Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] Origins Of Malu: End of Year Update Dev Blog

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com has partnered with the Origins of Malu team to bring our readers a first-look at how the game will round out the year in its development cycle. Check it out and leave your thoughts in the comments.

Let’s start off by acknowledging that we have been very quiet over the last few months.  While it would be nice to say that it’s been because we've been invited to all the cool parties, going on cruises, and sitting beachside, unfortunately the life of an unfunded indie company is quite different. 

What this does mean is that we spend more time working on the important stuff like game play, graphics, environments, etc.  After our first Alpha/Beta test we had a tremendous amount of feedback to compile and produce a game plan around.  We have been using this time to good effect incorporating some of the feedback and generally making the gameplay better.  We have also added in some gameplay elements that we did not have ready for the first beta run.  Amongst all of this we have also been exploring options with potential publishers.

Read more Origins of Malu: End of Year Update Dev Blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    o nice i hope the old beta testers still get to test when it comes back up
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    So glad this didnt die, I thought it was dead.  Really excited for this,  Love the combat system details
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Dev team is odd, they kept promising dates and missing them by a landslide. Then apologize and promise more dates. Apologize for those missed date only to give more promised date in the same apology letter. Very unprofessional IMO, use to follow this game and was a tester, the company and the quality turned me far away from it. Like the other poster I thought it was dead as well.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Man I'm really pulling for these guys. I tried to get into the forst beta, but to say there were a lot of problems would be an understatement. I comend them though for knowing they have a solid concept and putting it in front of the people. 

When the next beta starts I will be there at open, like I was last time. Hopefully I'll be able to get it running this time :p

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tkacidtkacid Member Posts: 17

We have made mistakes and I am sure we will make more. Vigilance and stamina is something we have a lot of and we will not quit until our vision has been realized. If our vision does not fly that is one thing but I do agree our dates have slipped and what is the saying "hell paved with good intentions" lessons learned and we trying to get better and we will but there will be bumps on the way there!. 

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Good to hear that this game  is still alive - there was literally nothing since what - April? 

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• lithislithis Member UncommonPosts: 3
    If you're in need of money do a paid beta, get people preordering.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by lithis

Charge like 9-10$. Give those people some swag, and give them the first 2-3 months VIP/sub for free. Maybe even consider a no wipe server for those people once the pre-launch build is ready. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Got to love this community.  Majority complain about paid betas.  Posters recommend devs do one.  lol

Steam: Neph

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by lithis

They've been working as volunteers on the project for 3+ years