Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guys, lets try to remember, this is still an MMORPG

And thats not a bad thing, at all. The reason i am posting this is because im noticing people getting skeptical.

Being skeptical is fine, but im talking over-skeptical. The type of people who are comparing the game to Skyrim, and every little difference makes them mad or loose faith in the game.

Lets try to remember, this is still an MMORPG. 

Here is an example of what im trying to say:

(This is what i hear people say, A LOT.)

"That screenshot is ugly, those graphics suck."- To these types of people, have you ever even played an MMO? From what i have seen, TESO's graphics are great for an MMORPG to be honest with you. But thats subjective i suppose.'

TESO actually is offering a lot for a MMORPG to be honest. I mean, its promising a crime system, its got the mages guild and fighters guild and ect., any class can use any armor type and weapon, heck, its even got 1st person view on it!

And for me, thats enough to be optimistic.

Thanks.

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    First.
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    ba man im hugely disapointed in this tittle it had potential to be the next new thing but instead its just the same with new  bling   they had a oppertunity to   do something new we all hoped prayed  cried out but what they do the same old thing just  with more flash apeal  tab targetting system broke my hart
  • Did you play the beta? 

If not i can tell your only paying attention to the bad things of TESO. (And there are far more good things... more unique MMO things.)

If you have played the beta..... you must have played it for like 3 levels....

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Personally, I'm trying to forget it.....
  • Originally posted by Tatercake
    ba man im hugely disapointed in this tittle it had potential to be the next new thing but instead its just the same with new  bling   they had a oppertunity to   do something new we all hoped prayed  cried out but what they do the same old thing just  with more flash apeal  tab targetting system broke my hart

Have you played the beta?

if not i can tell your only paying attention to the bad things of TESO. (And there are far more good things... more unique MMO things.)

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

I have little hope in this game,...really,..I am that jaded.  expecting more of the same ol'same ol.

but I'll admit I will be right there on release day,  yelling at my patcher to hurry up,  like anyone else!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its an online world  placed in tamriel build on elder scrolls lore...

i think that describes it well enough

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Tatercake

I can't tell if you're talking about ESO or some 3rd world dictator...  I think you need some perspective in your life.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Yeah, but people here want "modded skyrim" lol.  And a pony.

You make me like charity

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior
    Originally posted by Tatercake

Have you played the beta?

if not i can tell your only paying attention to the bad things of TESO. (And there are far more good things... more unique MMO things.)

The people who wanted a giant Elder Scrolls open PVP full loot sandbox will never be happy with this game even though that was never in the cards to happen.  Morrowind is probably the most sandbox of all the TES games and everyone since than has been slowly getting more and more structured as time moves on.  I'm not sure why anyone would expect ESO to go backwards.

That's not to say that early builds of ESO didn't lacked way to much of what made the single player games work so well but I do think the developers took a step back and have been reworking somethings to make them feel more like a Elder Scrolls game since than.  I'm not in Beta so really only have what I'm reading, seeing in videos and hearing from people in Beta to go on however.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

Change that to loosely based on elder scrolls lore....

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by asmkm22

No people wanted a new MMO, that had skill based systems, and non linear quest lines. Not world of new war craft based on Elder scrolls. 

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

And thats not a bad thing, at all. The reason i am posting this is because im noticing people getting skeptical.

Being skeptical is fine, but im talking over-skeptical. The type of people who are comparing the game to Skyrim, and every little difference makes them mad or loose faith in the game.

"That screenshot is ugly, those graphics suck."- To these types of people, have you ever even played an MMO? From what i have seen, TESO's graphics are great for an MMORPG to be honest with you. But thats subjective i suppose.'

TESO actually is offering a lot for a MMORPG to be honest. I mean, its promising a crime system, its got the mages guild and fighters guild and ect., any class can use any armor type and weapon, heck, its even got 1st person view on it!

Thanks.

After reading your replies to other people, you're basically the other part of the spectrum (fanboy). Glad you enjoy the game but people have a right to be "overly" skeptical about the game. It's just not as good as they could of made it.

