Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like something why not just move on.

Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262

Ok you see it a lot on here a poster clearly dislikes or hated a certain game, this poster will post on every single thread about a game they dislike or hate.  It doesn't matter if the game has been out six years and they are not caught up on the current state of the game or the game is in beta.  These posters continue to post lies and misinformation about video games.  

The other night I was on FB (yeah I know fb? ) and xbox had a post, I enjoy xbox so I follow them I read the comments and it's a bunch of ps boys hating on the xbox!!?? I'm sure there are some xbox guys on ps boards that's not what I'm getting at here.  Why follow something you hate or dislike?  

I have played pretty much every mmo since WoW most I didn't last very long on most and not once did I ever think of trolling the game on websites like this.  

Why does it seem to be getting worse and worse?  You can't go on any site and not run into these posters that are there for one purpose and that's to disrupt any possible conversation about a game or console.  

Am I in the wrong to think this behavior is not mature, healthy or normal?  

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Kicksave321

Ok you see it a lot on here a poster clearly dislikes or hated a certain game, this poster will post on every single thread about a game they dislike or hate.  It doesn't matter if the game has been out six years and they are not caught up on the current state of the game or the game is in beta.  These posters continue to post lies and misinformation about video games.  

The other night I was on FB (yeah I know fb? ) and xbox had a post, I enjoy xbox so I follow them I read the comments and it's a bunch of ps boys hating on the xbox!!?? I'm sure there are some xbox guys on ps boards that's not what I'm getting at here.  Why follow something you hate or dislike?  

I have played pretty much every mmo since WoW most I didn't last very long on most and not once did I ever think of trolling the game on websites like this.  

Why does it seem to be getting worse and worse?  You can't go on any site and not run into these posters that are there for one purpose and that's to disrupt any possible conversation about a game or console.  

Am I in the wrong to think this behavior is not mature, healthy or normal?  

For the same reason you come online and rant about negative posts, if you don't like it. Why not move on?

Well I wouldn't call that a rant.  But I don't come on to read negative post or lies and misinformation on something I have interest in, I'm not talking about valid opposition either that's always good to have..  I am just trying to understand the purpose of following something you hate.  If I had the choice to turn off hate post on here or fb but that's not an option see the difference ?  
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    misery loves company.
  • st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155

It's our society.  People are more inclined to complain about things than praise.  It is not limited to gaming as I see it all over the place (especially on Facebook).  People comment on football team pages that are not even fans talking about their most recent game.

Even reviews people would much rather take the time to rant about a product or service, but will spend little effort to praise a product or service that did them right.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    People in gaming forums are in 2 segments, Ones who want better quality, but at times do whine; and Ones who are ok with things, or living in apathy; and at times mistaking demands for better quality can be seen as whines from the apathitics
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    They have their agenda and it suits their purpose to post the way they do.

You can fight back by reporting chronic abusers and/or placing them on ignore.

It actually is perfectly normal and expected if you understand human behavior.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    People are unable to move on and let people who actually like something enjoy  it, they would rather. They would rather try to turn it into something they like than leave it alone.

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    They have their agenda and it suits their purpose to post the way they do.

You can fight back by reporting chronic abusers and/or placing them on ignore.

It actually is perfectly normal and expected if you understand human behavior.

Oh I agree on the 1st two points.  And pretty sure I have a good understanding of personal behavior but posting on a video game one you don't play, two you hate , three the games been out for X yrs doesn't seem normal to me.  But I guess your right that person could very well consider it normal.  
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Sometimes I think some of the games just really pi$$ some people off for some reason.  Often other times, it's just posters doing it to get a rise out of the fans and nothing more,..i.e. trolling.  Nothing new at MMORPG.com

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    actually noone of you did get it. That behaviour occurs when ppl are not happy in their life- they are critical on something for the sole reason trying to find  a answer with that frustration by moving people in in a box made of  dispair. dig it.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

People don't buy games or features, they buy promises. Even if the promises are only things they made up in their heads. Broken promises, even the ones that were just made up from nothing, make people angry.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• weightscaleweightscale Member Posts: 5

I can't tell if a negative post/poster is just being a hater or is actually criticizing for the good of whatever it is he/she is criticizing. Although some posts are obvious...but some I really can't tell. I did see or read somewhere that our brain has a negativity bias of some sort...maybe that's why they hold on to the negatives.

• ElGrizzlyBearElGrizzlyBear Member Posts: 5

I feel like it can be both a good thing and a bad thing. I am of the opinion that if someone is trying to explain why they do not like a game or something else entirely for that matter, it should be done with honest opinions and facts that attest to their view on the subject matter. This is a good thing in my book because it allows other people who may be on the tipping point of the subject to get some insight into both the positive and negative aspects regarding whatever it may be. For games, it also allows the developers to gain some feedback on what the players are becoming fed up with and possibly consider looking into what they can do to appease the players within certain boundaries.

At the same time the people who post along the lines of "this sux, i hate this and am never coming back/using this again" without any real evidence or factual support to their opinion are not doing any favors for themselves or for the community they're trying to reach. I have seen this type of post and rant a lot over the last couple years and I feel that it is useless. I know people can get tired and frustrated with certain things but how does it help fix the problem? Feedback is great but sometimes a person needs to call it quits if they are not getting any help with their issue or are not doing anything positive for themselves on the subject. This is just my opinion on this matter.