Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More great stuff incoming to Darkfall.

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?384073-December-Update-Highlights

Some amazing stuff in this update. Most notably to me, are the changes to the UI.

I'm also excited for the new dungeon. The most recent dungeon added was one of the coolest I've seen in any MMO ever, with it's moving walls and darkness that divides your party.

New chat system:
We have already presented and shown screenshots of it. It's undergoing final testing and is expected to be added next week, barring any persistent issues.

Hot bars and skill options:
Hot bars that show skill placement as well as cool downs will be added this month. These will be visible in action mode making it easier for players to see which skill is assigned to which slot as well as track the cool downs. Additionally 3 new options per slot will be made available. One allows players to decide if they want the default skill for each weapon to be cast when the selected skill is on cool down or not. The second presents the option of reverting to the default skill for each weapon when the selected skill has been executed. The third option flags skills on the slot to be cast by pressing the relevant hot key only without having to press the associated mouse button afterwards. New icons for all schools skills have also been created and will be introduced with the hot bars.

Cannons:
The projectile cannons located on top of towers in clan cities as well as a deployable cannon are being finalized and will be added to the game in the next couple of weeks. Cannons require black powder to be operated and in the case of the deployable ones, players will need to craft them. More cannon options and more siege machines will follow.

Prowess Monoliths:
Another feature in the final stages of development is the prowess monolith. These monoliths become active at set intervals and players that enter the structure will gain prowess for the duration of their visit. The more players on the structure, the more the prowess is divided up, so securing the location for you and your friends is important.

New Epic Dungeon:
Sinspire Cathedral is a new epic dungeon that has its' entrance located in the Banegorge area of Agon. Sinspire is an epic dungeon in size, difficulty as well as denizens. Players will navigate through a huge environment inspired from Gothic style cathedrals, with the ultimate goal of reaching the dungeon Boss. A new dynamic door system requires players to perform certain kills to proceed or even escape. On the way to the dungeon boss players will encounter the Erodach, the dungeon's mini boss. The Erodach is a high rank caster monster that uses special attacks and custom AI to challenge the players.

At the dungeon's finale, players will need to defeat Sir Davos the Damned to claim their reward and escape the Cathedral. Sir Davos is a monster of the highest difficulty that uses many new and devastating custom skills. Players will need to pay attention to their surroundings and employ new strategies as well as impeccable coordination to succeed.

Also:

Chaos School: The third Primalist school is also in its' final stages of development, but may not make it in by the end of the month due to the time it will take to complete the effects for the feature.

Finally, as you know, we have also been working closely with players on the MVP forum to improve the economy as well as desirability of villages and clan holdings and we should start seeing results on these in the game very soon. A new wave of invites to the MVP forum is going out today.

Expect the first patch to happen early next week.

Thank you for reading. 

Comments

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126
    A mediocre update that would have been a good update 6 months ago.
  • skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    This update is literally all the suggestions and feedback from beta. Funny how it only matters now when people are leaving the game.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by skamper
    This update is literally all the suggestions and feedback from beta. Funny how it only matters now when people are leaving the game.

Exactly, the lame console UI was fail from the beginning.

"The following are some of the things to look forward to, added in three patches happening within December."

I'll believe it when I see it.

Now just a free trial after the update is finalized.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Dawgdoc
    [mod edit]

I think those still holding onto DF:UW are either hoping that AV will bring back the core system of DFO or the ones that hope AV will finally scrap DF:UW and bring back DFO.   Each patch announcement that AV has is just more useless content or a new shinier scissor or the other paper and rock players to choose from.  DFO had flaws but it kept people's interest for far longer then DF:UW has.  If they just focused thier efforts on tweaking DFO more instead of building an entire new game with a messed up GUI and a broken class system, then we would've had an awsome game that we would be playing instead of posting on the forums.

Class systems can work well if they are done right and given enough fluff, utlity, and versatility...similar to how Shadowbane did it.  But the dreadfully limited classes that DF:UW has makes the game boring rather quickly.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

You guys are trolling.

AV has follows through with what they say, it just takes them time. I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure things pop up.

The human dungeon was delayed because they had troubles with the moving walls. That's what happens when you experiment. This isn't a massive developer.

I do know that the interface certainly took hundreds, maybe thousands of lines of code.

It's not a small project.

But the game is improving with every patch.

The last combat balancing patch made the game 300x more fun for me.

The optimization patch gave me more frames per second.

It's been a while since we had a content patch, and soon we will get what they've been working on.

I know one thing is true, judging by the progression they've made on dungeons, this next one is going to be bad ass!

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Dawgdoc
    [mod edit]

Er, yes. Every time they do an outline like this the stuff ends up in the game. It just takes time.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Interesting, the title word "more"  would suggest that there was already great stuff in Darkfall.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Interesting, the title word "more"  would suggest that there was already great stuff in Darkfall.

Well if one views in particular cases one may find great things but as a whole yeah... game ain't that great at the moment.

Originally posted by Dihoru

Well if one views in particular cases one may find great things but as a whole yeah... game ain't that great at the moment.

As a whole, it's the best full loot  persistent world  with no instances, action combat, and city conquest available on the market today.

If this is correct, please point to the better game.

If you can't, please get out of my niche.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Far too little, far too late.
    Originally posted by karmath
    Far too little, far too late.

The only thing too little, for me, is that Chaos probably won't make it until January.

Sorry it's not enough for you. Good luck to you and have fun playing..... what is it your playing these days?

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    this game dosnt have trial??
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Is that now Beta 2 phase meanwhile ...

Remember we had cannons already  in the original game ...also hotbars..

Call again when the game is full and ready to launch ...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Hey, they added cannons. I think i should resub now.

