Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Fan Created Video Takes a Look Back

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As the days of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning draw to a close, a terrific fan-created video takes a look back at the game, its lore and history. With nearly a half-hour of game footage, it's a fitting tribute for the game's final days.

Thanks to Warhammerbp for the tip.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Thanks for the nice video. It brought back memories of amazing time spent in Warhammer.

I had a long sub period for this game and i loved it, too bad the companies that came to manage it were a joke and never really implemented updates or did serious maintenances (bug fixes and needed tweaks). Such a shame this game had to fall because of company failures.

R.I.P. Warhammer and thanks for the fun

• lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162

I had a lot of fun and excitement in this game!

Too bad they didn't have three factions. Too bad they had too many zones to fight in. Too bad they gave points and gear for taking empty keeps so that the armies avoided eachother instead.

But I had a lot of fun. A little sad to see it go even though I'm sure I wouldn't go back again anyway. I have tried. But to go back to a game without all your old friends and heroes and enemies always make me quit again.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    This is one game I regret not playing at launch when it had a population and was at it's prime. Played it years later when it went free to play and enjoyed it but the servers were empty. If only there had been a third faction as intended it could have been something special.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    I remember when Warhammer killed Warcraft. That was a good day.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Nice
  • Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

The best MMO and PVP. I'm gonna miss this game. :(

Order:

Tomate WP

Nitroglicerina BW

Aliranna WW

Marienne KotBS

Placeboo AM

Destro:

Shiima DoK

MobRules Zea

Sabbathical Sorc

And big thanks for all my friends of hCore and Gummy Bears. Yeah good years we had together in this game.

(Turisas - Those were the days)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5vZ1hEl3k

RIP War! Whaaagh!

Go to hell!

• MoenskiMoenski Member Posts: 16

Played this game at launch for about 6-9 months, some of the best times I've had in an MMO were in WAR. Crimson Imperium Reborn will always be in my memories.

Shinja - Chaos Chosen

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

whaaaaagh!... and Nurthin' But Da waaaagh!

Man i loved my goblin shaman in War. Really too bad it never really stuck for most people. the RvR was so fun, but i do agree that tier 3 and 4 pvp was just ridiculous with all the CC especially in the beginning (until they nerfed it, just too late). Still the classes actually had character and grit. 

it just felt....small, and repetitive. the PvE was very boring. Oh well, we'll always have the memories...

• The best game I've ever played... I played War till they announced that War will shut down. Thanks for all these amazing times with an amazing community. I'll miss my guild :(. Thanks for everything  you did for us. Greetings for any I'd mana tap that members out there and thanks for the great fun :(.
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Is it just me, or does the guy narrating that video sound like Elijah Wood? 

• Sk8trdudeSk8trdude Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Than you so much for bringing back soon many memories of the one and true game that surpassed them all.  It brought feeling of a true mmorpg.  I will truly miss this game.   
  • GendgiGendgi Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Amazing video, great job

-Meow -

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by umcorian

Is it just me, or does the guy narrating that video sound like Elijah Wood? 

Its just you, I hope, The narrator is a woman.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Never liked this game.  Always thought the time spent in it was a waste.  Chalk it up to a very bad design.  Not sure who was more at fault, games workshop or mythic, probably both.  
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Fun for a few months, the classes were great and the game looked good, just dull PVE and PVP felt broken, DAOC did it better though.