Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i think its time AV for a relaunch

SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i am not sure wtf they are doing in greece.. but they are missing alot of subscriptions

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/darkfall-10-server/

I truely dont understand why they are not closing one of the Uw servers and relaunch a 1.0 server

In a PR point of view they should have never closed 1.0 and keep both games running.

Company too stupid to understand

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Actually, it was their mistake in telling people about the upcoming launch of DFUW which pretty much killed off 1.0, so they shouldn't consider an idea like this, would only serve to send people running from the current title making the situation worse.

They likely don't have the resources to support two version of the game regardless.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

I'm not sure how running two unprofitable games will help them. Their best choice would be to add some of the stuff people miss from DFO into the current product. The more functional DFO UI seems to be the most requested.

I wouldn't mind seeing skills come back as long as they cap it to like 7 active skills at a time.  Remove the stupid skills like running and swimming.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    i dont know what you guys are thinking but running a server for 600 people vs running a server for 2k people is for me a easy choice
  • MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    When I quit DFO the population was about the same as it is now in DFUW. I know you might remember it fondly through rose colored glasses, but it was no better off than UW is now. I actually picked DFO back up a month before it shut down. I joined a clan with like 8 - 10 active members, and we had 2 cities and 4 hamlets. How does a clan with 10 actives have that many holdings if the server population is healthy?
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by MrBoots
    When I quit DFO the population was about the same as it is now in DFUW. I know you might remember it fondly through rose colored glasses, but it was no better off than UW is now. I actually picked DFO back up a month before it shut down. I joined a clan with like 8 - 10 active members, and we had 2 cities and 4 hamlets. How does a clan with 10 actives have that many holdings if the server population is healthy?

The time you resubbed to DFO for last time was when, 1 year of uncertainity about the imminent wipe had hit the population + 1,5 years with no substantial update +  the "new game" had already been announced its beta date.

Please try compare DFO population 6 month after launch (summer 2009) with now DF:UW 6 months after launch and you see which ones entirely fails and whuich one was at least very promising.

Summer 2009 i was a happy customer. the first expansion had just hit the servers which added housing and villages into the game of which i just didnt liked the random loot drop mechanic of the house deads and the NA ping whiners just got their server, what  means there was enough customers to split in 2 servers.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

The time you resubbed to DFO for last time was when, 1 year of uncertainity about the imminent wipe had hit the population + 1,5 years with no substantial update +  the "new game" had already been announced its beta date.

Please try compare DFO population 6 month after launch (summer 2009) with now DF:UW 6 months after launch and you see which ones entirely fails and whuich one was at least very promising.

Summer 2009 i was a happy customer. the first expansion had just hit the servers which added housing and villages into the game of which i just didnt liked the random loot drop mechanic of the house deads and the NA ping whiners just got their server, what  means there was enough customers to split in 2 servers.

Exactly...

Most people compare DFO's last 6 months of being live to DF:UW's first 6 months of launch.  What people fail to see is that for the last 17 months of DFO being up and running you had a developer company that gave zero information on its current game, announced a "Darkfall 2010" that turned into a "Darkfall 2.0" that turned into a wipe of the current servers and then became an entirely new game.  For the last 10 months of DFO you had AV announing that the servers would be getting shut down for a new game, and even then it was a more fun game then DF:UW currently is.

DFO had more meat and potatoes to the gaming experience for the player.  They simply needed to tweak a few areas in the game and they ultimately had a well rounded pvp oriented MMO. The grind, the melee, the cost of high end ships not being cost effective, sea towers, and then the addition of a little more fluff...i.e. "Land Towers", roaming mobs, NPC guards instead of zap towers etc etc. 

