Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More great stuff incoming to Darkfall.

13»

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by Holophonist

Hmmm ok so again unless I'm mistaken the territory control/player-build structures conquest side of it isn't really a big thing, correct? If it exists at all? If that's the case, that's the thing that Darkfall has that EVE doesn't. That was Lust's point, that Darkfall is the best game of its kind. 

Also re: action combat, I've always taken action combat to mean free aiming at least in some regard.

[mod edit]

I see your logic there but not sure I'd agree with it. Just because something is the only one of its type does not automatically make it good, the best compared to nothing well that's your opinion.

If you really expect Aventurine to deliver on any of there promises in a timely fashion I believe you are deluded or have just recently joined and have no knowledge of its past history. Remember last year in October when the game was feature complete and ready according to Taso, but then release was put off till November? Then remember when November came and again the game was delayed till Dec?(Aventurine actually waited till the day it was supposed to be released in November to admit it was gonna be delayed when a week earlier they stated it was still ready for launch on time hows that for a crappy company that doesn't give a damn about its player base?) What happened then? Oh yeah Dec came and the game was released as a pay to play beta. Here we are a year later and still most of the things that were supposed to be in game and ready as per Taso are still not in the game. At some point people get tired of eating up all the bullshit lies that come out  of Taso's mouth. YMMV

LOL..Great post

Don't forget AV's "roadmap" that they failed to meet within 2 weeks of posting it.

This "update" is just a rehash of the NOV update. http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?382540-Update-November-1st

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Lol and the "ready game" that we ended up finally getting as pay to play beta ended up taking serious modifications such as the prowess system. Tasos just blows smoke. They have no idea what direction they are going.
  • TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Interesting, the title word "more"  would suggest that there was already great stuff in Darkfall.

Well if one views in particular cases one may find great things but as a whole yeah... game ain't that great at the moment.

As a whole, it's the best full loot  persistent world  with no instances, action combat, and city conquest available on the market today.

If this is correct, please point to the better game.

If you can't, please get out of my niche.

=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  EVE Online :), if you had said fantasy full loot you may have had a whisper of a chance but yes: EVE- Online eats Darkfall for breakfeast in all respects from world size, to developer ethics ( at least they make fun of themselves and do not go anal retentive as much as other ones ) to player economy and general bathshit craziness.

I'm not gonna claim that dfuw is a better game than EVE but EVE doesn't have action combat and I'm not sure it has city conquest? I actually don't know, but I always thought that EVE didn't really have player cities in a traditional sense. I could be wrong though.

0.0 space and they're set to expand upon player content in the next few years up to allowing players to create their own actual pocket empires not just claim space ( once you talk about player built stargates every bet is off about what else may come and before you ask: gates to new unexplored regions of space, possibly within other galaxies).

Hmmm ok so again unless I'm mistaken the territory control/player-build structures conquest side of it isn't really a big thing, correct? If it exists at all? If that's the case, that's the thing that Darkfall has that EVE doesn't. That was Lust's point, that Darkfall is the best game of its kind. 

Also re: action combat, I've always taken action combat to mean free aiming at least in some regard.

With fleets worth more than your house as combined value (using plex values to guestimate) engaging each other over territory control and player owned structures every other day I will let you decide if it is or isn't a big thing :) (may wanna look up the 1st and 2nd great wars in EVE).

Also free aiming in EVE: Stealth Bomber bombing runs <3 (5-6 of those guys working together can wreck an entire fleet's composition and cause damage 50-60 times the bombs and the stealth bomber's worth).

Lol ok man if they have player structures then fine. I asked if they did and you gave me some vague answer about 0.0 and being set up to expand upon that kind of content in the next few years, allowing people to create their own pocket empires and not just claim space. That sounded like you could only claim space right now and not create any of your own structures.

Do you have any videos of the free aiming in EVE? I just kind of doubt that it's going to be very twitch/skill based, which is kind of the point of Darkfall.

But even so, I'm not claiming that DFUW is a better game than EVE. But if EVE is the only game that does what DFUW does but better, then that's fine. It still seems weird to me to shit on a game that is either the best or second best at what they're doing.

