Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Nu Wa God Giveaway!

Comments

• Yuk0raYuk0ra Member UncommonPosts: 35
    The targeting system that requires skill from the player, the perspective that really gets you into character and the really awesome god design.
  • The third person view in smite allows way better control of the characters.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

SMITE is one of those very unique type of games that really show off a genre's best qualitys, its very safe to say that smite is the reason why I play MOBA to this very day. Smite is the only MOBA that I play, and I was very honored to get into the beta early on. I couldn't resist the third person, 3D graphics at all! or Noodle (AO) for that matter!

SMITE is the best MOBA to play! :D

ill take my key to go please :3 with wrappings ontop! (Pretty Bow ontop included)

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I enjoy how much skill it takes to aim your skills!

• ipwnj000ipwnj000 Member Posts: 1
    Because it's not League of Legends.
  • ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64
    I love the fact that the Gods in the game are inspired by real life mythology, instead of made up characters like in other MOBAs.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I've actually been thinking about this lately (why is SMITE such an amazingly fun game?). I think it's because it has enough complexity and skill that you expect from a MOBA game, combined with that FPS / twitch feel that makes you feel a lot more in control of your character.

Mechanically it falls somewhere in between league & dota 2, but it also makes it very easy to get into games that are fun, unlike a game like DotA 2 which tends to have longer Que times, especially if you're queing solo.

I also love the art style, and how they get creative with some of the game modes (last one I played was literally 5 zeus' vs. 6 zeus', hilarious!) SMITE is currently my favorite MOBA and I hope it continues to grow and become more popular.

• lordmayhemlordmayhem Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Because Hi-Rez know how to make SMITE EPIC.
  • ZorkenZorken Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Its great game, Everything i want from a MOBA

Benjamin Franklin wrote the best quote to use for MMOs in development.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• mavrickabbmavrickabb Member UncommonPosts: 8
    love this game
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Everything I wanted from Monday Night combat, but better.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Well to me smite is so much better than any other moba i have tried because its in a third person view and its skills are more skill based. as in you need to do some kind of aiming for alot of them. the fact that you can dodge skills by moving also adds a dynamic that i like alot.
  • solus_94solus_94 Member Posts: 1

I personally think smite is awesome, I've played it like 2-8 hours a day since August last year and it's been a great year!

Love the game, keep up the good work hi-rez!

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Because it uses mythology and does such a great game in blending it all into a game. 

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Been playing since beta and its my go to game for if i wanna play something that's fun but have to leave in a hour etc got some of my friends to play as well , we actually made it our main game there for a while :)

Witty & Wicked >:)

• Ever-AngelEver-Angel Member Posts: 46
    decent game but only if its with a few friends.
  • DariusRivenDariusRiven Member UncommonPosts: 17
    3rd person MOBA, it is fun.
  • HerakHerak Member Posts: 20
    because I'm playing it

Xp>vista>2000>98se>98>95>3.1>dos>linux0.54beta1>Hamster Running in a wheel>milenium

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

Love this MOBA, I bought a special for 24 euros- all gods and future gods, so whenever a new one's released I can pop in and try it out.

just wish the community, like any other competitive community, would lighten up. It's overconsumption, we're all playing Bacchus, and there's still that one guy who has to shriek about how everyone sucks

• ragatkeeragatkee Member Posts: 1

This game is good because:

1. 3D MOBA. We dont have nowadays many 3d moba.

2. It is based on mythology, i am really interested in history, and smite gods are from history, so its very interesting for me to play this game

3. Smite community is really good.

4. All gods are good, mostly balanced.

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141
    I have the ultimate God pack so I'm just here to say this is a genuinely fun game. I love it and have played since last July-ish.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

I never expected to like Smite so much after i first tried it back in Closed Beta, even if i'm very interested in folklore and mythology. I'm not sure if it was the camera angle/view, or the amazing graphics or the fact that you need to aim your attacks and most of the skills, the animations, or the voice alerts and emotes, but it sure got me playing even to this day.

And like the icing on the cake, the community in this game is just great. I NEVER, so far got flamed, not even once. People are so positive and you always meet nice players around. The other day my team asked me to jungle and while it was my first time jungling, they supported me all through the match.

What else can i say? Keep up the good work Hi-rez and i'm looking forward to some more contemporary deities. Can't wait to see Jesus in action (i can already see him as a support oriented God, healing, resurgence and all that)

• ExalonExalon Member Posts: 1
    It has all the benefits from the MOBA genre. But what really makes it special for me is moments like when I had a Guan Yu chasing me. I had almost no HP left yet was able to dodge his hit by strafing and quickturning for 3-4 secs. Which was enough for my team to come to my rescue! The hit/dodge skill that is required for a lot of the abilities and normal attacks just makes it something special for me.
  • AbrohamAbroham Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Having played LoL since it was first released, Smite is a breath of fresh air with its unique combat system and beautiful graphics.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    If you and your team know that a game is going to be a loss you can vote surrender and move onto the next game. This system also stops people spamming surrender and the majority of the team has to agree it.
This discussion has been closed.