The whole "it's an MMORPG" is not an excuse of making something mediocre at best. The genre is saturated with mediocrity because people just want a new MMO to play for 1-3 months so they give in and say it "offers a lot" when in reality TESO offers the same systems just with a different coating on it. You expect something a bit more epic, especially with something that has "The Elder Scrolls" in the title. I haven't seen anything in the alpha/beta(s) I've played to warrant buying the game and it keeps getting worse each beta I am invited to, if they are doing market research then they are talking to the wrong people as they aren't listening to beta testers.

When it comes down to it, these posts, comments, just don't matter. If you like the game you will sub, if not you will move on just like the past 9-10 years.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Thanks.

Relative to the cesspool of MMOs out there,

you're absolutely right,

TESO is leaps and bounds better than what's out there.

Relative to former TES games such as Skyrim,

TESO doesn't quite live up to the Elder Scrolls name.

And that, in my mind, is the biggest concern.

Because a watered-down Elder Scrolls experience may not be received well by devout Elder Scrolls fans.

• Originally posted by superconducting

Because a watered-down Elder Scrolls experience may not be received well by devout Elder Scrolls fans.

But, it should be enough to actually be better than general mmorpgs. Thats were im going with this.

• tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by superconducting

Relative to the cesspool of MMOs out there,

you're absolutely right,

TESO is leaps and bounds better than what's out there.

It's not leaps and bounds better than what's out there.  That's your opinion, don't state it as fact.

I am of the opinion that a majority of experienced MMO players are going to play this game and realize that it's just plain bad and go back to whatever they were playing before it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Just about right there with you.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Mortal online, made by a small independent developer.   Granted they bit off way more then they could chew, but they aren't a Bethesda or Zenimax. 

Mortal online is an MMO.  Mortal online is skill based, non instanced, and a sandbox. 

"it's an MMO" isn't an excuse.  

You're just saying the same things that Zenimax said when they first announced the game.  "It's an MMO" so we have to make it this way.  However, they said it best. 

They're making the game in a way that MOST people who have already played an MMO (read: People who've already played WoW) will be familiar.  The very first game informer article about it had them pretty much saying, literally, we want the game to be as recognizable in it's function to anyone that's ever played World of Warcraft. 

It's a game made to capitalize on a name. 

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I think its been developed from the start with the new gen consoles in mind and its going to not be much for PC Gamers, just like the ES series has become console centered, this game is going right for that audience. If I were a console fanboy I would pick up the game. 
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    There are a lot of things I like about ESO, but the main thing I don't like is a killer for me, and that is the combat. Can't stand it. Never really liked clicking the mouse for attacks, blocks etc. I played a decent amount, and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't mind the skills that went to the hotbar, but over all, the combat doesn't appeal to me.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Vynt
    There are a lot of things I like about ESO, but the main thing I don't like is a killer for me, and that is the combat. Can't stand it. Never really liked clicking the mouse for attacks, blocks etc. I played a decent amount, and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't mind the skills that went to the hotbar, but over all, the combat doesn't appeal to me.

It was designed to be played with a controller.

Originally posted by makasouleater69

No people wanted a new MMO, that had skill based systems, and non linear quest lines. Not world of new war craft based on Elder scrolls. 

I honestly don't understand this comparison at all.  I never felt like I was playing a WoW clone, to be honest.  I had to go out and find quests, and skills got better as I used them.

You make me like charity

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

Think i'm just going to get wildstar. At least carbine isn't trying to lie about their game and pass it off as something it 100% is not.

But who knows, maybe they will rebuild it from the ground up before they release to actually resemble a TES game in gameplay and not just visuals.

Originally posted by Fearum

That isn't really true at all.  Porting it to consoles came pretty recently (last few years).

You make me like charity

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Fearum

That isn't really true at all.  Porting it to consoles came pretty recently (last few years).

The games only been in development for the "last few years". 

If they only decided to port it in the "last few years" then that decision was made at the same time they started actual development.  Or otherwise known as, from the beginning.