They aren't second best, twitch based combat is done better by Terra by what I know, PVP is leagues better in EVE (even if the free aim is missing the thrill is much greater in small gang pvp in that game than in DFUW), construction of assets and world shapring... Wurm Online hands down and I wouldn't be as hard on the game if it weren't being developed by people like AV, considering it is... yeah I reckon you will stay with DFUW until Gloria Victis hits open beta , might even be sooner with Albion Online though.

TERA doesn't have full loot or any kind of conquest system. Also the twitch based combat isn't really difficult or twitch based. Wurm online has terrible combat. You can't offer up examples of games with individual pieces that are better. The whole point is that it's all in one. Full loot, twitch based combat, ow pvp, territory control, player made cities. If there's a better game that has all these things, I'd be interested to hear what it is.

Gloria Victis and Albion Online may be suitable alternatives, but they're not out yet.

They are valid alternatives to a shoddy, poorly maintained and (funnily enough) paid to play game and as for Gloria Victis well... for about 10$ you can get in :) .

I know, I paid $10 and got in. If you think Gloria Victis in its current state is a valid alternative to ANYTHING, then your credibility just hit 0.

Which of the dedicated anti Aventurine trolls ever had any credibility anyway? You can't give an honest critique about a game you admit you don't play.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Which of the dedicated anti Aventurine trolls ever had any credibility anyway? You can't give an honest critique about a game you admit you don't play.

This entire thread is about things NOT currently in game, what's there to critique regardless if one has an active sub or not? LOL, but thanks for the rant.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

One: As an alpha GV it is still better than DFUW with AV developing it will ever be.

Two: You forgot an "IMHO" in your second statement because it is your choice to see that piece of poorly run trash as good not everyone's.

1: Did you play it? It's not even really like a game yet. It's incredibly buggy and the combat is like basically non-existent. Again... credibility = 0.

2. Then have fun playing Wurm online as your ow pvp, full loot, twitch-based territory conquest game.

1. The devs are better (know them, less than the Albion ones granted but still know em), they work for their bread and respect their customers so again you lose out because no matter how much you try you're in the end comparing a good game under a shitty company with a early alpha game under a good one.

2. No, I will be guiding battlefleets in EVE from the bridge of my covert ops frigate :), enjoy the zerg fests while paying greeks who couldn't find their own asses with a map in their hand (strictly referring to the leadership not the guys actually working).

So you're just blindly assuming the devs are going to make it a better game? That's your example of a game that is a suitable alternative to darkfall? One that isn't out but you just are hoping it turns out better? This is why you guys shouldn't be taken seriously. This is a ridiculous thing to say and it shows that you just have blind hatred for AV and DFUW.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by ilives

This entire thread is about things NOT currently in game, what's there to critique regardless if one has an active sub or not? LOL, but thanks for the rant.

Almost every thread that gets made becomes derailed by 4-5 dedicated trolls who on several occasions have said that they don't play the game, yet they feel the need to comment on every Darkfall thread about how dead it is (even though they aren't subscribed)

Originally posted by winter

[mod edit]

I see your logic there but not sure I'd agree with it. Just because something is the only one of its type does not automatically make it good, the best compared to nothing well that's your opinion.

If you really expect Aventurine to deliver on any of there promises in a timely fashion I believe you are deluded or have just recently joined and have no knowledge of its past history. Remember last year in October when the game was feature complete and ready according to Taso, but then release was put off till November? Then remember when November came and again the game was delayed till Dec?(Aventurine actually waited till the day it was supposed to be released in November to admit it was gonna be delayed when a week earlier they stated it was still ready for launch on time hows that for a crappy company that doesn't give a damn about its player base?) What happened then? Oh yeah Dec came and the game was released as a pay to play beta. Here we are a year later and still most of the things that were supposed to be in game and ready as per Taso are still not in the game. At some point people get tired of eating up all the bullshit lies that come out  of Taso's mouth. YMMV

I don't think it is a turd. I'd sooner play DFUW over 95% of MMOs on the market. What I'm saying is you guys who hate on Darkfall aren't giving it the credit its due for being the kind of game it is. Also anytime anybody even starts a conversation about comparing the two, somebody usually breaks out into a wall of text rant about things they prefer about DFO, which usually includes a lot of hyperbole and personal preference, so it's impossible to respond to. If you look at DFUW objectively, it's really not that bad. They're adding things slowly but surely. I'm not sure what else you can reasonably expect. The only thing that I think you can objectively blame AV for is being TERRIBLE with timelines/communication. But that isn't a substantive complain. 

