Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haven't played in awhile...Optimize Poll w/ Questions

Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Like the title says. Haven't played since May-ish. Just wondering if the patches, and more specifically  the recent patch, went well and if PS2 is now optimized for most systems.

Anything missing from their patch notes?

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pu01-patch-notes-tuesday-november-12-2013.157453/

Whats the next bug or issue that needs to be fixed (if any)?

Did the videos help you? Do you think they are listening to the community?

Other Complaints or compliments?

Appreciate any answers and feedback.

I realize that the poll is pretty broad since people have different systems, but just looking for an overall reaction.

Comments

• muspeljotnmuspeljotn Member Posts: 2

My system is weak (i5-2410M @ 2.30 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 540M (1 GB DDR3) and before the patch it was pretty much unplayable in big fights (dropped below 20 FPS, often went to around 10) and after the patch I rarely get below 20, if I do it's an exception and it quickly passes. A crammed Amp station for example (which before was impossible) is most of the time around 30-40 FPS. In my opinion, the patch is amazing. Gets even my system over the threshold. People with good rigs report 100+ FPS at any given time. I hope you at least try it out for yourself.

Part of the difference for me comes from a better UserOptions file which many I know now use. I can mail it to you if you want it.

Cheers.

/P

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

Optimization has made FPS far better. On my Q9550 I was able to go from low to medium with the same rate, or gain 10fps staying low. (Although I did update my comp several days after this came out anyway, I played with the old enough to determine the difference.)

The issue it introduced was a crash to desktop that seems to come up on average once every 4-5 hours of play I'd say. More frequently form some than others, but universal and infrequent enough that it's acknowledged and annoying but not experience-ruining. Also there were some surprising server issues this weekend for EU servers but I'm not sure it 's related. US servers ran great.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I did not know where to post it but I won the Team Cola decal sweeptakes, however I am not playing the game for a while so I am giving my code to anyone who wants it. First to PM me takes it. Good luck.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I cannot believe it myself tbh. SOE deployed a patch that worked! I could not play the game in beta and at launch due to lag issues.

Now its as smooth as a shaveD p.... porcupine!

Well worth trying again.

• KhannageKhannage Member Posts: 8

I have an i5 OC'ed to 3.8Ghz with 8GB RAM and a GeForce 670 GTX and run Planetside 2 on Ultra settings with a pretty much solid 60fps. I wasn't *that* bad before the patch but it's much more stable in bigger fights now.

Khannage

http://www.UKLANS.co.uk - Video Podcast covering PC Gaming and Gadgets

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    i7 with a 580 and never a hitch on ultra with everything maxed out. smooth as butter even in the biggest fights. been playing for two weeks and can't recall a crash.. except maybe once or twice but i had other stuff running in the background so i guess it may be my fault.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

5760x1080 ultra on 280x 30-40fps. (it now has native Eyefinity/surround fov support btw)

Much more stable after the patch but i cant shake the feeling that it just doesn't look as good as before...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development