Oh and Mor'Ladim.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    The giant robot that roams in the first map of outlands whom some-fucking-how manages to sneak up on you every time despite being 100 feet tall.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Squills on Tatooine in SWG. Because there was one loose in Mos Espa on launch day. A bunch of us lost several of a free clones because of that. But hey, we were the ones that kept running at it trying to kill it. "This time!"

From that day forward, all squills were marked for death by me and a fellow guildie who also suffered at their hands.

• AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 287
    EQ1....Oasis....Lockjaw
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146

Kizdean Gixx!

And then later, Boomba, because 7 seconds into the game I learned that A turned on autoattack, and Ogre Pickle Salesmen had nasty Quad hits.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

WoW pre-Cata, Thousand Needles, a harpie cave on the south side.  Ran it grouped with a guy who could have been Leroy Jenkins.  Everything respawned at once, which yielded an absolute slaughter.  It must have been 20 on 2.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87

Guard Nash in EQ1 Qeynos Hills.

He would always walk by and kill things for me and I wouldn't get experience, drove me nuts.

Between him and Holly Windstalker, nothing ever got done in Qeynos Hills.

• ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39

Asheron's Call , day 1 of launch .

It was my first MMO , i got killed by a Broken Shard . 

Many suits of greater shadow armor were farmed in revenge.

• NajwalaylahNajwalaylah Member UncommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by Alasti
    EQ1....Oasis....Lockjaw
    Yes, very much, Lockjaw.

And Sergeant Slate.

And Guard Hirazen, who was a fat-bellied sack of s&&t.

Casilda Tametomo, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA Lepida Aegis-Imperium.com

«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Really, EQ was the only game I have had this happen.

The Griffin in The East Commonlands was one that I got revenge on :)
    Tovax Vmar and his skeleton pet in Qeynos Hills was another that I got my revenge on.

The werewolf in West Karana was one I never got a chance to satisfy my revenge on.
    The Giant Skunk in Toxullia Forest I never got revenge on, either.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95

By far Ambassador D'vinn from Crushbone (EverQuest).

• RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66

The Brownies in Lesser Feydark.  When I was a young Wood Elf on my first excursion outside of Greater Feydark I came upon one of these evil bastages wandering through the forrest.

That thing chased me, rooted me, DoT'd me up and stood there and watched me die.  Even when I played on an emulator I would go and kill those rotten little things for hours on end.  In my higher levels I was quite happy there was a high level cooking recipe that used brownie meat in a recipe. 

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Stainless72

Holly Windstalker in EQ2.

She always walked in on me and killed me.

Same, but in EQ1, since I had a Dark Elf Necro, but a lot of friends that made characters in Freeport and played there.  Eventually I got faction to where she wouldn't attack me, but once I got higher level I still would ruin it a little to get some payback on her.

PvP wise, I use to keep a notepad for me and my wife of people that were a pain and if we saw them, we would go after them in DAoC and in Vanguard mostly.

Their was a guy in UO that kept attacking a group of us in Shame one time, and he kept killing some of the lower skilled people we were with, that we were trying to skill up and get them money.  I eventually killed him (he was blue still), and I looted everything off of him.  Well we went back to town to sell/bank, and ran into him, so I put on all his clothes/weapons to look like him and was messing with him, we all got a good laugh from it. 

The funniest PKs I remember were in UO, on the Chesapeake server, they were all named after McDonalds food or characters.  So you had like Dread Lord Quarterpounder with cheese or something like that...They hung out up by covetous messing with people for a while...Just was funny getting attacked by those names.

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

Griefer on Ursin, he was an undead rogue, would wait for people going to the boats in wetlands .. i never got ganked by him, but seen his carnage first hand .. 

2 B honest, they made playing exciting .. i missed  the excitement .. and wondered what game he might be playing now .

i tried to make a name for myself in the Hinterlands by ambushing groups doing Jintha"Alor .. was fun, kill the healers when the group pulled a bunch of elites and watch them die before they realized they wasnt getting any heals lol ... i actually ganked a warrior (60) and shaman (56) who were working together, (shaman thought he was a warrior and woudlnt heal) and after they failed to get me the  3rd time the warrior left his body laying on the ground for a whole week .. i was only level 60 myself with no purples, but i loved the challenge .. i would go to the plaguelands and camp one of the farms.  I would only gank a player once unless they tried to retaliate .. The most fun was beating hunters who would throw out flairs and traps thinking that would save them ... miss the old days .. after 60 was no longer the highest level it wasnt as fun anymore ..  