And I don't necessarily expect AV to do anything. I'm not banking on them doing anything. I would still play DFUW over almost any other MMO. In fact the main reason I'm not playing DFUW is because of the terrible community. You're just ruining the game for the people who like it. And why? Because it's different from DFO? 

Originally posted by ilives

Almost every thread that gets made becomes derailed by 4-5 dedicated trolls who on several occasions have said that they don't play the game, yet they feel the need to comment on every Darkfall thread about how dead it is (even though they aren't subscribed)

I honestly don't understand it. I don't understand how you can NOT play a game and still find a reason to go actively try to destroy it. Do they really think that by sabotaging DFUW that they'll get DFO back? They won't. This is it. Even if they kill DFUW, they're just hurting their chances for a hardcore full loot pvp game in the future because people will point to DFUW and say "look! those games always fail!" There's no reason to try to sabotage this game other than their feelings were hurt by AV. It's pathetic.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

One: As an alpha GV it is still better than DFUW with AV developing it will ever be.

Two: You forgot an "IMHO" in your second statement because it is your choice to see that piece of poorly run trash as good not everyone's.

1: Did you play it? It's not even really like a game yet. It's incredibly buggy and the combat is like basically non-existent. Again... credibility = 0.

2. Then have fun playing Wurm online as your ow pvp, full loot, twitch-based territory conquest game.

1. The devs are better (know them, less than the Albion ones granted but still know em), they work for their bread and respect their customers so again you lose out because no matter how much you try you're in the end comparing a good game under a shitty company with a early alpha game under a good one.

2. No, I will be guiding battlefleets in EVE from the bridge of my covert ops frigate :), enjoy the zerg fests while paying greeks who couldn't find their own asses with a map in their hand (strictly referring to the leadership not the guys actually working).

So you're just blindly assuming the devs are going to make it a better game? That's your example of a game that is a suitable alternative to darkfall? One that isn't out but you just are hoping it turns out better? This is why you guys shouldn't be taken seriously. This is a ridiculous thing to say and it shows that you just have blind hatred for AV and DFUW.

EVE-Online is the best current alternative to DFUW and it is a markedly better game in all respects.

So you're saying blindly assuming in devs that have not given us reason to doubt them is worse than having blind faith in ones that have given you multiple reasons to doubt them?

I do not have a blind hatred towards DFUW, I do however utterly hate developers that use naive and misguided people like they do while also charging exorbitant amounts for what they offer.

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Sorry but Eve is a bland, dull and lifeless husk of a game in combat terms compared even to DFUW.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

I honestly don't understand it. I don't understand how you can NOT play a game and still find a reason to go actively try to destroy it. Do they really think that by sabotaging DFUW that they'll get DFO back? They won't. This is it. Even if they kill DFUW, they're just hurting their chances for a hardcore full loot pvp game in the future because people will point to DFUW and say "look! those games always fail!" There's no reason to try to sabotage this game other than their feelings were hurt by AV. It's pathetic.

No one else is needed to destroy  anything. AV handles that all by themselves.

Even with no updates for 1,5 years the DFO forums have been relative peacefull, that was AV period of grace given to them by the players to see if the promises for the DF2010 announcement hit the server.

That didn't happen....grace period over.

Only results count from now on...

PS: just a brief visit on the official forum reveals even that those WHO PLAY are overly unhappy with AV  and have thousands of reasons to criticise DF:UW and the progress to get finmally a working game and get it out of  Beta.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Maejohl
    Sorry but Eve is a bland, dull and lifeless husk of a game in combat terms compared even to DFUW.

