Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is not worth playing due to Dupe.

Here is why

Do you remember many months ago when the game was still in Beta, and many of us told Perfect World to wipe the servers due to Duplication Exploits, well the game was ruined because of this, they never banned all the cheaters from the game, and I want to show you the reason I don't play the game myself.

http://feverclan.com/forums/323-neverwinter/22108-games-entire-economy-screwed.html

http://imgur.com/a/xNjTH#0

http://imgur.com/a/A0j7k  Disrespecting Members.

You see my friend was a member of this community their name Katarina, and this community has had multiple members cheating in online games. You can clearly see in the #5 post where a user admits to duplicating over 20 million in Astro diamonds months ago to buy some items from their main account.

This folks is why the game economy was ruined from the start, and the reason that PWI needed to wipe the game and start over while the game was in Beta, players abusing bugs, and exploits, and it doesn't end here you expect me to believe that a user only duplicated 20 million in astro's when the game Guild was caught in another online game League OF Legends handing out free Power Leveling to other users on their accounts, and cheating in other online games with hacks.

Do you know why this member was banned from their forum, and TS, they were banned because they got upset at all the cheating and called it out in League OF Legends they made a threat to expose the cheating because nothing was being done about it, some of these cheaters in deep violation of the Guilds rules have been let back into the community despite the Exploiting.

http://imgur.com/a/h5laB

Yes the user people with the game tags of Crappy Aim, and his brother BlobX were members of the clan for quite some time, all they would do is troll League chat, and the day the they admit to illegally DOSing the Fever server our friend Kat got involved in the debate, they were banned for threatening to expose these no good for nothing cheaters rather than their community saying show us the evidence and we will take care of it.

Bottom Line, I was not asked to post this on behalf of anyone, but as People I know of have been treated wrong, in fact when we all ask why was "X" user banned, we get a response they were banned for being disrespectful to others but the only disrespect they ever showed was the hate for the cheaters in the community, perhaps instead of allowing this they should have actually said "I understand you are upset, if you have evidence please get on TS, and show us." But instead they chose to make things personal at someone who was very upset at these cheaters while they were a member/guest of the community, and got banned while breaking no rules posted on this site as there are no rules about chat moderation outside the server they rent, However one rule applies to all cheaters or is supposed to.

Rule #4 http://feverclan.com/forums/6-rules-information/97-feverclan-standard-rules.html which talks about any type of cheating or hacking in an online game. I can understand using an exploit by mistake, or bug without knowledge the first time, but as soon as you experience a bug or exploit you should contact support and let them know about it, not abuse it even for testing purposes, but even just to gain an unfair advantage on your main account.

How many of you would allow this in your community. And perhaps it goes to show that big numbers don't always mean drama-free gaming community. Many people I know and myself have be part of many gaming community that are small, and from experience those that are small, we have never had a single cheater but joining a community that boasts about its members having lots of active players you get this.

But even worse, PWI refused to reset the servers during Beta, I personally sent in a support ticket and made them aware of the duplication exploit and that it was highly abused, and this is the reason no one should even play the game.

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by N00bCann0n1

But even worse, PWI refused to reset the servers during Beta, I personally sent in a support ticket and made them aware of the duplication exploit and that it was highly abused, and this is the reason no one should even play the game.

Grow up and get over it. This is a multi million dollar business, you dont know the reasons behind this. 

And aimtools in LoL dont help you win games. i know that, i used them too.

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    The old rumors of the cash shop currency / gold dupe conversion are what made me avoid Neverwinter. Literally that rumor came out a month after Neverwinter was out of beta. How does a company fail that badly? I would've given Neverwinter a shot if they had wiped trhe server(s)? or made a new one. Hell, even if they added another currency, I might have tried the game. Look at Diablo 3 -- they had a dupe problem which completely ruined the economy. The D3 dupe is why gold went from 25 cents per million to 23 cents per 10 million over the course of a month. I only found this to be acceptable because BLIZZARD would know how to fix the problem. Removal of AH, expansion which is for crafting, etc. 
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by exile01

Grow up and get over it. This is a multi million dollar business, you dont know the reasons behind this. 