Like wtf, they added canons, but no siege engine. How the fuck are we gonna get reed of cannon's wall or the cannon itself right now? With battle spike? Please, we need to go on top of the platform to b-spike down the shit if we can't open the front door coz this time, we're gonna get shut down by canoneers, there's no way we're gonna be able to get inside in the first place.

The priorities of AV are just so fucking wrong and i'm so mad right now.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Lustmord

As a whole, it's the best full loot  persistent world  with no instances, action combat, and city conquest available on the market today.

=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  EVE Online :), if you had said fantasy full loot you may have had a whisper of a chance but yes: EVE- Online eats Darkfall for breakfeast in all respects from world size, to developer ethics ( at least they make fun of themselves and do not go anal retentive as much as other ones ) to player economy and general bathshit craziness.

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

"Expect the first patch to happen early next week."

READ -- patch late next week or late another week or maybe even another week ......

sad AV - please sell game to some serious devs and they will give us proper game if u cant !!!!!

Originally posted by enolice

"Expect the first patch to happen early next week."

READ -- patch late next week or late another week or maybe even another week ......

sad AV - please sell game to some serious devs and they will give us proper game if u cant !!!!!

One can only hope.

I think that most people have the bad taste in thier mouth because they know what the game was and what it has become.  Unholy Wars is built off the same map and game that the orginal Darkfall was.  In fact AV announced it as Darkfall 2.0.  Looking back at what DFO had to offer vs what DF:UW offers....its boring.  Its like being use to driving around in an Aston Martin(that needs some body work) and then given a beat up 84' Checy Nova(that hasn't had an oil change and is out of gas) and told to have fun.

DFO had its flaws, but those flaws would've been far easier to tweak out rather then spending all the man hours to rebuild a GUI that is horrific and a gameplay/class system that is broken.  Shadowbane had a far better class system then DF:UW does and yet AV states that they built DF around the UO/SB/DAoC builds....DFO was going down the right path of UO, SB, DAoC....but DF:UW derailed itself. 

It might be the only full loot non-instanced pvp style MMO on the market today, but for those that played DFO its a step in the wrong direction.

Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

I think that most people have the bad taste in thier mouth because they know what the game was and what it has become.  Unholy Wars is built off the same map and game that the orginal Darkfall was.  In fact AV announced it as Darkfall 2.0.  Looking back at what DFO had to offer vs what DF:UW offers....its boring.  Its like being use to driving around in an Aston Martin(that needs some body work) and then given a beat up 84' Checy Nova(that hasn't had an oil change and is out of gas) and told to have fun.

DFO had its flaws, but those flaws would've been far easier to tweak out rather then spending all the man hours to rebuild a GUI that is horrific and a gameplay/class system that is broken.  Shadowbane had a far better class system then DF:UW does and yet AV states that they built DF around the UO/SB/DAoC builds....DFO was going down the right path of UO, SB, DAoC....but DF:UW derailed itself. 

It might be the only full loot non-instanced pvp style MMO on the market today, but for those that played DFO its a step in the wrong direction.

I think it's a giant leap in the wrong direction for anyone that played DFO or the other games listed above.  DFUW is nothing more than a persistent death match with nothing of substance.

Originally posted by ilives

I think it's a giant leap in the wrong direction for anyone that played DFO or the other games listed above.  DFUW is nothing more than a persistent death match with nothing of substance.

I was trying to be objective. :p   But I agree it is a giant leap in the wrong direction.  It does cater to a certain type of player but not enough of one to sustain the game.  THey have dumbed down the redeeming quality of the Darkfall name which is the pvp, but while dumbing down the pvp they also removed a lot of substance and fluff which could've potentially attracted a larger playerbase then it currently has.

Essentially they have ruined a hardcore pvp game and made it into a "carebear" (i hate using that word) pvp game while failing to add the qualities that a "carebear" (again I hate using that word) might deem enjoyable.

Originally posted by kosac
    this game dosnt have trial??

No, it just had a 66% off sale, that you could try for the first month for $13.50.

Keep your eyes on steam, and they will might have another for Christmas.

=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  EVE Online :), if you had said fantasy full loot you may have had a whisper of a chance but yes: EVE- Online eats Darkfall for breakfeast in all respects from world size, to developer ethics ( at least they make fun of themselves and do not go anal retentive as much as other ones ) to player economy and general bathshit craziness.

I said Action Combat.

EVE is pretty boring, imo.

Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo
    Originally posted by ilives

I was trying to be objective. :p   But I agree it is a giant leap in the wrong direction.  It does cater to a certain type of player but not enough of one to sustain the game.  THey have dumbed down the redeeming quality of the Darkfall name which is the pvp, but while dumbing down the pvp they also removed a lot of substance and fluff which could've potentially attracted a larger playerbase then it currently has.

Essentially they have ruined a hardcore pvp game and made it into a "carebear" (i hate using that word) pvp game while failing to add the qualities that a "carebear" (again I hate using that word) might deem enjoyable.

Ultimately, DFUW has no real identity.

AV's attempt to open the game to a broader audience has been a complete failure.  Getting on Steam was going to save the game with a huge influx of players, that never happened. http://steamcharts.com/app/227400#1m  Peeking at 520 player is abysmal.

AV need's to pick a direction and stick with it, this middle of the road crap clearly isn't working.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I'm not gonna claim that dfuw is a better game than EVE but EVE doesn't have action combat and I'm not sure it has city conquest? I actually don't know, but I always thought that EVE didn't really have player cities in a traditional sense. I could be wrong though.

• BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75
    I just refuse to do same thing over again that I did in df1 and that's waiting for df2010 , content and promises based on lies and they are lies when we see df-uw as product and what was promised. If they manage to bring all the content of df1 + more maybe I will sub again. Did all the things that darkfall as concept can offer in better game df1 compared to df-uw.