Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New "Division" vid: The future of graphics

124»

Comments

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    What OP suggested looks to me more like some regular video trailer for game that ALWAYS looks better then ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. There were present FEW SECONDS of gameplay for which I'm not even sure if was ACTUAL gameplay at all. I will believe when i see actualy gameplay with all HUD elements.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard Originally posted by Chattaway and the PC master race finally realizes its the consoles that advance game engines :) in 7 years why have we never had a pc dev make this weather system or level of detail? it takes a next gen console, division is only added to pc now because people asked for it and ubisoft decided to allow it, i doubt it will come out at same time prob a month or two later to make it exclusive to consoles.
    It's more like the advanced game engines are first developed on PCs since they will always have the most advanced hardware, and then are adapted to consoles once those have caught up with the actual technology.   And anyone disputing that PCs have the most advanced hardware aren't even worth paying attention to. The actualy hardware of those new PS4 and XBox One is completely crushed by any modern gaming PC, and you don't even need the best processor and graphic card for that.
    well if you're gonna get technical, personal computers do not have the most advanced hardware ;)  
    when advances to the hardware are made though, its usually straight to PC, but that doesnt take away the fact that the 'next gen' consoles are at 'best' the equivalent of mid range PC's, though with the Xbone's useage of DDR3 for graphics, im not sure 'next gen' is really applicable, especially when you consider the Xbone doesnt actually have higher definition than the Xbox 360, same resolution in fact 1280x720. which pretty much puts it on the same par as your average laptop, though most of them even are able to handle 1440x 900. To me it seems like the limitations of the Xbone are going to be holding back games until the next generation, again, although with the PS4 outselling the Xbone, its possible we might see some improvement, but again, we're seeing limits of 1920 x 1080 even with the PS4.Its only a matter of time before there's another advance in GPU's etc available for the PC, and once again we're going to have the problem of the consoles just not being able to handle games that are on PC, which means the 'mass market' that usually develops games multiplatform for PC/Consoles, is going to focus on the lowest denominator, in terms of hardware. With few taking the risk of developing for PC, barring MMO's perhaps, which are really the domain of the PC.

How many actual games does this affect you, personally? I call bullshit on all you guys lol. Seriously, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to gaming. Refuse to play something because of a controller or lower resolution? lol come on. Same people saying that are the ones that gloat about their 5 dollar deal they got on steam from some game that came out ten years ago. Double standard imho.
  • Kasp3rKasp3r Member Posts: 67
    Would be nice if we could see these graphics in gameplay footage

Originally posted by Kasp3r
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Kasp3r

woah this is crazy.. Next gen has arrived I guess

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Yeah Ubisoft is top dog right now in the graphics dept. Snowdrop engine is crazy good. They are slowly testing the mmo waters with each new game, adding more and more players online in their worlds. I predict this gen, Ubisoft announces a full on mmorpg. Then half the current mmo devs will just give up lol.

Damn imagine they would make a Star Wars MMO.

OMG lots of MMOs will go down now that this kind of tech sets the new standards.

LOL @ SWTOR  for example... looks like a piece out of a museum in comparison, not even mentioning WoW

The Division and Star Citizen are setting the new MMO standards right now 

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

I like how everyone is posting the E3 Press Demo as actual gameplay graphics.

You guys realize that shit is staged, always looks better than ACTUAL in-game footage, and has the sole purpose of selling the game, right?

It won't look like that when it actually releases. Close, but not this "AMG PHOTOREELIZM". Just look at - I don't know - almost any E3 demo, they're all far better than what was / is released.

Marketing hype. Eat it all up.

( Hint: I actually like the game, though. Looks fun. )

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by C1d0s
    I like how everyone is posting the E3 Press Demo as actual gameplay graphics.

You guys realize that shit is staged, always looks better than ACTUAL in-game footage, and has the sole purpose of selling the game, right?

It won't look like that when it actually releases. Close, but not this "AMG PHOTOREELIZM". Just look at - I don't know - almost any E3 demo, they're all far better than what was / is released.

Marketing hype. Eat it all up.

( Hint: I actually like the game, though. Looks fun. )

There is actual game play footage, from back in June or July. It starts at about 1:09 in the video. The actual game play footage looks pretty good.

Oops. Foomerang already posted this. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

How many actual games does this affect you, personally? I call bullshit on all you guys lol. Seriously, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to gaming. Refuse to play something because of a controller or lower resolution? lol come on. Same people saying that are the ones that gloat about their 5 dollar deal they got on steam from some game that came out ten years ago. Double standard imho.

Insult and exaggerate much?Just because these things don't matter to you doesn't mean they are inconsequential to others.

Also it's more accurate to say that AAA Games are now starting using better engines because the install base of people using machines(PC and Console) that can run them are now financially viable to develop for or are foreseen to be in the near future.The advancements that those engines are now using have been around for years.No one sector of the market be it xbox,playstation or PC is large enough on it's own to drive Third Party AAA game publishers to spend money on making technically advanced game engines like the one discussed in this thread unless subsidized by Sony or Microsoft like they do first party devs.

Some of you come off as arrogant as the so called PC Master Race elitists.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Chattaway
    and the PC master race finally realizes its the consoles that advance game engines :) in 7 years why have we never had a pc dev make this weather system or level of detail? it takes a next gen console, division is only added to pc now because people asked for it and ubisoft decided to allow it, i doubt it will come out at same time prob a month or two later to make it exclusive to consoles.

It's more like the advanced game engines are first developed on PCs since they will always have the most advanced hardware, and then are adapted to consoles once those have caught up with the actual technology.

And anyone disputing that PCs have the most advanced hardware aren't even worth paying attention to. The actualy hardware of those new PS4 and XBox One is completely crushed by any modern gaming PC, and you don't even need the best processor and graphic card for that.

You missed the point, it's the power of the consoles that dictate what tech becomes common in gaming. They're the threshold by which tech in gaming evolves. THere are few exceptions to this as PC gaming has far fewer exclusive titles than it did years ago.

We can go on and on about PC's having more technical capability, it's a moot point when 90% of the projects out there will not utilize it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by Foomerang How many actual games does this affect you, personally? I call bullshit on all you guys lol. Seriously, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to gaming. Refuse to play something because of a controller or lower resolution? lol come on. Same people saying that are the ones that gloat about their 5 dollar deal they got on steam from some game that came out ten years ago. Double standard imho.  
    Insult and exaggerate much?Just because these things don't matter to you doesn't mean they are inconsequential to others.

Also it's more accurate to say that AAA Games are now starting using better engines because the install base of people using machines(PC and Console) that can run them are now financially viable to develop for or are foreseen to be in the near future.The advancements that those engines are now using have been around for years.No one sector of the market be it xbox,playstation or PC is large enough on it's own to drive Third Party AAA game publishers to spend money on making technically advanced game engines like the one discussed in this thread unless subsidized by Sony or Microsoft like they do first party devs.

Some of you come off as arrogant as the so called PC Master Race elitists.

Its not arrogance, I'm just tired of hearing people attribute the decline of gaming to an overblown theory. I cant seem to find anyone to show me a video game for pc that looks better than The Division. I really want to see that. And not some tech demo or thousand dollar flight sim software. Id also like to know which games that people are actually playing that they feel are being held back by their console counterparts. Id also like to know why these same people are rallying for more streamlined combat on one hand, and in the other hating on console mmos because they dont have enough buttons (never mind the fact that you can map 40+ button combos easily on a gamepad, which is more than most bloated mmos).

Sorry if i came off harsh.