So you admit to cheating and then tell someone else to grow up? F2P crowd is awesome. Every time I see a game like Neverwinter, the holy grail of F2P, continue down its road to failure I smile a little.

No, im telling you just that life isnt always fair- try to get that in your head. As for myself, i like to experiment new ways of enjoying something old.

Its your own problem if you try to blindf yourself- wishing to see only that what you want to see. Im not trying to tell you to cheat too, but rather to get along with it those facts-there are cheaters and they always be there.

For me this thread has nothing to do with the game- but rather with your own personality.

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

You see my friend was a member of this community their name Katarina, and this community has had multiple members cheating in online games. You can clearly see in the #5 post where a user admits to duplicating over 20 million in Astro diamonds months ago to buy some items from their main account.

Oh my, are you saying that people cheat in this world? I thought jails were just to scare kids, and stealing was a myth... I think this world still has a lot of secrets hidden from you.

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

The "Caturday" event was fixed via a server rollback.  Cat exploit was open for a 24 hour window, and the rollback eliminated 99% of cats produced. Prices never changed, nothing happened, regardless of how you feel about it.  

The fact that you claim Blizzard would have given you your ideal solution speaks volumes.  

You don't want to play Neverwinter now?  Good.  Millions of people play this game, but more millions don't. Some people don't even PLAY video games, can you imagine?  Lets hope they all don't come here and post about it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

Oh my, are you saying that people cheat in this world? I thought jails were just to scare kids, and stealing was a myth... I think this world still has a lot of secrets hidden from you.

No, he's saying people were allowed to cheat and the scope of that unpunished cheating ruined many aspects of the game.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Psyentist

The "Caturday" event was fixed via a server rollback.  Cat exploit was open for a 24 hour window, and the rollback eliminated 99% of cats produced. Prices never changed, nothing happened, regardless of how you feel about it.  

The fact that you claim Blizzard would have given you your ideal solution speaks volumes.  

You don't want to play Neverwinter now?  Good.  Millions of people play this game, but more millions don't. Some people don't even PLAY video games, can you imagine?  Lets hope they all don't come here and post about it.

If you think the rollback was a blanket fix to an exploit that was going on since the game released (as well as MANY other MAJOR exploits) and had no long term effect to the economy you are being naive.  The exploit was known by people during the beta way before it was released and used in masse publically in chat and was used by a few people some of which never got banned to amass millions of diamonds.

This wasn't a problem specific to Neverwinter either.  AoC never really recovered after gem duping threw the economy into chaos IMO and GW2 had a major exploit early on that let people make Dusks/Dawn cheaply using Karma items that made a few people accrue so much gold and they've been manipulating the economy ever since.  Of course there is the D3 example used here also.

To the OP, I'd say don't bother associating yourself with those types of people.  You can still play Neverwinter without ever having to use the auction house and worrying about cheaters (assuming you don't want to PvP at least).  Probably not worth the trouble you are going through to defame them as I'm sure nobody really cares about a small community of people in Neverwinter/LoL out of millions of other players out there.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

While playing neverwinter I had the feeling u can get every armor part by just doing doungens  the whole day. my friend even managed to get full geared characters after 3 weeks grinding doungens.

I dont see where this exploits messed up with ur own character evolution, players nowadays are just too sensitive if they see some1 got better gear then they got.

MMO's always been like : play the most and u are the best. and they will always be like that I guess. So just play as much u can to beat these exploiters. And since the pvp is so useless you dont even need to pvp... where's the problem with the exploits then?

ps: confused

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Dunno OP why should I care? It's a F2P game, I play when I feel like, who gives a rats ass.

The game is always packed whenever I login, just for the losers who think the game is doing badly. Not that I understand why people would hope for a game failing or gloat if they perceive it as doign badly... Unicuique Suum

Eat more fiber, it helps and stop posting these rants, we have already enough hateTrolls on these boards....

PS

Aaaah just saw join date and number of posts, this is a trolling account or you got banned and created a new profile.

Very sad

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Vapors

While playing neverwinter I had the feeling u can get every armor part by just doing doungens  the whole day. my friend even managed to get full geared characters after 3 weeks grinding doungens.

I dont see where this exploits messed up with ur own character evolution, players nowadays are just too sensitive if they see some1 got better gear then they got.