DF:UW is more of a dumbed down version of DFO.  I was a huge fan of DFO and even of DF:UW during its beta.  I was hopefull that AV would see the mistakes they were making with the new version of DF during the beta and change it.  But then patch after patch came with more and more useless content that didn't emerse a player into the game, didn't give the game that adrenaline rush during pvp, and basically made the game boring.  Even the patches where they added new classes were snorefests.  They added a new warrior school that quickly became a flavor of the week...maybe flavor of the day after people figured out that it is the same paper rock scissor game that it was but with just fancy new powers.  Then came duelist and again it became a new flavor of the week.  The game lacks the rush that you would get during pvp that DFO had.  I can remember getting into a 5v5 out in open field in DFO and win or lose my heart would be pumping after the fight.  In DF:UW when I get into 3v3 or 5v5 I get bored, I actually find myself thinking of something else during the fight(because its that slow and not that intense).  Most times I just think..."my god this fight would've been so much more epic in DFO".  Instead it turns into a duelist/brawler lets see who can spam the same 3 powers more type of fight and then when things get bad lets just dash away.  I realize the bunny hopping in DFO was a lot like the dashing away of DF:UW but with bunny hopping the person took fall dmg during thier escape, and the pursuer had the ability to bunny hop as well plus each had multiple utility spells at thier disposal that made the fight so much more intense then this version does.

AV should just count thier losses on DF:UW(its population is already lower then DFO's was during its last year after they announced a wipe)....go back to the drawing board with the DFO version and tweak the issues that so many people bitched about on the forums.  Obviously weeding out the crybaby posts of people whining that they lost a gear bag in a sea fight because the guy hit harder then them. 

DF:UW has failed as a follow up to DFO.  The storyline is that it takes place 700 years(or something like that) in the future after the DFO days.  Yet the character progression is a dumbed down version then it once was.  The players have less skills, less utility, and less versatility at their disposal then the previous version.  DF:UW is more like the prequel to DFO then its sequal.  I mean watch a youtube video of mid to large scale fights in DFO vs youtube of DF:UW.  If someone who knew nothign about either game watched it they would assume DFO was the sequal to DF:UW because of the diversity of utility spells/skills, the greater number of skills/spells and the ability for grps to function better as a grp and the intensity of each fight.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Ok.  This just in... DFO is NOT coming back.  This is like getting on the SWTOR boards and crying about SWG.  SWG was a better game, but it's not coming back.  It also had insane major flaws just like DFO.

Guess what time it is.  It's time for AV to continue to add content to DFUW.  It's not finished and they need to pick up the pace.  I think they were trying to appeal to the other 98% of the MMO crowd with DFUW, safe zones and slower combat.  I think they miscalculated that 97% of that crowd are still deathly afraid of full loot games.  Thankfully I ignored the DFO bitter vets and bought DFUW in June.  It's the most fun I've had since EQ...and it's not close.  There are no other games out there like it.  

So while DFUW is worse than DFO, in your minds.  It is still better than the linear no freedom themepark trash that has infected this genre.  Fans of this type of game should be banding together rather than sounding like bitter SWG guy.  We are heavily outnumbered by the linear themepark crowd.  And if they have their way there will be no freedom in MMO's.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Exactly...

Most people compare DFO's last 6 months of being live to DF:UW's first 6 months of launch.  What people fail to see is that for the last 17 months of DFO being up and running you had a developer company that gave zero information on its current game, announced a "Darkfall 2010" that turned into a "Darkfall 2.0" that turned into a wipe of the current servers and then became an entirely new game.  For the last 10 months of DFO you had AV announing that the servers would be getting shut down for a new game, and even then it was a more fun game then DF:UW currently is.

DFO had more meat and potatoes to the gaming experience for the player.  They simply needed to tweak a few areas in the game and they ultimately had a well rounded pvp oriented MMO. The grind, the melee, the cost of high end ships not being cost effective, sea towers, and then the addition of a little more fluff...i.e. "Land Towers", roaming mobs, NPC guards instead of zap towers etc etc. 

