Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: December Patch Notes Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine Studios has released a preview of the December patch notes for Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Included in the update will be improvements to hotbars, a new dungeon, "Sinspire Cathedral" and skills and a brand new chat system.

New chat system:

We have already presented and shown screenshots of it. It's undergoing final testing and is expected to be added next week, barring any persistent issues. 

Hot bars and skill options:

Hot bars that show skill placement as well as cool downs will be added this month. These will be visible in action mode making it easier for players to see which skill is assigned to which slot as well as track the cool downs. Additionally 3 new options per slot will be made available. One allows players to decide if they want the default skill for each weapon to be cast when the selected skill is on cool down or not. The second presents the option of reverting to the default skill for each weapon when the selected skill has been executed. The third option flags skills on the slot to be cast by pressing the relevant hot key only without having to press the associated mouse button afterwards. New icons for all schools skills have also been created and will be introduced with the hot bars.

Read more on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

These are absolutely NOT patch notes!!!!

AV has made a career of lying to their player base for almost a decade now.

NOTHING in this post from AV should be considered as finalized...and most likely won't even be in the game by December.

At least 60% of all features promised by AV and advertised as "done" or "ready to patch in" never make it into the game.  They are liars.

The title of this article needs to be re-named as these are not patch notes and is very mis-leading.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Some much needed improvements there. The UI was unintuitive, clunky and the chat system was horrid. I might give it another go in the near future. Not necessarily for these changes but to see how the game is coming along...haven't played it for several months now.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I hate the current chat system so this change will be nice.  I still would prefer that AV implement optional/toggleable chat bubbles, but whatever.

Deployable cannons and city cannon are long awaited.  The prowess monolith and a new dungeon sound like they will be great additions to the game.  Doesn't sound like we will get it this month but I'm eagerly waiting on the chaos primalist school.

Fun times.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    you can wait your asses till you grow old. As far as i know Tasos i bet  that those updates will be implemented in the end of next year.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Pie rat nothing has changed in the last few months besides player base slow getting even smaller. Been just crap patches nothing of sustence. I've seen av for too long promise things that were almost ready and it take ages to ever come into game if it all. Those "notes" were just to stall the angry player base that's left.
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Originally posted by indef

NOTHING in this post from AV should be considered as finalized...and most likely won't even be in the game by December.

At least 60% of all features promised by AV and advertised as "done" or "ready to patch in" never make it into the game.  They are liars.

The title of this article needs to be re-named as these are not patch notes and is very mis-leading.

/signed

I miss the old days of DF1,  Hopefully in 2 years a real sandbox will emerge,  Hopeful for Albion Online,  Embers of Cearus, Pathfinder online,  Gloria Victus

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    So why no screenshots of the other new features other than the chat? Will all of these features 'require more testing' come patch time?
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    AV killed their own game, hard.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

they need some sort of alignment system still, unless they put it in since i left and missed the memo :

also would help to give player organizations some concrete reason for wanting to own villages other than bragging rights

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by itchmon

they need some sort of alignment system still, unless they put it in since i left and missed the memo :

also would help to give player organizations some concrete reason for wanting to own villages other than bragging rights

I'm definitely with you on the alignment issue. Though I would say the thing somewhat keeping it in check is the politics. It doesn't do it perfectly, but you definitely get to know players and clans and certain ones will be KOS and others will be somewhat friendly.

• The chat/UI changes is a big one for me.  No matter what activity you do in the game, it has to be through the UI. This change effects 100% of the player base.  It is long over due.  

I am a big PvE person, so the new dungeon is something I am also looking forward to.  

The cannon  / deployable canon will change the face of siege forever. 

All in all I am happy with this patch.  I expect a lot more, but this is probably as big of a patch we can get from AV. 

-----

Hopeless Hunter of Imperium Clan

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by indef

And in all that time you haven't learned the difference between a lie and missed ETAs.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Hot bars and skill options:

Hot bars that show skill placement as well as cool downs will be added this month. These will be visible in action mode making it easier for players to see which skill is assigned to which slot as well as track the cool downs.

AV actually released a game where this most basic UI function wasn't in at release, and now feel they can parp out a great fanfare at its eventual inclusion?

F**k**g priceless

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Don't believe anything AV says. Bad history of lying to the player base, this is a fact.

They seem to intentionally kill their own game.

Player base is now even smaller than DF1 when it was just about to be shut down.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Don't believe anything AV says. Bad history of lying to the player base, this is a fact.

They seem to intentionally kill their own game.

Player base is now even smaller than DF1 when it was just about to be shut down.

Incorrect on several counts, but I know you'll keep trying again and again.

• attckdogattckdog Member Posts: 10

IMO its all stuff that should have been done a while ago. 

If they want to get the Population back up they need content additions.

Will wait and see if this is going to worth logging into.