Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG The Combat

124»

Comments

• NurvusNurvus Member Posts: 18

The problem is not the global cooldown.

It would be fine to have a 2.5 global cooldown if your character did something meaningful during that time.

Instead, you have a ~1.0s animation and a ~1.5s wait time.

---

@Randayn

10 times more challenging than any MMO out there?

You're not playing the same FFXIV:ARR I did.

The dungeons are long, compared to the crappy 5-15 minutes of today's WoW. I loved Blackrock Depths in Vanilla, for example.

But difficult? Bhahaha!

The only difficulty I had was trying to find interesting ways to defeat the encounters.

They are so "clear cut" that I only had fun the first time I beat each boss.

I did that boss where you have to draw living flames to the boss (and kill the adds that try to kill the flames) so that they explode and take away its health, on the first try, without knowing what to do, in a group where no one knew each other.

We tested various things until we discovered what we had to do, and from there, it was cake. But the process of discovering the tactic on our own was fun.

However, the 2nd time I did any of the dungeons, was so easy I almost cried.

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by ZizouX

Because Wow's combat has a very fast GCD... there's literally no consequence to using one ability over another, because a second later, you can use the other ability.   you're spamming abilities without any thought or preparation.

That is absolute rubbish.

A button masher is suboptimal in every way except unless you are confining yourself to killing spiders in the forest.