DF:UW is more of a dumbed down version of DFO.  I was a huge fan of DFO and even of DF:UW during its beta.  I was hopefull that AV would see the mistakes they were making with the new version of DF during the beta and change it.  But then patch after patch came with more and more useless content that didn't emerse a player into the game, didn't give the game that adrenaline rush during pvp, and basically made the game boring.  Even the patches where they added new classes were snorefests.  They added a new warrior school that quickly became a flavor of the week...maybe flavor of the day after people figured out that it is the same paper rock scissor game that it was but with just fancy new powers.  Then came duelist and again it became a new flavor of the week.  The game lacks the rush that you would get during pvp that DFO had.  I can remember getting into a 5v5 out in open field in DFO and win or lose my heart would be pumping after the fight.  In DF:UW when I get into 3v3 or 5v5 I get bored, I actually find myself thinking of something else during the fight(because its that slow and not that intense).  Most times I just think..."my god this fight would've been so much more epic in DFO".  Instead it turns into a duelist/brawler lets see who can spam the same 3 powers more type of fight and then when things get bad lets just dash away.  I realize the bunny hopping in DFO was a lot like the dashing away of DF:UW but with bunny hopping the person took fall dmg during thier escape, and the pursuer had the ability to bunny hop as well plus each had multiple utility spells at thier disposal that made the fight so much more intense then this version does.

AV should just count thier losses on DF:UW(its population is already lower then DFO's was during its last year after they announced a wipe)....go back to the drawing board with the DFO version and tweak the issues that so many people bitched about on the forums.  Obviously weeding out the crybaby posts of people whining that they lost a gear bag in a sea fight because the guy hit harder then them. 

DF:UW has failed as a follow up to DFO.  The storyline is that it takes place 700 years(or something like that) in the future after the DFO days.  Yet the character progression is a dumbed down version then it once was.  The players have less skills, less utility, and less versatility at their disposal then the previous version.  DF:UW is more like the prequel to DFO then its sequal.  I mean watch a youtube video of mid to large scale fights in DFO vs youtube of DF:UW.  If someone who knew nothign about either game watched it they would assume DFO was the sequal to DF:UW because of the diversity of utility spells/skills, the greater number of skills/spells and the ability for grps to function better as a grp and the intensity of each fight.

Pretty much this; I was intially very excited for UW, but played the beta and rage from the bugs; removal of things that made DFO appealing like the inventory and loot system, robust skills,racial wars,exciting battles,stealing and killing mounts, ect ect. DF:UW is the dumbed down bland; trying to be mainstream version. They need to allow their code to be sourced so we can make our own server; fix things like grind and add sandbox elements that should be in the game. DFO was about 60% the perfect game. Fuck you Tasos and the lazy greek developers.

All they needed to do was add a combat skill cap of say 300 points and have crafting take points from the pool, as well as non combat/crafting skillcap for swimming, running, ect.

Next they needed to lower the grind a bit and add more pvp hotspots with good rewards.

Balance spells and skills more.

Add sandbox features/content. Things like treasure hunting was a good start.

Allow more customization to hamlets and citites, add housing in all the npc cities/chaos cities(makes these very expensive to live in), add player made housing anywhere on the map except around npc cities/chaos cities.

Allow player cities to have an area surrounding their city as their territory where they can do things like add decorations, emblems player made outposts, and ability to tax other player that decide to live in their kingdom.

More things to do in game other than just combat and pvp.

MurderHerd

Originally posted by Mardukk

Ok.  This just in... DFO is NOT coming back.  This is like getting on the SWTOR boards and crying about SWG.  SWG was a better game, but it's not coming back.  It also had insane major flaws just like DFO.

Guess what time it is.  It's time for AV to continue to add content to DFUW.  It's not finished and they need to pick up the pace.  I think they were trying to appeal to the other 98% of the MMO crowd with DFUW, safe zones and slower combat.  I think they miscalculated that 97% of that crowd are still deathly afraid of full loot games.  Thankfully I ignored the DFO bitter vets and bought DFUW in June.  It's the most fun I've had since EQ...and it's not close.  There are no other games out there like it.  

So while DFUW is worse than DFO, in your minds.  It is still better than the linear no freedom themepark trash that has infected this genre.  Fans of this type of game should be banding together rather than sounding like bitter SWG guy.  We are heavily outnumbered by the linear themepark crowd.  And if they have their way there will be no freedom in MMO's.

So you never played DFO....you think DF:UW is a better game then the other MMOs out there and yet don't think that DFO should return? 

DFO had flaws in it just like any game, but if DFO had 30% flaws in it compared to its 70% of a great game.  Then DF:UW is the exact opposite....70% flaws to a 30% decent game(not quite great).  If you've never played DFO then you probably won't understand what it was that you were missing.