Wormhole PVP, go.

• Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50

I don't think it is a turd. I'd sooner play DFUW over 95% of MMOs on the market. What I'm saying is you guys who hate on Darkfall aren't giving it the credit its due for being the kind of game it is. Also anytime anybody even starts a conversation about comparing the two, somebody usually breaks out into a wall of text rant about things they prefer about DFO, which usually includes a lot of hyperbole and personal preference, so it's impossible to respond to. If you look at DFUW objectively, it's really not that bad. They're adding things slowly but surely. I'm not sure what else you can reasonably expect. The only thing that I think you can objectively blame AV for is being TERRIBLE with timelines/communication. But that isn't a substantive complain. 

And I don't necessarily expect AV to do anything. I'm not banking on them doing anything. I would still play DFUW over almost any other MMO. In fact the main reason I'm not playing DFUW is because of the terrible community. You're just ruining the game for the people who like it. And why? Because it's different from DFO? 

I don't think you are looking at DF:UW objectively either.  You claim that those that dislike DF:UW are unwarranted and should just move on or that they are damaging the game somehow.  I say that those that like DF:UW don't know any better, and in thier own way are damaging the game by leading new players on and allowing the devs to think thier game is good as it is.  You keep stating that DF:UW is the best pvp full loot of its kind....its the only pvp full loot of its kind so comparing a game to nothing and then calling it the best is like winning a contest with no competitors.  I would rather play nothing then a shitty game, but that is my opinion.  Why exactly should I be chastized for speaking my opinion but you are allowed to come here and tell everyone that the game is the best thing since sliced bread?  I've played DF:UW and I've played DFO, SB, UO, DAoC and the other pvp loot conquest games that have been out over the years and DF:UW is the worst of them.  You keep talking about the people that are complaining about DF:UW and not playing it yet you just admitted that you no longer play DF:UW and yet you come here to defend it.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

I don't think you are looking at DF:UW objectively either.  You claim that those that dislike DF:UW are unwarranted and should just move on or that they are damaging the game somehow.  I say that those that like DF:UW don't know any better, and in thier own way are damaging the game by leading new players on and allowing the devs to think thier game is good as it is.  You keep stating that DF:UW is the best pvp full loot of its kind....its the only pvp full loot of its kind so comparing a game to nothing and then calling it the best is like winning a contest with no competitors.  I would rather play nothing then a shitty game, but that is my opinion.  Why exactly should I be chastized for speaking my opinion but you are allowed to come here and tell everyone that the game is the best thing since sliced bread?  I've played DF:UW and I've played DFO, SB, UO, DAoC and the other pvp loot conquest games that have been out over the years and DF:UW is the worst of them.  You keep talking about the people that are complaining about DF:UW and not playing it yet you just admitted that you no longer play DF:UW and yet you come here to defend it.

I agree completely with you

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

DF:UW full loot is a underwhelming feature. The loot is crap for several reasons.

- gathering is a dull activity mostly done afk

- crafting is a shallow activity produces generic stuff.

- everyone can craft everything

All that together leads to loot being crap. 

AV will probably remove full loot in a attempt to fix the game, declare that step as "natural evolution". and guess what they could be right with it. Cause loot in this shape doesn't cause anyone to go out and PvP.

In general i don't thing DF:UW offers anything to justify it as a MMORPG. There isnt anything much more happening server side beside a persistant big  but lifeless world.

There are several multiplayer games i play for my PvP fix. Take Mount and Blade, it offers perfect mechanics for medievel PvP, more exciting combat, you jump instantly to action with no grind and a loot system like DF:UW doesnt let me miss it.

Now if DF:UW offered a reason to justify why i should take part on their server i would by they don't.

- gathering materials is underwhelming. crafting material is underwhelimg. class system is a turn down, area control mechanics almost no existing, PvE is underwhelming .  

Why i should leave my exciting PvP multiplayer combat games for such mediocre and dull activities on DF:UW server ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)