Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More details on Asia's cash shop

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Prowess reset, name change, and last killer tracker are three items.  You can also recall with your recall timer down and cut the timer in half for real world cash.  There is also a crafting bonus to make crafting faster.

I think all are good except the crafting bonus.  It makes player holdings worth even less.

If they get it right in Asia they need to do the same for NA/EU IMO.  Free to play would bring tons of people into the game to slaughter.  Well, if Asia is really free to play.  I still have conflicting information about that.

I still am jaded with AV and am not subscribed currently.  I am a long time fan of Darkfall that is over AV and their lack of finding ways to get people to play and making the game playable.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

Prowess reset, name change, and last killer tracker are three items.  You can also recall with your recall timer down and cut the timer in half for real world cash.  There is also a crafting bonus to make crafting faster.

I think all are good except the crafting bonus.  It makes player holdings worth even less.

If they get it right in Asia they need to do the same for NA/EU IMO.  Free to play would bring tons of people into the game to slaughter.  Well, if Asia is really free to play.  I still have conflicting information about that.

I still am jaded with AV and am not subscribed currently.  I am a long time fan of Darkfall that is over AV and their lack of finding ways to get people to play and making the game playable.

Cash shop has been the plan from the beginning.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Why in the hell wouldnt you want faster crafting. Remember, there's also scavenging and if you take pieces from your bank to turn them all at once, you have the time to watch a movie while you're at it.

I'd pay for the stats reset. Reason i'm not coming back no matter what, i don't want to regrind everytime because my role is not the flavor of the month.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Why in the hell wouldnt you want faster crafting. Remember, there's also scavenging and if you take pieces from your bank to turn them all at once, you have the time to watch a movie while you're at it.

I'd pay for the stats reset. Reason i'm not coming back no matter what, i don't want to regrind everytime because my role is not the flavor of the month.

Its just a matter of time before they start selling Prowess points, it's why they added it.

Originally posted by Caaahl

There is also an item that not only tracks, but teleports you near the one who killed you.

"Scroll of revenge - mysterious scroll to mark the opponent that killed him. Available 15 days per one purchase period is extended if purchased again period. It is possible to warp to the location near the subject from the list of murder who filled out. ? cost of 100 Gold is required for teleport, cool time to re-use 40 minutes. ? I can not teleport if you were in the safe area target. When you kill a target character, the character is deleted from the list"

That's a truly idiotic idea, what are they thinking?

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by ilives

There is also an item that not only tracks, but teleports you near the one who killed you.

"Scroll of revenge - mysterious scroll to mark the opponent that killed him. Available 15 days per one purchase period is extended if purchased again period. It is possible to warp to the location near the subject from the list of murder who filled out. ? cost of 100 Gold is required for teleport, cool time to re-use 40 minutes. ? I can not teleport if you were in the safe area target. When you kill a target character, the character is deleted from the list"

Free gearbags from newbs trying to teleport to me and kill me?  I think not.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Pay to Win, no thanks, if this comes to the west is the time to put it on garbage pile.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

What's a noob have worth taking?

Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Pay to Win, no thanks, if this comes to the west is the time to put it on garbage pile.

Pay to win or grind to win, what's the difference? 

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Treasure maps

Originally posted by General-Zod

Treasure maps

Like they wouldn't bank everything when using the revenge recall.

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126

Well, we have to hope and pray that this cash shop makes a difference to AV's financials:

This little gem made me stop and think.

And this one from the London Stock Exchange on InternetQ - AV's investors.

See this one in particular.

(Taken from: http://hsprod.investis.com/ir/intq/ir.jsp?page=news-item&item=1167258294437626)

which states that InternetQ's Eu 2.6M investment was being paid in 6 month instalments and only if AV met certain milestones.  

And this one, most tellingly of all.

from pages 58/59:  http://www.internetq.com/sites/default/files/AnnualReport2012-Notes.pdf

Whilst we can be pissed off with AV for their generally disastrous management of the games, it's really clear that financially they are struggling hard - so perhaps we need to just lay off the anger and angst on these boards against them.  No point kicking someone once they're down - it certainly won't help them get back up.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Maejohl

Whilst we can be pissed off with AV for their generally disastrous management of the games, it's really clear that financially they are struggling hard - so perhaps we need to just lay off the anger and angst on these boards against them.  No point kicking someone once they're down - it certainly won't help them get back up.

Thats missguided aid. Thy had our sympathies for a decade and we founded them to create DF2010 with all the sandbox elements we wanted for more then 3 years.

since they don't care about our playsytle and gameplay we don't owe em to care about their financial status.

Its time only results counts.

Get rid of classes bring on armor specialization  like promised !

Implement  the 1000 skills that were promised !

Make all items in the game craftable !

Double the amounts of items that were in DFO in game like promised !

Make DF the game the sandbox in which player experience the freedom to play it like they like, like promised.

Only thats what count at this point.

If they can't compete they should sell Darkfall to someone who is able to deliver sandbox gameplay.

and be quick,  full MMORPG's with impressive featurelist that are already implemented just need a publish date.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Some of those things are a HUGE advantage in a free for all full loot game and once again show why F2P games ruin the balance of gameplay in MMO's.  There is no longer a level playing field.

If NA or EU goes F2P I'm done playing.  Let the new people come in and throw their money at AV.  I not getting suckered into the F2P money pit in a completive PvP game.

It works great in ASIA for reasons I wont mention to prevent being called a racist.  It also works in country's where people have tons of disposable cash for the opposite reasons.  Both reasons are wrong and create corrupted and un even gameplay.

Developers love F2P they can take advantage of both ends of the spectrum and the casuals in the middle could care less.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Pay to win or grind to win, what's the difference? 

The grind has been eliminated for anyone with half a brain.  if you think you need to throw more money at this game then a sub to be good, then re-read my first sentence.

Cash shop + selling prowess = win