Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a linkshell to return to

hi, over the years i have tried multiple MMOs, but nothing compares to FFXI. Although abyssea is not great, the game itself remains an all time favorite.

im curious, if i return, are there any decent sized linkshells out there that play ona regular basis?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

There are some,but they hang out in the newer zones 24/7,those new zones are even the afk hangout now.

I stopped playing because Square does not "get it" they learned nothing from the distrust of Abyssea content.Square continued the same pattern with new content,yes the grouping aspect is always a good thing but is more like Abyssea where everyone is just alliance/teaming up for personal needs.

I miss the old school days when everyone was basically on the same path,leveling jobs but now with such speed leveling,even the jobs feel shallow because players hit max level in a week.I was in a few LS of late but seems they all left to play FFXIV.SO because i was basically hanging out solo or with the odd  player,it got boring.I have little interest in more Abyssea style content,but seems Square feels it is the best way to create super longevity through ridiculous grind.The new grind is similar as was Abyssea to the old Dynamis currency runs,not good for FUN gaming just super long grinds.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• StandadeezyStandadeezy Member Posts: 23

in FFXI i have always been 2 steps behind end game with every expansion. im really just looking for some friends to party with, exp, quest, whatever. looking for old school kind of thing. you seem like you are in a similar situation. if you care to play i would consider returning and possibly recruiting others. let me know what you think....?

-stanadeezy