Your analogy of SWTOR and SWG is flawed in that SWTOR isn't meant to be a sequal to SWG or even the same game.  DF:UW is suppose to be the 2.0 of DFO....problem was they dumbed the game down.  98% of the playerbase didn't want the safezones or the slower game play....they wanted the fluff of armor dyes, custom crafting, custom housing, custom city building, and variety in thier class/profession.  The reason why the population has dropped so much in the last 6 months to a dismal level is because this game has lost the "DFO bitter vets" and also have lost the MMO players that wanted the WoW-like fluff and sandbox game that DFO was on its way to being.  Had AV just followed through with thier DF2010 update lists, and added in a few extra tweaks to the game then instead of you praising DF:UW, as being the most fun you've had since EQ, you wouldn't even being typing on the forums because you would be to busy playing the actual game.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

So you never played DFO....you think DF:UW is a better game then the other MMOs out there and yet don't think that DFO should return? 

DFO had flaws in it just like any game, but if DFO had 30% flaws in it compared to its 70% of a great game.  Then DF:UW is the exact opposite....70% flaws to a 30% decent game(not quite great).  If you've never played DFO then you probably won't understand what it was that you were missing.

Your analogy of SWTOR and SWG is flawed in that SWTOR isn't meant to be a sequal to SWG or even the same game.  DF:UW is suppose to be the 2.0 of DFO....problem was they dumbed the game down.  98% of the playerbase didn't want the safezones or the slower game play....they wanted the fluff of armor dyes, custom crafting, custom housing, custom city building, and variety in thier class/profession.  The reason why the population has dropped so much in the last 6 months to a dismal level is because this game has lost the "DFO bitter vets" and also have lost the MMO players that wanted the WoW-like fluff and sandbox game that DFO was on its way to being.  Had AV just followed through with thier DF2010 update lists, and added in a few extra tweaks to the game then instead of you praising DF:UW, as being the most fun you've had since EQ, you wouldn't even being typing on the forums because you would be to busy playing the actual game.

Too bad for you buddy.  Linear themepark land for you then.  There is some hope though.  As there are some upcoming MMO's with Sandbox elements coming up (the Repopulation, Black Desert, Archeage, EQN among others).  Maybe the bitter DFO vets should consider jumping on those boards after their 20th bitter DFUW post.  

Yes, I should play DFUW every second of my life because I'm having fun with it...........

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Au contraire,  SWG is coming back, it is back in big parts !  Its SWTOR no one will missing.

Same with Darkfall. Its only DFO that might come back. No one will misses DF:UW ...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Snoepie
    i dont know what you guys are thinking but running a server for 600 people vs running a server for 2k people is for me a easy choice

Biggest mistake why Darkfall 1 failed(cheating maybe equally couse of failing) was splitting up the community after only 6 months.

Asking for 2 servers now will not change that it will even kill the game faster.

Get rid of DFUW RELAUNCH Darkfall 1 EU-1 make sure cheating is to munimum old vetrans like me will comeback or otherwise go bankrupt AV you did a misrable job with DFO.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Biggest mistake why Darkfall 1 failed(cheating maybe equally couse of failing) was splitting up the community after only 6 months.

Asking for 2 servers now will not change that it will even kill the game faster.

Get rid of DFUW RELAUNCH Darkfall 1 EU-1 make sure cheating is to munimum old vetrans like me will comeback or otherwise go bankrupt AV you did a misrable job with DFO.

Sadly, Cheating is just as rampant in DFUW with the same old hacks still working.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Sadly, Cheating is just as rampant in DFUW with the same old hacks still working.

Cheating will be rampant in almost all MMOs.  DFO and DF:UW players are just a little more cavalier about it.   Asking for 2 servers won't neccessarily kill the game now as long as one server is DFO and the other is DF:UW.  That way those that like the slow paced limited play style of DF:UW will have a server to play on and those that enjoyed the adrenaline rush of DFO and versatile play will have their own server.

Either way...both DFO and DF:UW have tweaks that need to be worked out to make them that next tier game and put them on the "great game" level.  Problem most have with DF:UW is that its suppose to be DF 2.0, but yet its a dumbed down version of 1.0 and suffers from more imbalance and more gameplay problems.