Ive not played the panda expansion .. world PVP was far more fun for me than arenas or BG's and it just seemed to be ruined by each expansion that came next ...

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Sand giants and Spectres in Oasis of Marr.  Lockjaw was usually manageable (at the very least you could escape), but these two MOBs pretty much one shot you if they happened to wander or were trained by the orc camp.

I marked them for death and came back one day and annihilated them all.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

EvilSeed in Lineage 2.

He was a notorious pk'er who pk'ed so many players that he revealed a "bug" in the game whereby his name actually turned from red back to "white" because the game sort or "reset" him after he hit some high number.

He pk'ed me three times and I threw myself into leveling so I could take him out.

In an amusing twist, I ended up getting my character quite high for the time only to learn that he was banned.

He was however a nice guy. He never insulted the people he pk'ed, never really did anything to belittle them, just pk'ed him.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Mischiff

Griefer on Ursin, he was an undead rogue, would wait for people going to the boats in wetlands .. i never got ganked by him, but seen his carnage first hand .. 

2 B honest, they made playing exciting .. i missed  the excitement .. and wondered what game he might be playing now .

i tried to make a name for myself in the Hinterlands by ambushing groups doing Jintha"Alor .. was fun, kill the healers when the group pulled a bunch of elites and watch them die before they realized they wasnt getting any heals lol ... i actually ganked a warrior (60) and shaman (56) who were working together, (shaman thought he was a warrior and woudlnt heal) and after they failed to get me the  3rd time the warrior left his body laying on the ground for a whole week .. i was only level 60 myself with no purples, but i loved the challenge .. i would go to the plaguelands and camp one of the farms.  I would only gank a player once unless they tried to retaliate .. The most fun was beating hunters who would throw out flairs and traps thinking that would save them ... miss the old days .. after 60 was no longer the highest level it wasnt as fun anymore ..  

Ive not played the panda expansion .. world PVP was far more fun for me than arenas or BG's and it just seemed to be ruined by each expansion that came next ...

The kind of behavior that makes it so that all full PvP games fail miserably.

Only when the player stands nothing of tangible value to gain from it, otherwise it makes the games amazing. Asheron's Call(ed), it wants you to retract your comment.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Only two that I remember, both from WOW.

The first was in vanilla - the giant TRex type of beasts.  All I remembered was the ground shaking and a giant foot blocking  my screen as I died.

The second was the damn Fel Reavers in TBC.  Whenever I return to those areas on high level characters I make sure to smash them.  I think they removed the TRex and made him a quest mob though.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

A couple of bounty hunters in SWG tracked and attacked me relentlessly. Hated that a lot, but it was surprisingly fun at the same time. Kinda weird how that works. DeathWatch Bunker felt a bit like torture to me lol. Those damn droids, ugh!

Vanilla WoW Scholomance was basically a disaster waiting to happen with my regular group because of the fear, but also hilarious now that I look back on it.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Kind of says something about current game development when almost all these stories happened in games over 10 years old. Why are games not as engaging or memorable like those.

Anyways, EQ had a bunch of favorites, but the only one I really set out to kill over and over was that bastard giant in Oasis. I had sound problems at the time and couldn't hear his thumping footsteps coming up behind me. I'd look up from my spell book and see people scattering and knew my death was imminent. First, I started gathering others that he had just killed to take him down in groups. Then when able to solo him, I spent days hunting and killing him. I miss things like that in games.

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    That Griffon in East commons. You would hear him coming("Flap, flap"), but by then it was usually too late("SQAUUUK!" *crunch*) LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
  • AsayagaAsayaga Member Posts: 14

Cause back then you where young and innocent and now you're old rotten and spoiled.

This goes in general for everyone who plays 5 years of MMO's or more.

The sence of wonder just "poof" dissapears

My choices are almost every boss in the molten core

Do we live to watch anime?
    Or do we watch anime to live?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198

I'd say most of them were in EQ as far as NPC's go.

There was this guy Ug or something on Darktide who had stupid fast running speed and used claws to gank.  If you ever got him low he would bolt and there was almost no catching him.  I was so happy to kill this guy after all the ganks and attacks lol.