Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cataclysm was the best WOW expansion for me, here's why.

Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

We found a place in Mt. Hyjal, where people have to do daily quests, that you are on the edge of cliffs high above Ashenvale.

Playing with my elemental shaman friend, and myself being a Death Knight, we were able to sink countless hours death gripping and thunderstorming people off the cliffs, sending their dead bodies into inaccessible parts of Ashenvale making corpse retrieval impossible.

This kept me up late at night, made me late for work, it was the thrill of an EPIC adventure hour after hour.

I don't know if WoW will ever be able to recapture this amount of fun for me.

Comments

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121

Other than the MT Hyjal dailies everything else you described could be done in Wrath of the Lich King and Pandaria, I don't know how this makes Cataclysm any better?

But that said I'm badly biased, as I really, really hate Cataclysm.

• Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    When people say that PvPers are mentally disturbed individuals, this is the kind of thing they are talking about.
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by Sajman01
    When people say that PvPers are mentally disturbed individuals, this is the kind of thing they are talking about.

<3  I created many a soul sickness, and you're probably right, I did get Hero of the Horde the first RBG Season :D

I was also the first guy to point out in my server that you could clearly see the invincible mount :D

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    More proof why we can't have nice things

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second. How late at night are we talking here because my co-worker is always late and I'm thinking she's your partner in crime.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It was the worst for me. I quit then. Right after they took bloodlust form you in the arenas, and mana drain for me out the whole game. The same patch they stopped druids from being able to shapeshift out of snares. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    I liked deepholm and the Indiana jones story line in uldam.  but,  burning crusade is my favorite expac.
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    So rather than play PVP you found a place you could gank people with no threat of being killed or attacked. And this is the whole thing wrong with open world pvp because it will never be pvp it will always be pure and simple ganks and the safest way possible.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Swids2010
    So rather than play PVP you found a place you could gank people with no threat of being killed or attacked. And this is the whole thing wrong with open world pvp because it will never be pvp it will always be pure and simple ganks and the safest way possible.

Eh, PvP'rs have never actually wanted competition.  It's why they gravitate towards this kind of behavior, zerging, or twinking.  

You make me like charity

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

WotLK if my fav and WoD seems to have all the hallmarks of WotLK so it should be good.

On a serious note I think people rag on CATA too much, they often forget the improvements it made to the 1-60 level experience for new players and just focus on the then end game content.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Malacth

I'm badly biased, as I really, really hate Cataclysm.

I'm with you

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Malacth I'm badly biased, as I really, really hate Cataclysm.
    I'm with you

I don't hate it, but I couldn't play through the top level content. Couldn't finish the underwater stuff and the mountain stuff just seemed really lame.

The leveling part of the game seemed pretty cool though. I mean, not really any better than it had ever been, but not any worse either.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i should clarify

leveling under 60 is still fun but I preferred preCata  1-60 content

leveling 80-85 --- I hated the upper level zones

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    But giving people the thrill of falling off the side of hyjal immediately followed by 5 minutes of trying to find a way to their corpse followed by the realization that they've been officially pwned is what gaming is all about :(
  • RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

We found a place in Mt. Hyjal, where people have to do daily quests, that you are on the edge of cliffs high above Ashenvale.

Playing with my elemental shaman friend, and myself being a Death Knight, we were able to sink countless hours death gripping and thunderstorming people off the cliffs, sending their dead bodies into inaccessible parts of Ashenvale making corpse retrieval impossible.

This kept me up late at night, made me late for work, it was the thrill of an EPIC adventure hour after hour.

I don't know if WoW will ever be able to recapture this amount of fun for me.

The above speaks volumes about your personality.

One mans pain is another mans gain I guess.

Cata was the last WoW expansion I played. Things really went down hill for me when these two people who kept knocking me off Mt Hyjal...

• ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    I thought for sure you were going to say pet battles, cause that by far was the greatest MMO innovation ever.

Nearly as good as 2on2 pvp in a pve-centric game with 11 classes.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    But giving people the thrill of falling off the side of hyjal immediately followed by 5 minutes of trying to find a way to their corpse followed by the realization that they've been officially pwned is what gaming is all about :(

1. That's not what gaming is about.

2. They weren't pwned at all. They were simply victims of environment design. To "pwn" someone you have to massively outplay them in direct contest. Personally + Owned = pwned. Not "I pushed someone off the edge". You have to demonstrate skill far and above what your opponent did in order to claim that. You did nothing of the sort. What you did was the same as a player killing a critter. Grats.

For example, if 2 guys try to gank you and you counter cc them while busting out combos that they weren't expecting and spank them like whiny children, then you can say you pwned them. But not because you pushed someone off a cliff.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    But giving people the thrill of falling off the side of hyjal immediately followed by 5 minutes of trying to find a way to their corpse followed by the realization that they've been officially "griefed" is what gaming is all about :(

Fixed that for you. Let's call it like it is.

No, gaming is, and never was about making other people feel bad for no good reason, other than to satisfy someone's inner sadist.

At least for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon