Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: ESO Launching April 4th, 2014 - PVP Detailed in New Video

Comments

• ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87
    The animation, ugh. It looks like their torso is stuck in space-time while their legs move them forward.
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    We'll see... What completely turned me off is the fact that it's not true open world PvP. Like DAoC, 3 faction home areas and 1 meet-in-the-middle mosh pit to duke it out. I want to be able to move into faction territory and push people back a bit and, at the same time, have to watch my back regardless of where  I am in the world or how deep I am into my own faction's territory. This is a game destroyer for me.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    For those wanting a solid PvP experience this might be the game but for those of us like me looking forward to PvE escapades or a spiritual successor to the TES series we'll have to wait a little longer.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Elbone
    The animation, ugh. It looks like their torso is stuck in space-time while their legs move them forward.

Bingo!- u nailed it.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    GW2 done right you mean.  GW2's issues is their WvW zones are extremely small compared to DAoC's.  ESO at least fixes this with a huge area in Cryodiil.  Zergs will occur, just as they did in DAoC but with wide open areas and huge spaces there is room for smaller groups to prevail.  Unlike in GW2.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

Good news... Now all we need is the Wildstar release date and we will know how the summer plays out.

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by evilized
    Originally posted by Boreil
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    GW2? :)

Na trust me, its nothing like GW2 AoC or WaR.

actually you are completely wrong. 

Un no actually, im not at all, the closest thing i would say is Daoc.

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Lets hope they can sort out the running and fighting animations by then :/
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by ppljuice

no ur not wrong, it is a a tad bit like AOC but not much and nothing like GW2 , GW2 gies u every ability for your class and the same weapon abilities all the time, TESO u build what abilities u want on weapons and upgrade them accordingly, secondly you have skill that will level up and change and they cant be changed back once leveled, nothing like any of those games, make one mistake with a skill picking the wrong advancement and boom you are gimp. itstead of messing up on a dex vit build like other games you mess up your skills and u cant go back so..... yeah

i can't go into more detail because of NDA but my first statement still holds true. 

Also, learn how to format your posts man, it is hell trying to read that wall of text.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ppljuice

no ur not wrong, it is a a tad bit like AOC but not much and nothing like GW2 , GW2 gies u every ability for your class and the same weapon abilities all the time, TESO u build what abilities u want on weapons and upgrade them accordingly, secondly you have skill that will level up and change and they cant be changed back once leveled, nothing like any of those games, make one mistake with a skill picking the wrong advancement and boom you are gimp. itstead of messing up on a dex vit build like other games you mess up your skills and u cant go back so..... yeah

i can't go into more detail because of NDA but my first statement still holds true. 

Also, learn how to format your posts man, it is hell trying to read that wall of text.

Only similarities is that there is 3 faction pvp, 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I've logged over a 1000 hours in Skyrim, but I'm not the slightest bit interested in ESO.

If it gets really good player reviews after launch and I like what I see on the "Let's Play..." video's on YouTube, I may give it a try.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

It's actually rather frustrating. I was in the SWTOR beta and couldn't warn people about the iceberg that game was headed towards. Zeni does have a few more months left I guess… Being the only MMO-ish game available on consoles might help it out, who knows.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by bcbully

ESO -  5 million copies sold day 1.

write it down.

May be, but the drop off afterward will be pretty sharp.

Which I am writing down here, I guess.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Played the beta for ten minutes. Character creation was beautiful.. the actual part of playing said character was awful. Biggest MMO letdown of 2014 is in the books.
  • EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Been playing elder scrolls since daggerfall so to say i was biased toward single player experience wouldnt be a lie.
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

They were going to launch 3 days earlier but the irony was too much. Muahahaha.

I KEED! Seriously, just joking. I couldn't resist. :p Good for the fans of the game. They now have a date. So drop the NDA Zeni and let us see what you've got cooking.

I've smelled what they're cooking....it doesn't smell good at all. But then again, everyone has different tastes.

• MmoFluffMmoFluff Member Posts: 12

To soon, you want to release me too soon  Zenimax, what is the meaning of this announcement?

-It´s these mortal suits my lord,  they have invaded our dev-time, and seek to make tons of quick grab cash.

Fool! You allowed these insects to put business above streamlining ? And now you allow them to  decide my release date?!    You have failed me, Zenimax,  A poor launch shall be met indeed.

Now for you insects, boldly you sought to test the game before it was ready, now you shall see it sink first hand!

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's nowhere near ready, and i seriously doubt it will be ready in 5 months, especially knowing they've had years to make this game.  If they couldn't make it better after all this time, then they never will.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    GW2 done right you mean.  GW2's issues is their WvW zones are extremely small compared to DAoC's.  ESO at least fixes this with a huge area in Cryodiil.  Zergs will occur, just as they did in DAoC but with wide open areas and huge spaces there is room for smaller groups to prevail.  Unlike in GW2.

Bigger zones doesn't mean more tactical operations.  It just means more running around.  And you're right, smallers groups don't prevail in gw2.. oh wait, just last night 4 of us took a tower by ourselves, and 2 of us took a supply camp.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by observer
    It's nowhere near ready, and i seriously doubt it will be ready in 5 months, especially knowing they've had years to make this game.  If they couldn't make it better after all this time, then they never will.

That depends on what you mean by "better".

If you mean "make it a different game" then no, they can't.

If you mean polishing, adding voice overs, adding remaining quests then "sure" of course they can.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Morrowind was the best.   I loved the Norse expansion.  Also the mudcrab merchant..  This game better have mudcrab merchants!!
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The video reminded me of the Warhammer Online promotionals, except refit with AOC graphics.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The trailer emphasizes PVP, in a game centered around PVE without open world PVP ..

Is this their target audience?

The trailer had so many fade out's, fade in's, and cut / paste scenes that I'm getting a headache now .. ugh  .. This is Elder Scrolls?  This is a monthly subscription + cashshop ?  GW2 looks the same and is B2P?  I stopped playing GW2 after a few weeks, and I fear that will be the demise of the once great ES brand as well :(

What a shame :(

ps - 1000 credits this is another SWTOR style unfinished release! =-D

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• M.D.33M.D.33 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    What a boring trailer, it looks so old and static.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

A couple of questions:

1) It is my understanding that you need to be level 10 to be allowed in this zone.  Can you level exclusively in this area to max level?

2) Can people fast travel through the land (like GW2 use of waypoints)?