MMO's always been like : play the most and u are the best. and they will always be like that I guess. So just play as much u can to beat these exploiters. And since the pvp is so useless you dont even need to pvp... where's the problem with the exploits then?

ps: confused

Actually to fully max out your character you are going to need diamonds.  Lots of diamonds.  Not something you can realistically grind out even in several years time.

Of course the gear you get from dungeons is more than adequate to do all the dungeons in the game so if you do nothing but PvE there shouldn't be any issue hampering your enjoyment of the game.  Just don't use the auction house.

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

DID ANYONE CLICK ON HIS LINKS?????

They are relating to LOL not neverwinter.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

So you admit to cheating and then tell someone else to grow up? F2P crowd is awesome. Every time I see a game like Neverwinter, the holy grail of F2P, continue down its road to failure I smile a little.

The F2P crowd?!?

So you are saying that P2P games don't have dups, cheaters and those that admit to it...the P2P crowd is awesome.

The thread is a fallacy. The duping that took place is no longer effecting the game, all the items brought into the game have been used up and the economy balanced itself out. The current reason not to play the game is the last update which added the games first P2W aspects. The new companion bonuses has created an atmosphere of, if you don't have the right companion, you wont be let into end game groups.

And these companions can only be obtained from the cash shop. the first time you MUST have an item from the cash shop to do end game.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Here is why

Do you remember many months ago when the game was still in Beta, and many of us told Perfect World to wipe the servers due to Duplication Exploits, well the game was ruined because of this, they never banned all the cheaters from the game, and I want to show you the reason I don't play the game myself.

http://feverclan.com/forums/323-neverwinter/22108-games-entire-economy-screwed.html

http://imgur.com/a/xNjTH#0

http://imgur.com/a/A0j7k  Disrespecting Members.

This folks is why the game economy was ruined from the start, and the reason that PWI needed to wipe the game and start over while the game was in Beta, players abusing bugs, and exploits, and it doesn't end here you expect me to believe that a user only duplicated 20 million in astro's when the game Guild was caught in another online game League OF Legends handing out free Power Leveling to other users on their accounts, and cheating in other online games with hacks.

Do you know why this member was banned from their forum, and TS, they were banned because they got upset at all the cheating and called it out in League OF Legends they made a threat to expose the cheating because nothing was being done about it, some of these cheaters in deep violation of the Guilds rules have been let back into the community despite the Exploiting.

http://imgur.com/a/h5laB

Yes the user people with the game tags of Crappy Aim, and his brother BlobX were members of the clan for quite some time, all they would do is troll League chat, and the day the they admit to illegally DOSing the Fever server our friend Kat got involved in the debate, they were banned for threatening to expose these no good for nothing cheaters rather than their community saying show us the evidence and we will take care of it.

Bottom Line, I was not asked to post this on behalf of anyone, but as People I know of have been treated wrong, in fact when we all ask why was "X" user banned, we get a response they were banned for being disrespectful to others but the only disrespect they ever showed was the hate for the cheaters in the community, perhaps instead of allowing this they should have actually said "I understand you are upset, if you have evidence please get on TS, and show us." But instead they chose to make things personal at someone who was very upset at these cheaters while they were a member/guest of the community, and got banned while breaking no rules posted on this site as there are no rules about chat moderation outside the server they rent, However one rule applies to all cheaters or is supposed to.

Rule #4 http://feverclan.com/forums/6-rules-information/97-feverclan-standard-rules.html which talks about any type of cheating or hacking in an online game. I can understand using an exploit by mistake, or bug without knowledge the first time, but as soon as you experience a bug or exploit you should contact support and let them know about it, not abuse it even for testing purposes, but even just to gain an unfair advantage on your main account.

How many of you would allow this in your community. And perhaps it goes to show that big numbers don't always mean drama-free gaming community. Many people I know and myself have be part of many gaming community that are small, and from experience those that are small, we have never had a single cheater but joining a community that boasts about its members having lots of active players you get this.

This was a video game from day 1, like many other "recent" so called mmoRPGs.  I'm just not surprised.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by exile01

Who said NW was the holy grail of F2P?

Can I direct you to Path of Exile, and Marvel Heroes for 2 games that do F2P right?